Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Elariok, the CM that fails.

Default Elariok, the CM that fails.

Dear Elariok.

While the title may seem misleading and you may be able to claim that it's literally my own fault, I really would like to know how come you can fail so miserably at doing what you yourself stated you intended on doing. Does this seem harsh? Probably, but for a good reason. Let's have a look at things...

Almost two months ago, you joined the Rift team. You made a glorious introduction and stated
    Quote Originally Posted by Elariok View Post
    Being passionate not only about gaming and everything gaming-related, but also about the communities within the games - because, well, what would a game be, if it wasn't for the community? - makes me be very thankful for this opportunity; an opportunity where I am looking forward to help with player's wishes, needs and problems!
    Over the course of the next few days, you interacted a lot in your own Meet and Greet thread. I was not only the first to reply, but also one of the more "rude" people welcoming you, as I did not see a reason for you to even be here. Little did I know that soon after, the other CMs would be leaving, but my point from that thread actually still stands, I don't know what you're here for. You wrote
    Most importantly - in addition to the usual CM work that you are already used to - I will build a team of Community Ambassadors. I am really looking forward to work WITH the community and not only FOR the community!
    but so far you haven't really worked WITH the community, much less FOR the community. And the "usual CM work that you are already used to" kinda included a lot of posts on the forums. I mean, besides the various sales/event/"patchnotes" type of posts. In THIS month only, you have made ONE post on the 25th, ONE on the 15th, ONE on the 14th and then, oddly enough, ONE post on the 5th in the thread about the lack of communication from the CMs. On average, that's ONE post FROM YOU TO YOUR COMMUNITY every 5 days. But it gets worse. Only ONE of those 4 posts this month is actually meaningful. And where is that team of Community Ambassadors?
    As already mentioned, building a team of Community Ambassadors will be my top priority. Talks with applicants have already started; there will be more announcements regarding this coming very soon.
    Top priority, very soon. 2 months later, nothing.

So I kinda have to ask the question again... Why are you here? What is your purpose, other than being the next CM in line to rotate away from this game, which you already have by joining the Trove team? In that post about the lack of communication you wrote
    As some of you might have noticed already, I joined the Trove CM-Team (together with Amaliena and Mobi) and we understand that it might seem that we are MIA, but we are trying our best to communicate your concerns and feedbacks at all times.
    but upon checking the dev tracker on the Trove forums, there are THREE post from you there. Your introduction post, a copy/paste of the one we got, and then ONE on the 4th and ONE on the 7th, and those are just the german version of the patchnotes from that day.

So what the heck are you actually doing with all your time? It is very very difficult to engage WITH a community that you do not communicate WITH. Communicating TO a community is entirely different and that's all you've been doing recently. Remember your own words from the introduction: what would a game be, if it wasn't for the community? Now consider this: What is a Community Manager that doesn't manage the Community? Exactly what I wrote in my reply in the Meet and Greet thread: not needed.

So, dear Elariok, in the near future, and I mean within the month of June, not "near future within the next two years" like Gamigo, what can we expect from you? Any changes? Any kind of information that is not only useful to but also desired by the community, like answers to questions or informational posts about stuff like actual patchnotes and detailed PRE-views (not afterview) about new world bosses, new planar champion weapons, new anything? Or can we expect the same amount of nothing and Please Wait Some More that Gamigo has time and time again shown us is their way of doing things in regards to Rift?

Sincerely,

Ambrodel
    a player that genuinely CARES about this game.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 05-31-2020 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Added tiny bit of information I missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

I agree with you those sentiments, and I wanna add some stuff as well. The problem is not only CM's actually it starts with community Ambrodel.

When they asked real question ? that comes to mind. Lets talk about discord itself you know this game has so mand die-hards you can see there but why they are not asking the real questions instead of sharing cat photos etc.

Me and you and some of the folks are always opening those kinda threads and not even getting support. Just some angry die-hards replying us like guys they are working dont make the devs mad or CM kinda. Because they think raising a concern is bad for this game but that is ultimately wrong.

