Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Elariok, the CM that fails.

Shield of Telara

1) Rift's future: what you see is what you get. Don't expect more. Cross your fingers that it won't get "less" through creative cost saving measures like firing the last lone person who knows how to plug the servers back in.

2) CMs are just glorified sales reps for Gamigo. Most of the stuff I see posted is "SALE $$$" with some insanely overpriced item that nobody wants.

Take it for what it is. Play it for whatever aspect you still enjoy (for me it's the friends I've made over the years), and don't expect anything else. Enjoy it while the lights are still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elariok View Post
    In the near future, meaning this or latest next week, we will start with the CA project. There's been some complications that led to a few pushbacks. Those complications are now cleared and we are happy and looking forward to get the project started.
    Can you or someone else who isn't familiar with this explain it to rest of us? What is the "CA Project"?
    Last edited by Starfox; 06-03-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    Can you or someone else who isn't familiar with this explain it to rest of us? What is the "CA Project"?

CA stands for Chinese Algebra. It's a new project that no one really understands and certainly can't explain. The devs are hard at work on it, but it's rough going and may take longer than expected to come to completion- if it ever does.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    CA stands for Chinese Algebra. It's a new project that no one really understands and certainly can't explain. The devs are hard at work on it, but it's rough going and may take longer than expected to come to completion- if it ever does.
    In fairness, that's a bad analogy. There's more native speakers of Chinese (Mandarin+Cantonese) than there are native English speakers. ~3x as many, actually. And math is the same everywhere, so calling something "Chinese Algebra" would mean that it's highly understandable, not what we're really aiming for. Of course, I'm being pedantic, and since I am, perhaps we should call it "CA" because it's the "Cypro-minoan Alphabet". THAT would be a good analogy

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    In fairness, that's a bad analogy. There's more native speakers of Chinese (Mandarin+Cantonese) than there are native English speakers. ~3x as many, actually. And math is the same everywhere, so calling something "Chinese Algebra" would mean that it's highly understandable, not what we're really aiming for. Of course, I'm being pedantic, and since I am, perhaps we should call it "CA" because it's the "Cypro-minoan Alphabet". THAT would be a good analogy
    That is false if you consider the number of non-native speakers. Also most people don't understand mathematics that well. Try Complex Analysis.

Hey Elariok,

Just a Reminder 3 Week passed buddy,

Cheers.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Soulwalker

He's just doing his job. Play the messenger and relay the information to the public that he is informed to relay. That information is the bait to keep the small population subscribing to patron and buying mounts/wardrobe. There isn't enough Rift revenue or concern from a holding company to give us more than a refaced new world boss or 1 dungeon, maybe.

By the way, when we build a new zone boss - Lets build one that is unbeatable unless you have 50+ rando's with no actual game plan, just zerg, for a couple doubloons. Sounds great.

The CMs are just doing their jobs and can only do and say what they are informed and/or allowed. They rarely have any actual power and the stress of dealing with gamers in this day and age is probably very stressful and could possibly be why we see so many come and go. I personally bet they would would love to be more helpful but they have constraints (probably legally even) and yeah, it sucks.

Heck, I'd even appreciate an update in the form of the company admitting the game is maintenance only for the foreseeable future.

I kinda miss the days when the CMs would livestream and play and talk to us. But honestly, I don't think this company is going to do anything drastic or different than they have for the years they have had control and maybe we need to just accept that.

I don't see why they can't have events or even try and advertise the game for Dimensions - a lot of people would be into that aspect I think since not a lot of MMO's have the customization they give us.

Regardless, calling out a specific CM isn't cool. It's a person who isn't out to ruin the game, they just can't really DO anything.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by pwnguin View Post
    Heck, I'd even appreciate an update in the form of the company admitting the game is maintenance only for the foreseeable future.
    This type of honesty would be too much of a risk that even more people would leave.

I kinda miss the days when the CMs would livestream and play and talk to us. But honestly, I don't think this company is going to do anything drastic or different than they have for the years they have had control and maybe we need to just accept that.
    I didn't get a chance to see those. I can't remember if I heard about them or read about them, but I was always either at work, or on my way home from work. Or out. Just never made it to one. A few folks I know that attended them liked them.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2