+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Shas

Thread: Runeshaper Vs. Mystic Archer

Default Runeshaper Vs. Mystic Archer

In the last month I have played around with leveling Mystic Archer and Runeshaper. Nothing serious, just playing around. And I can't help but notice that both are massively overpowered at low levels (level 30 and below.) I have never died nor come close to dying on either one (no active Patron but I am max Loyalty) while easily overwhelming ALL mobs that I have encountered with them.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered results like this playing these souls.

Does anyone play 61Runeshaper and/ or 61Mystic Archer above level 65 or during endgame content? If yes, what souls do you pair with them?
    Do you play these souls all the time or just during certain situations?
    Do you enjoy these souls? If yes, can you share your thoughts on what you enjoy about them?

Since PvP is limited to max levels, does anyone have a PvP dimension that caters to lower level characters? I am interested in seeing how effective Runeshaper and Mystic Archer are at level against other at level characters not mentored. Or if you know of a video I can watch focusing on the effectiveness of these souls in both PvE and PvP, can you share the link(s)?

I am only interested in feedback regarding these two souls - any stories you are willing to share of your experience(s) with them.

Thank you in advance for all of your feedback.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Rift Disciple

the buildup for runeshaper is like the buildup for druid, it's bad, so target switching will be bad, so on short pvp fight it will be bad. same for dungeon, and in raid it's far from inqui damage
    only the 11 talent point teleport and the 0 legendary is good when paired with other souls. the aoe slow and speed are too small to be usefull in pvp

Ma can be combined with pyro- since Ma has no mage armor and Pyro works well with less than 40 points.

Problem with ma:
    - The bolts may not hit the target you want.
    - The default st rotation can easily be butchered and leaves you with a MASSIVE cooldown penalty
    - Try to collects your bolts in limited space like Isiel or Titanx or with 20people + mobs on your screen.
    - Summoning Quiver+ Barrage on levelmobs works, but is insanely braindead- expect to not become a better Mage from it.
    - Massive downside: Barrage likes to derp out and hit far less, or even no mobs from time to time.

-> needs fix:
    - better low point Legendary
    - Less Mobility and gimmic cleave but much more st potential
    - Bolts not droping randomly
    - Leggy Arcane Shot adding offsoul value (Like Empyrean Bolt or Inscribe Fate) would give us viable option for Wand-casters

Runeshaper is somewhat like Cabbalist.
    Nice concept and fun, but almost non of the legendaries provide the + 200% it's competitor souls have.
    There are different approaches.
    61Rs 12Justicar 3Druid gave me the best raw dummy numbers.

It was a tight rotation, droping to 20% mana after 2 min, hardcasting a Smithing here&there and helt some 960k
    The very tight Rotation and 1.5 sec gcd gives every utility spell a noticeable penalty. (keeping you mana up is dead even not worth it)

Runeshaper is very relaxing- and like Stormcaller or melee PL you can easily parse 15min without noticing.

Both souls remain funky offsouls with 11 points at best. (if not running the 'mobility only' pvp exploiter)

Runeshaper got addet late nmt.
    Looking up Rs on Yt gives a bunch of prime and nmt pvp/pve footage
    Last edited by Shas; 06-29-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    ...it's bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Ma...needs fix...Runeshaper is somewhat like Cabbalist...
    I have exported both to my level 70s, filling in the blanks as best as I could, and kind of noticed the same thing. I understand that it is NOT the same thing as actually learning these souls through leveling. I just wanted to see how they played max'd out. I'm not sure that I will finish leveling these out to see where exactly they go from massively overpowered to weak as snot. I paid cash money for these souls and have had them for a very long time and only just now got an interest in looking at them.

Like I mentioned before, just for fun.

I was kind of hoping that Runeshaper would give Inquisitor a run for it's money but don't see that happening at all. Same with Mystic Archer vs. Pyromancer. It's just not there.

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing around with both of these souls and seeing how massively overpowered they are compared to the more traditional souls used to level these callings. I think it would a lot of fun to get a big group of other players that are actually level 30-ish and not mentored to run PvP in these souls.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope more players share their experiences with these souls here in this thread.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

Runeshaper is nowhere near as good as the top 3 cleric souls, but it still performs at a level where maxed out players can play it in BoS for fun and not get kicked for trolling. In our standard triple support raid, I can maintain about 1.3m until the first Defensive Spin happens. Runeshaper, like Druid, does not have a burst that lines up well with Defensive Spins timing, so its not fun nor easy to play after that. But there's no reason to play it over Inquisitor or even Shaman, except for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    ...there's no reason to play it...except for fun.
    Sounds like it's nothing but a burden. Any thoughts on Mystic Archer?

This got buried awfully fast. Bumping because I really want to get more player feedback on these two souls.

I think quite a lot of the souls are very strong early levels now anyway. Frequent buffs and nerfs have scewed up the early game quite considerably.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I think quite a lot of the souls are very strong early levels now anyway. Frequent buffs and nerfs have scewed up the early game quite considerably.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    This got buried awfully fast. Bumping because I really want to get more player feedback on these two souls.
    I think there just isn't a whole lot else to talk about atm.

Runeshaper is the 10-11 point offsoul dlc to squeeze everything out of Inquisitor.
    Rs itself is a Tempest-Vulcanist but lacks the legendaries to get the required ~220% legendary bonus.

Mystic Archer makes for an ok Tank offsoul.
    It has high base damage but scales horribly. All it's Legendaries are trash and it spends way too many points into gimmicy heals and mobility to make a reasonable Rotation.

Both are p2w mobility exploits for pvp.

- Don't take everything for granted tho, happy to see something useful comming out of them.

Failed Attempts on both:

- Making 61 RS and MA viable for st lol
    - Runeshaper-Oracle after 65
    - Shaman-Runeshaper using Faith's Reward for Smiting 1sec casts.
    - Using the Wand ranged animation for Ele LEF proccs (auto attacks procc LEF)

Something that kinda worked:

- MA leveling exploits
    - Zooming dungeon Arbiter with mach 4
    - Using Runeshaper to flex on people
    - Pyro-MA hybrid for static aoe

Due to Elemental rupture being ethereal which happens to have no resist value in the game, i will try for some charge-eater-hybrids after downtime.
    //nah fk it. Any Ma based dps is more complicated -and does even less than Ranger.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-02-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

+ Reply to Thread