+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass Season 4 - Feedback!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Battle Pass Season 4 - Feedback!

Hey everybody

Please leave your feedback regarding the new Battle Pass season in this thread.

- What things do you like or are you looking forward to for this season?
    - Which improvements would be fitting?
    - Which rewards are you looking forward to claim?
    - What would you like to see in future seasons? What would you like to not see in future seasons?

If you haven't checked out the new Battle Pass Season 4: Vein of Glory yet, you can do so here!

Thanks a lot and have fun!
    Last edited by Elariok; 06-19-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elariok View Post
    Please leave your feedback regarding the new Battle Pass season in this thread.
    The crown. WHY?

The Banker? Whyyyyyyyyy......?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Rift Disciple

Default unable to complete the purchase of BP-4

several players on european shards mention being unable to claim the mail that enables the premium rewards of BP -after buying the BP-4

Going to copy/pasta from the thread I made just so the feedback is focused here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    So I was told to make a thread with feedback about this subject. The first 2 battle passes included crowns/halos that fit thematically with the rest of the fluff items. They left the crown out of season 3 and put that + season 4 crown up on the store for credits only which makes no sense to most players when the first 2 passes had them. While you're not literally forcing players to buy cosmetics, you're not giving them an alternative way to obtain the crowns outside of paying credits or being gifted which is essentially the same thing at that point. Please revert the change and retroactively give the Season 3 crown to players who completed that pass and add the season 4 crown into this current pass.

This only sends a message that you want to push even more monetization than you already do and while we all understand that game needs to be funded, there's better ways to do and there's been plenty of suggestions over the years. Feel free to agree, disagree and or voice your own opinions. This seems to be the only way to get them to change it though.
    To add to that. I think there needs to be restrictions on how many levels you can buy per day/week as one of the main points and best parts about the battle pass is filling up the world with active players and doing activities. If people can buy their way to lvl 30 for about $70-$80 as a patron right out of the gate then there's really not much of a point to having a battle pass. Might as well just turn it into yet another pack. That is of course my own opinion in that regard.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

@Batsy

You probably owned Battle Pass 3?

We are already working on a fix and have disabled the BP4 purchase until that fix is live.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

And its fixed. You can take the BP4 out of the mail now.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Acalos View Post
    @Batsy

You probably owned Battle Pass 3?

We are already working on a fix and have disabled the BP4 purchase until that fix is live.
    I read that as 'we copy and pasted the fundamental code for this BP from the last one and didn't even consider the already purchased lockout' just like you copy and pasted the functional bits for the banker from the patron perk. If you're going to be taking the lazy route every time it's gonna bite you.
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 06-18-2020 at 08:15 PM.

@holyroller if anybody is crazy enough to want to spend that much on BP, then might as well let them.. But I doubt most players will pay more than the value of the BP itself for the extras..

1/5 levels as unique purchase in the last week would be more acceptable imho than (gaining) buying the shard first/ BP levels upfront

Other than that... the weeklies giving standard 10k.. that's a good thing
    The extra xp for BP owners/patron is nice as well.

In the same light.. RANDOM xprt/warfront as 2 standard quests is not the best way to go..

warfronts.. getting into one can be an issue already.. winning one can be an even bigger issue.
    random expert when not 70 can also be tricky.. not that many see the need/reason to do the lower tier xprts through lfg.

A solution could be to change it to
    * 1 quest - finish a random xprt or win a random warfront)
    * win A warfront (instead of random)
    * add planar fragment drops to the loottable of finishing a random xprt
    * make the auto-mentoring for Xprts during BP the Xprt level +2 levels
    * Participate in 3 warfronts till the end of the warfront (For this, joining a warfront in the last minute/100 points/ should not count
    * instead of Xprt, make it any dungeon that grants xp for the entire group
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-18-2020 at 09:07 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Thanks a lot for your feedback so far!

We updated the main post by adding some 'guidelines' that might help with navigating future feedbacks/reports.

Thanks!

None of them. I really do not like the way the BP is handled.

A proper PREview of the Battle Pass for everyone to see, with pictures and stuff, BEFORE the season starts.
    A proper notification that the BP will start at this date on this time, BEFORE that season starts.
    A proper testing of the BP features on the PTS, so that simple bugs are eliminated BEFORE the season starts.

None of them. I doubt I'll get much further than Level 2.

- What would you like to see in future seasons?
    I wouldn't like to see future seasons. I would like to see more care and attention given to THE REST OF THE GAME instead.

What would you like to not see in future seasons?
    No more Battle Pass related stuff in the shop. Keep the Battle Pass items to the Battle Pass itself. That means the Crown is a BP reward, not a cash shop item. That means the levels you gain are from the quests, not a cash shop item. That means anything related to the CURRENT BP season stays the F away from the shop. Previous rewards, sure, fine, let people who didn't get the wings or crown or mount or whatever get those items, but the current season stuff, hell effin no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

What things do you like or are you looking forward to for this season?

With the very late announcement, there was nothing to look forward to (considering this is about looking forward to BP4)

I posted some already in this thread.
    Other than that.. the amount of work is not a big issue, planar based neither.. but it should be available to all levels..
    warfronts below level 65 are rather non-existent.. so that as a returning daily quest is not the best idea
    Xprt dungeons below level 65 are rather non-existent.. so that as a returning daily quest is not the best idea
    Any dungeon below level 65 through lfg is rather non-existent.. so there's another thought.. at random dungeons basically require grouping.. and considering the above..

Some quests require basically level 70 (65, if sidekicked and not having to bring lures), level 65 for access to the Celestial lands map, level 50 to run any xprts at all...
    That pretty much locks out any new/fresh players upfront, for they would first need to level their char(s) to be able to do the quests at all, let alone get the opportunity to do them.

it could be an option to extend the quest base and give players quests based on the level tier of their max char.. and only give Vostigar based quests to players with a level 70 char on their account.

I'd like to see more regular dungeons as well, rather than level 50/60 min required instances
    maybe some crafting related quests.. something like.. do 5 crafting workorders, fish 20 fish in silverwood/freemarch..

- What would you like to see in future seasons? What would you like to not see in future seasons?

Some things have been mentioned with the other questions already..

For rewards.. maybe add some currency boxes to the rewards.. level based or perhaps with the option for a certain currency.. void stones, ethereal shards, tower fragments, planarite, or maybe different tier currencies for those that are still looking for wardrobes from those tiers

Some players might like a token boost better than a pvp boost or crafting sphere
    the loyalty boosts have gone from BP, now giving the loyalty through the bonus quest rewards.. 100-160k loyalty was perhaps over the top, but 5k or 10k would for starting players be a nice boost already.

A bop portal regenerator could be an option as well..

What I'd rather not like to see for this season already.. pretty much too late, but the option to buy your way through the entire BP.. Sure.. anyone spending some 70 to 80$ to get BP done instantly is welcome to spend that much.. but getting shard firsts/achievements that way should not be possible..

I'd in that case rather see the buy option added to store in the last 2 active weeks, so anyone late to the BP or not able to do all the levels because of work/holiday/w.e would have that option to catch up/finish the BP.. but not upfront.

For me personally..
    * I don't do dims.. so anything dim-related is not interesting for me
    * patron and loyalty.. so I dont need the banker
    * credits I can buy,
    * mounts/mount speed.. With some 48 mounts, I'm not really a mount collecter
    * (instant) skill boost.. I may have an alt that isnt skill 450 already somewhere..
    * affinity.. | have some 4 or 5k already.. not that much considering the time I've been saving up, but as reward.. not for me.. Though I do think there are players out there, that will appreciate it to get (another ) Opie mount
    *The NT craft mats.. that's more for dim items crafting I'd assume..
    * artifact trackers.. Opie, artifact collector and patron.. so uhm.. yeah..
    * dungeon charge.. as patron....
    * rune unsocketing.. I probably have some 40 in bank already.. and runecrafting maxed
    * wardrobe/eyes ... I already am annoyed at not being able to shut down the effect from the prismatic earring permanently.. but well, for the stats I compromise

What remains for me personally? The artifact set..

If I forget to mention any other rewards.. well.. that tells how important that is to me..

But of course, this is for me personally.. others may very well think differently on the rewards, quests and conditions of the BP
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-19-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Couldn't like it at all, completed BP to level 30 in a matter of one minute.

Get rid of those 100k and 20k Battlepass Experience items. Primarily, get rid of the 100k BP EXP token, and limit how many times the 20k can be bought.

Claimed them all, the cape 'wings', woefully to say, are, how to honestly say it..... underwhelming?

Only went for the artifacts.

- Remove 1000 BP EXP from dailies and normalize those BP EXP values.

- Consider making the XP value per level increase rather a flat amount.

- "Patron Personal Banker - Barakai the Keeper" is not listed ANYWHERE under patron or general UI windows.

- I don't do dimensions, and with all of the dimension items with these BP's, they're going direct to the Auction House.

- PVP in Rift is borderline dead except for certain hours of the day now. Favor and Prestige vials are a slap to the face. Making those as experience vials would be better.

- On all Tokens, Spheres, Vials - remove the Bind on Pickup / Soulbound, and allow them to be sold on the AH/traded/moved freely between users.

- Crafting Skill Boost is rather bleh when you've max'd out just about all crafting professions.
    --BC

General of Telara

BP4 is even less interesting now since you have forced us to do warfront dailies that cannot be rerolled away. Guess this BP I will skip entirely.

@bctrainers..

any boost vial from the bp could be made 80% as well, it doesnt necessarily have to be 160%. A trove of boosts could also be a last stage reward.. and since you can have any char claim the BP rewards, there is no need to make them BOP.. Bound to account would already be an improvement.

same goes for pvp vials and artifact trackers.. or basically any bop reward from the BP
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-19-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Sword of Telara

I was disappointed in many of the BP4 dimension item rewards. We already have a lot of red and blue crystals yet those are the only colors offered. Green, orange, purple or yellow would have been more welcome.

The Red Crystal Structure, Strong Red Crystal and Durable Red Crystal seem very similar to existing items such as Red Crystal Clump, Red Crystal Clump Alternate and Red Crystal Clump Variant.

I have only seen the Red Crystal Structure in a dimension so far. Its huge size will likely limit its use.

The Earth Sky Projector can be bought in the Rift store for a mere 5,000 planarite with Lycini Glorified notoriety so that seems like a booby prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast