+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Battle Pass.

  1. #16
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Caduto, you are hard core fan, you play every day, you can't compare yourself to other players about finishing Battlepass.

    Me, my guildes and their gazillion alt account made a decision when new BP came out. That decision means Gamigo does not get 13 patrons and close to 30 battlepasses not bought.

    People have lives besides Rift, not like some here think. We play many different games, because grinding Rift alone every single day is booring as f***. If we had any reasonable content, or hell, if game was even stable to play daily! I can't even count the times we just said "f*** this, we can't complete it and everyone logs out" because mobs are not spawning, massive lag, random crashes etc. Rift is not even "as is" it's broken and will deteriorate at faster rate, because nobody is really fixing anything and untested halfassed stuff is beeing added. One day, it just wount come up, because nobody knows whats been broken with latest "patch".

  2. #17
    Plane Walker Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    No, no, and no. All wrong.
    No, it's not. You are not only comparing apples to oranges, you're also comparing things waaaaay out of context to make your point.

    IN THIS CASE, when it comes to BATTLE PASS and NOTHING ELSE: If you are not a Patron, you are considered a F2P player.

    IN THIS CASE, when it comes to BATTLE PASS and NOTHING ELSE: All your previous purchases are completely irrelevant.


    I am not at all saying I got all my stuff for free. I do not mind saying I paid for the Nightmare Edition of the Nightmare Tide expansion. The most expensive pack at the time, if not ever, in the history of this game. That's not free at all, that's true. But RIGHT NOW, I do not gain ANY BENEFIT WHATSOEVER from all of that, because the BATTLE PASS system treats me like any other person that created their account yesterday and started playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

  3. #18
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    IN THIS CASE, when it comes to BATTLE PASS and NOTHING ELSE: If you are not a Patron, you are considered a F2P player.
    [By whom?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    IN THIS CASE, when it comes to BATTLE PASS and NOTHING ELSE: All your previous purchases are completely irrelevant.
    [Citation needed]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I am not at all saying I got all my stuff for free. I do not mind saying I paid for the Nightmare Edition of the Nightmare Tide expansion. The most expensive pack at the time, if not ever, in the history of this game. That's not free at all, that's true. But RIGHT NOW, I do not gain ANY BENEFIT WHATSOEVER from all of that, because the BATTLE PASS system treats me like any other person that created their account yesterday and started playing.
    That's correct. If you don't buy BP or Patron, it treats you as if you didn't buy BP or Patron. But that is not called a "free player." People who didn't pay for this specific thing shouldn't thus be labeled "F2P." If someone buys BP and Patron but not Recolored Mount #3121, are they F2P? No. If neglecting even a single purchase out of everything available makes someone a free player, every single person who has ever played this game is a free player, which would make the phrase totally meaningless. But it has meaning, and that meaning is someone who is playing the game for free.

    Don't call people who don't get bonus BP exp/quests "F2P." Call them people who didn't pay for BP or Patron. Calling them free players makes a mockery of the money they may have spent.
    Last edited by TigerhawkT3; 05-21-2020 at 06:55 AM.

  4. #19
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    MMO genre is NOT DEAD. Rift chose not to EVOLVE. Many players realize TIME is more precious than money..
    Agreed. MMOs provide a majority of Gamigo's revenue, and they had a great year in 2019 according to their annual report.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Logging in and waiting for stuff to pop or players to form is time that feels wasted.
    Rift could copy their game, Archeage to good benefit. Archeage has an in-game calendar for daily events, so you can log in and know the event will occur at that time. Other successful games do that. particularly GuildWars 2 that has a World Boss up every 15 minutes 24/7 at predetermined spots.

  5. #20
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Even if I buy the Battle Pass, I am still a Free To Play player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    N THIS CASE, when it comes to BATTLE PASS and NOTHING ELSE: If you are not a Patron, you are considered a F2P player.
    I think your definition of F2P is a bit limited. If your buy this season of BP (whether you have Patron or not) you are not a F2Per (with respect to BP).

  6. #21
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I think that if you intend to finish the battlepass as f2p, then you better find someone who sells the battlepass to you for plat because it gives a lot of credits and a mount. You have a good chance of finding battlepass sellers if you offer more than the REX price. So I think it is also useful to consider battlepass buyers who do not have patron.

    If you do the math, then you'll find that patron gives a huge bonus. You get more quests which allows you to get about 1/3th more xp from that and on top of that you get 1/4th more bonus xp for each quest. A battlepass buyer with patron completes the battlepass about twice as fast as a f2p player (3/2*4/3=2). A battlepass buyer without patron only gets 1/4th more bonus xp. So if you compare them, then you'll find that the buyer with patron is about 60% faster. (2/1.25=1.6). This is really a huge difference and it doesn't make any sense, because Gamigo did get money for the battlepass. It is greedy to demand people to have patron too to complete it reasonably. So I suggest to give a bigger bonus to people who do not have patron. I think it would be even better to take away all bonus xp from patron and battlepass and give everyone a 50% bonus for free. That way you aren't forced to buy the battlepass before you know that you can complete it for sure. Gamigo tries to be clever and get money from people who won't complete it, but actually that is really dumb because it makes Gamigo look greedy.

  7. #22
    Shadowlander Carox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    For the record, I am patron as well. Just saying... lol
    <3 Your friendly RIFT community member,
    Carox

  8. #23
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    That's right. You can. Everyone can. You and many others, however, have chosen to pay for things. You are not a free player.



    No, no, and no. All wrong. Businesses love it when they get customers to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars and still believe they're getting stuff for free, but that doesn't mean it's a correct belief. When you've unlocked the black tier of "loyalty" (how I hate that term), that means you've paid a rather large sum of money. That ain't "free." I don't pay a monthly fee to go to McDonald's, but that doesn't mean there's anything "free" about it.

    A few years back, I saw an ad on a bus announcing a shuttle for my local junior college. "One small fee, and then it's free!" This is a verbatim quote. Pay for something to get it for free. And this was targeted at college students. This is the kind of abhorrent brainwashing that we deal with, day in and day out. Don't let corporations give you impostor syndrome and make you think of yourself as a freeloader just because you've spent thousands of dollars on something other than the "I'm Not A Freeloader" certificate.
    You can technically be black-tier while not having paid a cent. For quite a while after the game went F2P it was still possible to earn 15-20 REX per day just playing the market for 10 minutes. I was giving them away like candy in giveaways and for lols because they were so easy to earn.

  9. #24
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    You can technically be black-tier while not having paid a cent. For quite a while after the game went F2P it was still possible to earn 15-20 REX per day just playing the market for 10 minutes. I was giving them away like candy in giveaways and for lols because they were so easy to earn.
    Technically, perhaps, but I don't think there's much practical difference between directly paying money oneself and working for someone who pays it on your behalf, especially when the money ends up in the same place.

  10. #25
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    You can technically be black-tier while not having paid a cent. For quite a while after the game went F2P it was still possible to earn 15-20 REX per day just playing the market for 10 minutes. I was giving them away like candy in giveaways and for lols because they were so easy to earn.
    I got Silver tier maxed in 2 years and that's because 2mil packs were not on sale, could of done it in a year or less. I also been patron the whole time on 2 accounts. I also have all crafting masteries and possible packs/extras etc game has to offer.

    I don't have a payment option with Gamigo, I also did not have one with Trion. Rift is dirt cheap F2P if you know ways of making plat.

    PS! Had BP 1 and 2 on 7 accounts, since they are dirt cheap, you can make enough plat in a day to buy BP.
    Last edited by kuradid; 05-24-2020 at 07:48 AM.

  11. #26
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Definitely not going to finish BP but.....

    if they would have left the same experience requirements as the first two BP and only limited the run time I could have gotten full progression with my casual game play. I would have actually finished it early since I would have probably had more incentive to partake in BP events.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts