• 4 Post By MarginalSteve
  • 1 Post By Elariok
  • 1 Post By Ambrodel
  • 1 Post By MarginalSteve
  • 1 Post By Grimmsie
  • 1 Post By Andracleric
  • 1 Post By kuradid
  • 1 Post By SJesMe

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Maintenance

Plane Touched

Default Forum Maintenance

Good job, guys. Not only did you overshoot the estimated maint window by an order of magnitude and change, but you've left most people unable to log in entirely. You've also broken formatting on many pages, plus sub-forum and thread status icons seem to have disappeared entirely. I've seen Geocities conspiracy sites with flashing star backgrounds that handle things better on the back-end.

Also, this maintenance was not communicated well at all. What's the actual job description of the CMs around here? "You must be able to repeat the phrase 'Another two hours' once per day until the customers become disinterested and confused after failing to provide them adequate information in the first place. Also, do not monitor ongoing concerns until someone complains. That's time you could spend playing solitaire, and we all love the solitaire."

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Hey,

we are sorry for the inconvenience that came along with the emergency-maintenance of the forum.

The forum is back online. However, some of you might experience hickups with the login-procedure, which, as a result, takes a little longer than usual. We are aware of that issue and we are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elariok View Post
    takes a little longer than usual
    A LITTLE longer? Dude.... Even Acalos, your own Assistant Product Manager from Gamigo, says that it takes him up to 5 MINUTES to log in. Not 5 seconds, 5 MINUTES
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elariok View Post
    Hey,

we are sorry for the inconvenience that came along with the emergency-maintenance of the forum.

The forum is back online. However, some of you might experience hickups with the login-procedure, which, as a result, takes a little longer than usual. We are aware of that issue and we are working on it.
    The inconvenience is ongoing. Several features that worked perfectly well prior to this maintenance are now entirely non-functional, and nothing beneficial has been introduced to the people using the forum regularly (your anemic interactions do not qualify you as a regular forum user). Your response to this is milquetoast at best and does nothing to quell my concerns that there is nobody qualified to turn this ship away from the rocky shores and keep the beaches shipwreck free.

Exclamation

Most importantly: What is being done to protect our private and sensitive data from leaking to unwanted hands??? I suppose nothing at all so better to remove any stored addresses, credit card details etc. before it's too late... :/

Rift Chaser

Default Elriok- it is really lack of communication...

As the OP pointed out- even if the maintenance takes longer than usual, less cloak and dagger would be appreciated. To those of us just trying to get information, it seems like things are going from bad to worse on the technical side, and little information gets shared about why. I thought the CM was the liaison for the player community. Please reach out more. Saying something like- "Google did an unexpected update which made our servers unstable," or "update made the servers have memory errors which we are remediating".... I mean even something like.. "sorry about the problems the update caused- we are troubleshooting to repair and should have things resolved in x days (hours, etc)" These things are not top secret proprietary corporate secrets.

Soulwalker

Default More troubles

Not to mention that I waited at least 4 minutes to get logged into the forums to even post this, but since maintenance/patch/whatever Glyph won't let me login at all, reporting that I'm "not running the latest version of the game." Glyph self-updater ran successfully. I tried Rift repair, which ran successfully but didn't resolve the problem. I tried running CCleaner followed by shut-down/restart, no change.

Not sure what to try next. Windows7 Pro. Everything worked yesterday. Frustrated!

Rift Disciple

Elariok, can you please respond.

You are CM for Rift and AE. Two games, two forums and yet your post history shows that in all that time, you spent 5 to 10 mins at best posting these few posts you did.

What is it you do in office for full 8 hour working day if your contribution to forums as CM is ~10 mins in WEEKS time?

Let's say you respond to some private messages. So it's 1 hour in WEEKS time doing your CM job. Another, let's say hour to post on twitter and facebook.

What else are you doing at office? It's 160 working hours a month, do you really work for few hours a month or you have extra stuff at office to do? Like, I don't know, janitor, cook, "dev", QA? I'm really, really, REALLY struggling to understand CMs working hours with your input I see on these two forums and some social media.

Or should I forward that question to Gamigos HR team?

Soulwalker

My problem got solved as I finally received an update. I must agree that communication is lacking. To me, maintenance is not necessarily the same as an update; and when no one indicates the servers are still offline hours after they were announced (in a different post) to be "back online" it can be very frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    Or should I forward that question to Gamigos HR team?
    If you do, remember to include the waste of space thread as well
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Okay, i was having trouble logging in to forums. So I just started the process and went to rift and played until I remembered I was logging on, and that worked.

+ Reply to Thread