Facebook, Twitter page of Rift always sharing some kinda cute photos but the comments are golden %90 of people asking question about content and they dont even reply because they have nothing to answer. They are just focused of milking thats the main focus yet some people is blind to see it.

So in short Ambrodel I dont think they will even answer because they doesnt care about Rift, Trove is getting good revenue compared to this game afterall.

Answer will be always same till that community change his mind, ''things are gonna come'', ''team is working'', ''you guys just wait'' and I'll be honest with you I've played so many MMORPG games and never saw a dumb community like Rift.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Bein critical about things is cool and all but
    google

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...315-CM-Elariok
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Me and you and some of the folks are always opening those kinda threads and not even getting support. Just some angry die-hards replying us like guys they are working dont make the devs mad or CM kinda. Because they think raising a concern is bad for this game but that is ultimately wrong.
    What is there to support? What exactly do you want supported, and who should be supporting you? The same questions have been asked 800 different times for almost 2 years by a lot of different folks. It's dwindled down to just a few now - but have any of the questions been actually answered in any sort of detail? It's tiring and old after a while, especially when nothing happens no matter how many threads get started.

The "answers" WERE the same - now it's silence. What is left to ask that you think MIGHT have a chance at getting answered? This was sort of clear a while ago now. Do you really think starting a new thread every week or so about the same things (i.e., "Team Letter" thread or even this one) is going to change the answers - or silence - that you get?

Facebook, Twitter page of Rift always sharing some kinda cute photos but the comments are golden %90 of people asking question about content and they dont even reply because they have nothing to answer. They are just focused of milking thats the main focus yet some people is blind to see it.
    So if this is the case, what's to keep going after? They either can't say anything, because there's nothing at all to say, or they're unable to say anything because the bosses tell them not too. Not sure why I'd wanna work for a company like that, but everyone needs money I guess.

Answer will be always same till that community change his mind, ''things are gonna come'', ''team is working'', ''you guys just wait'' and I'll be honest with you I've played so many MMORPG games and never saw a dumb community like Rift.
    I don't know about you, but I don't even see the vague answers anymore - certainly not here, on the game forum where they should be posting.

I love(d) the game, it would be amazing to have it grow - but like it or not, this is probably it. If re-asking, re-posting, re-threading would make any type of a difference? That difference would have happened wayyyyy back when the fight was alive by many.

I'm not sure why you need to take pot shots at the "Rift Community" and call it dumb, considering you're still here posting the same stuff ad naseum. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result? (i.e., starting these types of threads over and over and expecting any REAL answer.). It sounds like all those many MMORPG games you've played would be a better place to be.

Rift Chaser

So what you're saying is you're an entitled rude child who wants things done for his own selfish reason's. I doubt you care for anything other than that from what you write. But that's ok because I don't expect much from someone who talks like an angry teenager.

You do of course know the game went bust in 2018 and was sold to a company who doesn't really develop these types of games? To a company who only puts money into games that meet certain markers? That such markers in a game as old as Rift, that people who game these types of games know full well is outdated, was sold off, has low population and will most likely not be marketed, spent on, or developed in the way mmorpg's require for growth right?

Rift is what it is and where it's at. The thing to do is accept it or move on. Complaining isn't positive and doesn't speak of 'love for the game". It speaks of me me me me i want i want i want and isn't at all helpful, useful, or desired.

Sadly the game industry no longer pursues these types of games the way it used to. Times have changed, the industry has with it. The real money these days is mobile apps. Many people who Rift accept that and play happily not expecting too much from it. If that 's not enough for you make a choice to find something you don't have to frustrate over. There's plenty out there. Being rude and demanding about things is not going to inspire anyone to pay attention to you. I'm sure the man has enough to do on a day to day basis and doesn't need nor care for this type of input.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysmyrlda View Post
    The real money these days is mobile apps.
    The most depressing thing I’ve read in a while.
    On the bright side, there are some mmo’s that don’t resemble YouTube : ‘let’s go whaling‘ mobile’esk business models.

I miss the days when the bottom line wasn’t the be all end all.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Another waste of space post.

Nobody at Gamigo gives two ****s about Rift or even less about this forum. I told it in 2018 and will still tell it in 2022.

I would be happy with "as is", if it wasnt lagging,crashing,bugged up pile of horsedung Gamigo made it into

At this stage I think Rift is a social experiment to see how long players will keeping logging in despite a lack of content. Someone's getting a thesis out of this.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    So, dear Elariok, in the near future, and I mean within the month of June, not "near future within the next two years" like Gamigo, what can we expect from you? Any changes? Any kind of information that is not only useful to but also desired by the community, like answers to questions or informational posts about stuff like actual patchnotes and detailed PRE-views (not afterview) about new world bosses, new planar champion weapons, new anything? Or can we expect the same amount of nothing and Please Wait Some More that Gamigo has time and time again shown us is their way of doing things in regards to Rift?
    Hey Ambrodel,

thanks for expressing your concerns - let me try to answer them.

In the near future, meaning this or latest next week, we will start with the CA project. There's been some complications that led to a few pushbacks. Those complications are now cleared and we are happy and looking forward to get the project started.

Regarding information about new stuff like "new world bosses, new planar champions, new anything": I can promise you that the Development-Department is working hard on new content, bugfixes, and so on. We, as CMs, are sharing all information - that is available to us - with the community.

We are happy about any kind of feedback from the community, and even if it does not seem like it, at times, every feedback is communicated to and with the Rift team. Please understand that, especially in times like these, unexpected problems - leading to delays - do occur.

As mentioned before, I love helping every single one of you. Feel free to PM me at any time!

Best Wishes,
    Elariok

So what do you actually DO that takes all your time away from actually engaging with the community of this game like you said you would?

We, as CMs, are sharing all information - that is available to us - with the community.
    And now we're back to the root of the problem - Gamigo doesn't WANT to share information with us players. Now I'm not talking about you CMs, I'm talking about the ones above you. They are the ones that YOU need to keep pushing until they give in. Your predecessors have failed miserably at actually getting us information. If you are sharing everything you have available, then the higher-ups are simply not giving you ENOUGH information. And then that leads me back to my original question - why are you here? There's not a lot of engaging with the community, there's no working for the community. The playerbase has been screaming for information since Gamigo took over and we still have NOTHING. Work FOR us and GET the information. And then share it.

Please understand that, especially in times like these, unexpected problems - leading to delays - do occur.
    Please understand that we, the players of this game, have heard THAT excuse in one form or another for almost 2 years now. It is no longer a valid excuse to not share information about the PLANS for the future. We are not asking for a 2-hour long video showing in detail everything you are working on, but we ARE asking for information of what you have PLANNED. Not a single CM or Dev or APM have been able to answer WHY Gamigo doesn't want to share that information, leading to speculation that it is because you HAVE no plans and are literally just dragging us along, hoping to get as much money from us as possible before we get tired of the BS and leave. The only way to put that speculation to rest, is to actually, and without being extremely vague about it, TELL US WHAT IS PLANNED FOR THIS GAME!
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 06-02-2020 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Plane Touched

I can promise you that the Development-Department is working hard on new content, bugfixes, and so on. We, as CMs, are sharing all information - that is available to us - with the community.
    In regards to the statement about development all I can say is AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha. We've heard that a few too many times already and have nothing to show for it.

The second half of that paragraph is incredibly telling, as the only known dev has said he's not allowed to discuss development plans and you've now stated in plain words that you're only allowed to share 'available' information. That either means there isn't anything to say, which is grim for the people Gamigo staff have been stringing along for the last couple years, or Gamigo CMs aren't there for anything other than pushing new store packs on us.

