+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Necalli
  • 2 Post By Ambrodel
  • 1 Post By Aedynn

Thread: Why Would I Buy the Battle pass?

Default Why Would I Buy the Battle pass?

Not a malicious question but a genuine one. As far as I can tell it's just a way to monetize what currently exists in the game. The rewards are apparently either cosmetic, vials, or currencies that are useless. What's worse is it is also crafted to help push more Patron status sales.

Pair this with the fact we haven't seen new content in literally years and I see no reason to buy this pass. Can someone give me a reason why I should? Am I missing something?

The short isn't is you don't. It's just there if you want it. For many, it's just something to do for the fluff items / mount. Mounts alone tend to be $20-$25 so you're already getting more than what you pay from just that and then all of the other stuff on top of it. You don't need patron to complete it, but it certainly helps.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

plus, don't forget they are tossing you some credits. not sure if I'm right but it looks like you get some credits in F2P and another handful if you buy it ?? if that is indeed the case, then thats another incentive if you still have stuff to get with credits ...

i mean I've been playing this for yrs and only bought soul packs and nightmare pack but no patron ever ... i can always use the credits on something even if it only for minion slots (yep, you heard right i still only have two minion slots ... lol)
    Last edited by Merlin666; 06-22-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    plus, don't forget they are tossing you some credits. not sure if I'm right but it looks like you get some credits in F2P another handful if you buy it ?? if that is indeed the case, then thats another incentive if you still have stuff to get with credits ...

Unless something have changed: The credits are only for buyers of the BP. Being F2P or Patron doesn't give you any Credits, only buying BP does. Top row item is for F2P and Patrons that didn't buy the BP, bottom row item with nothing listed underneath is for those that bought the BP but aren't Patron and bottom row item with Patron listed underneath is for those that have bought both the BP AND are Patrons.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 06-22-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    plus, don't forget they are tossing you some credits...
    3000 credits to be exact. 1500 collected from your NA toons and another 1500 collected from your EU toons. Add the mount, the artifact set and the cosmetics and it's actually a nice deal for so little work.

I'd be in the mix with all of you myself if I wasn't still completely burned out from BP3. It REALLY was too soon for another Battle Pass. WAY too soon.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Shield of Telara

Good question. The problem with Battle Pass is that it doesn't really have any unique items players have literally been begging for years to be added to the game. I bet more people would buy it if it granted a speed boost or instant mounting like silver tier does which is considerably paid to win in PvP. The worse type of Pay to Win. Even then they could have added something like fragment unsocketer if that is too much. Credits are good but at some point, it is going to bite them in the *** because giving players credits is just going to make them buy straight up the items from the new events like Summerfest etc. which means not many players doing that content. They are trading content for content and eating into their own pockets one way or the other.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-22-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Not a malicious question but a genuine one. As far as I can tell it's just a way to monetize what currently exists in the game. The rewards are apparently either cosmetic, vials, or currencies that are useless. What's worse is it is also crafted to help push more Patron status sales.

Pair this with the fact we haven't seen new content in literally years and I see no reason to buy this pass. Can someone give me a reason why I should? Am I missing something?

Why do people, who play games that are in maintenance mode, continue to cry about no more content. People buying the BP and fluff added to the store is the only reason the game is still up. Realize that when people no longer buy the bp or fluff from the store, the game shuts down. Me I pay to keep the game I am playing up over it shutting down.
    Last edited by BigBeaver; 06-24-2020 at 06:47 AM.
    Basna

+ Reply to Thread