I'm going to side with Ambrodel on this one. Zero faith in Gamigo and their community support staff, and you've earned all none of it exceptionally well.
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 06-02-2020 at 02:25 AM.

Hey Ambrodel,

In the near future, meaning this or latest next week, we will start with the CA project. There's been some complications that led to a few pushbacks. Those complications are now cleared and we are happy and looking forward to get the project started.

Regarding information about new stuff like "new world bosses, new planar champions, new anything": I can promise you that the Development-Department is working hard on new content, bugfixes, and so on. We, as CMs, are sharing all information - that is available to us - with the community.

We are happy about any kind of feedback from the community, and even if it does not seem like it, at times, every feedback is communicated to and with the Rift team. Please understand that, especially in times like these, unexpected problems - leading to delays - do occur.

As mentioned before, I love helping every single one of you. Feel free to PM me at any time!

Best Wishes,
    Elariok

What is the CA project?
    Also the part about the new stuff coming doesn't say anything. The last 2 years we are hearing this. We are working on new stuff, please wait some more.
    Why don't you make a post explaining the roadmap the coming months?
    Last edited by simpa1988; 06-02-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Ambrodel, you're beating a dead horse, and that horse has long since expired. Why are you even bothering? Play the game (or not) as you please, and enjoy it for what it is, and shall always remain (unless it gets bought by some other company). Gamigo have made things abundantly clear that they're not interested in our feedback, and that they're quite content with keeping Rift in Maintenance mode, earning whatever small income it gives them, while expending as little money as possible.

Please stop complaining. I know you're frustrated, I know you want things to be different, but... they are not, and continuing on just adds pressure that maybe helps Gamigo decide that keeping Rift alive isn't worth it anymore.

Now, to respond to a couple other things people have said in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuradid
    Another waste of space post.

Nobody at Gamigo gives two ****s about Rift or even less about this forum. I told it in 2018 and will still tell it in 2022.

I would be happy with "as is", if it wasnt lagging,crashing,bugged up pile of horsedung Gamigo made it into
    Well, yes. All true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysmyrlda
    Sadly the game industry no longer pursues these types of games the way it used to. Times have changed, the industry has with it.
    I disagree. But it takes time (years) for high quality games to come out. There is stuff being developed. There is good stuff coming out, but it won't be this year. There's things to look forward to, though they won't be Rift. They might be much better though. Blue Protocol looks verrrrry interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    What is the CA project?
    Also the part about the new stuff coming doesn't say anything. The last 2 years we are hearing this. We are working on new stuff, please wait some more.
    Why don't you make a post explaining the roadmap the coming months?
    Simpa! Bad! Stop feeding the..... you know.

Look people, Gamigo doesn't care.

Rift won't get better.

Enjoy Rift as it exists, while it lasts.
    Last edited by Videssian; 06-02-2020 at 01:03 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    In regards to the statement about development all I can say is AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha. We've heard that a few too many times already and have nothing to show for it.

The second half of that paragraph is incredibly telling, as the only known dev has said he's not allowed to discuss development plans and you've now stated in plain words that you're only allowed to share 'available' information. That either means there isn't anything to say, which is grim for the people Gamigo staff have been stringing along for the last couple years, or Gamigo CMs aren't there for anything other than pushing new store packs on us.

I'm going to side with Ambrodel on this one. Zero faith in Gamigo and their community support staff, and you've earned all none of it exceptionally well.
    It should be obvious by now but I'll spell it out for you. Being that this has been YEARS and there's been no real new content but they keep claiming there is some in development, you can make the following assumption: they have been hard at work on a completely new game, RIFT 2.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    It should be obvious by now but I'll spell it out for you. Being that this has been YEARS and there's been no real new content but they keep claiming there is some in development, you can make the following assumption: they have been hard at work on a completely new game, RIFT 2.
    lol. That logic only works if you assume that everything that they say is the truth. But I think you know that and were being sarcastic

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast