+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Where is the Team Letter or Producer Letter of 2020,

Soulwalker

Can we have that damn letter?
    How ppl will stay motivated for this game without even knowing if anything comes!!!!
    Yes i love this game!
    Yes i have supported as much as i can!
    But everyone have their limits at patience.... So.... F....F.....S.... give us that letter!

+1
    Give us a letter. We know that you are working on some stuff. You added a bunch of ''top secret'' achievements in game recently. Communicate with the playerbase about them. GIve us some hints of whats coming. Why so much silence? People will engage more to the game if they know that you guys working on something.
    Any answer from the CM ?
    Last edited by simpa1988; 06-02-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Shadowlander

Letter 2020 on shop for 2600 credits, or buy the power pack that comes with a bundle of broken dreams for only $40

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    +1
    Give us a letter.
    No.

We know that you are working on some stuff. You added a bunch of ''top secret'' achievements in game recently. Communicate with the playerbase about them. GIve us some hints of whats coming.
    Nothing's coming, aside from a few cosmetics, maybe a recolored mount, you know the drill.

Why so much silence?
    Because they don't plan on doing anything, of course.

People will engage more to the game if they know that you guys working on something.
    Maybe so, but they're not working on anything.

Any answer from the CM ?
    Of course not. Or if they do, they'll be empty words, it's been that way for years, now.

Ascendant

This!

Anyone who thinks Gamigo are working on anything other than trivial 'content' for this game that's anything other than a reason for more macrotransactions for the whales is deluding themselves.

Just look at all the other Gamigo 'franchises'.

Seriously.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

It really sucks to see the game go down like this. I spent literal years (starting in Alpha) on my fansite for the game. I loved every minute of building it up and adding content. When Trion started ignoring the player base (and essentially cut off contact with fansites), that's when I let mine start slipping. At the time I had over 100 guides and over 1k articles written. Gamigo took over and completely let the game go, so as a result I stopped updating my site and eventually just took it offline altogether. I honestly wish they would revive this. It was the best game ever and had/still has so much potential. And supporting the fansites would result in us coming back to help build the community.

I too am interested in the future of this game and would be nice to hear what some of the thoughts are

Rift really captivated something really special in the early years. Like seriously... In all my time in the game, I've never seen people excited about a game as I have in Rift.. not even in , UO, DDO, EQ, EQ2, WOW, GW, GW2, ESO, SW:TOR or FFXIV... The early years was a sign of a game that did things right. Sure, time has moved on, but what the teams did (before the dilution of being forced onto many games) was nothing short of spectacular. Lots of new content coming at us all the time... continual releases of new open world, pvp, dungeon, raid content. CMs and Devs were always cascading their plans in an fairly authentic manner... It was super exciting, and truly holds a special place in many peoples hearts. Kudos for their achievement in what they did

I have literally just reinstalled it after stopping at 4.1 (all 17.1GB of it), just for nostalgic reasons. I feel like it's a new yet familiar game, but, empty... Seriously feels like I've logged into OverLord. The guilds many of my other characters are in are still there. They haven't dissolved, which is really encouraging... I even saw people in the roster screens for some of them, and they even said hi and that they're about to do a raid. That was cool!

Anyway, I think making all the changes we would all ever wish for would be a mammoth effort. Especially for a company that's taken it over and not armed with developers to carry the torches of their predecessors. The code base would be enormous and I can imagine it would be rather complex to go through it and polish it... there'd be variances in how models are rigged and textured, code API differences within the game, between expansions, code repository structures, build processes, code branches and standards, tools used, versions of tools used... etc. Years and multiple people on various teams would do that

I think it would be a real shame to just let this game continue as it has the last 3-4 years, but I also think there's opportunity for Gamigo to attempt something... Here's a couple of ideas:
    1) (crazy idea) Look for a studio, or a conglomerage of studios to sell only Rift to, so that they solely focus on Rift, or
    2) (wishful idea) Spend a little bit of time in relaxing some of the grind, remove some of the focus of Rift Shop

I can't see the Rift Store funding the future of the game really. (1) There has been far too much focus on the Rift Store for too long and the way it's been presented to players has really fractured the games customer base, and (2) to being some light to the game, it needs a plan, investment in growing some teams and some time to achieve the plan in iterative cycles so the customers get excited again

I think who ever is looking after this product in their portfolio needs to give serious contemplation to take into consideration that it's really about letting people have fun... again... like they used to. Heck, I got every crafting profession @ 525 and all recipes, and no one to make gear for anymore

I hope Gamigo divorces itself from Rifts sins of the past and looks to the future. Hope we see a (good and positive) Rise of the Phoenix (of sorts) in Gamigo and that, that spark finds its way into the Rift teams and the game
    Last edited by Arimir; 06-15-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Healnut | Smexilicious | Smexinuts | Roastednuts | Deepnuts

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Arimir View Post
    hope
    Abandon that.

Gamigo is a maintenance mode company that doesn't "develop" or "invest" in games beyond making sure they run most of the time and offer items to buy that didn't take much time or effort to reskin. That said, I'm confident that the game will exist in this state for a long time to come. That's why Gamigo bought it, after all.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Abandon that.
    That said, I'm confident that the game will exist in this state for a long time to come.
    Not the way folks are dropping away. There won't be anyone left to maintain it for.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrianna View Post
    Not the way folks are dropping away. There won't be anyone left to maintain it for.
    The old-timers who log on for dailies and zone chat PvP will still be there, and there's a constant trickle of new players. Some of them pay money for stuff, which is the reason the game is still around. Since BP4 went live I've consistently seen people in chat asking for guidance, groups, etc., and I have to assume all those people paid for it because that's the only way to get a better than even chance at actually completing it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    The old-timers who log on for dailies and zone chat PvP will still be there, and there's a constant trickle of new players. Some of them pay money for stuff, which is the reason the game is still around. Since BP4 went live I've consistently seen people in chat asking for guidance, groups, etc., and I have to assume all those people paid for it because that's the only way to get a better than even chance at actually completing it.
    Possibly.

But there's another side too. A bunch of us from a couple of guilds that hung out a lot, got in each others raids, did dailies, log in for minions, did BP etc...have just migrated off more or less as a unit. It wasn't planned that way, lol! Just kind of happened over a couple of weeks time. I was surprised, yet not surprised. And yes, we are a lot of the die hards back from beta testing days.

i think enough time has been given to produce SOMEthing, other than grindy stuff. And I seriously wonder how much of the last few things - EoA (was that done before or after Gamigo? I thought after, not sure though), the grindy earring, the grind 'til you drop weapon, and those weirdo bosses that need a freakin' continent's worth of people to kill it? (AND it's timed? WTELF?) - were already in the works with Trion. Something makes me feel like everything Gamigo has put out was started by Trion.

At this point I think what Gamigo really wanted was the other games, like Trove and Archage. Rift was a tag-a-long. It's a good money maker for now, though.

I'm married to a programmer, I know crap takes time, unexpected events happen, testing in a closed environment verses user, etc. But Gamigo has done little-to-nothing to give the player base any faith. I'd be happy to be proven wrong of course...but they did this themselves. The cessation of communication gives the impression they're no longer caring - if they ever did in the first place.

There's plenty to do in the game, and I completely respect that. I had high hopes that this would be another Diablo, or WoW, or Everquest in terms of that LONGEVITY and progression. But those folks that have done the content here, maybe a few times with a few toons, are just bored.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrianna View Post
    Possibly.

But there's another side too. A bunch of us from a couple of guilds that hung out a lot, got in each others raids, did dailies, log in for minions, did BP etc...have just migrated off more or less as a unit. It wasn't planned that way, lol! Just kind of happened over a couple of weeks time. I was surprised, yet not surprised. And yes, we are a lot of the die hards back from beta testing days.

i think enough time has been given to produce SOMEthing, other than grindy stuff. And I seriously wonder how much of the last few things - EoA (was that done before or after Gamigo? I thought after, not sure though), the grindy earring, the grind 'til you drop weapon, and those weirdo bosses that need a freakin' continent's worth of people to kill it? (AND it's timed? WTELF?) - were already in the works with Trion. Something makes me feel like everything Gamigo has put out was started by Trion.

At this point I think what Gamigo really wanted was the other games, like Trove and Archage. Rift was a tag-a-long. It's a good money maker for now, though.

I'm married to a programmer, I know crap takes time, unexpected events happen, testing in a closed environment verses user, etc. But Gamigo has done little-to-nothing to give the player base any faith. I'd be happy to be proven wrong of course...but they did this themselves. The cessation of communication gives the impression they're no longer caring - if they ever did in the first place.

There's plenty to do in the game, and I completely respect that. I had high hopes that this would be another Diablo, or WoW, or Everquest in terms of that LONGEVITY and progression. But those folks that have done the content here, maybe a few times with a few toons, are just bored.
    I'm sorry to break this news to you, but the game's not under active development anymore. Gamigo is a maintenance mode publisher. The things we've gotten are what they produce. You're seeing it. New stat stick item with straightforward upgrade path, reskinned critter with big numbers, quests to do activities that were already in the game... That's how Rift will be. I mean, Trion was basically getting nothing done, and then Gamigo laid them off. That's not how you get things in gear and start pumping out new content.

But whoever likes the game as it is right now will continue to enjoy it for years to come. Just look at how many people are buying BP. Sure, there are also a lot of people who aren't buying it, but the important part is that Gamigo makes enough easy money to justify keeping the game running.

Soulwalker

So...no letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    This is sadly true, they're simply a company that mainly takes over failing games and milks them for all they're worth until the husk is cast aside .. yes, they have SOME 'franchises' that they care about, Rift never has been in that group, it'll stay around as long as enough whales support it then it'll die.

It's entirely Trion's fault, this video explains why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZfoL10PXg .. if you're suspicious of that link copy it into Google's search and you'll see it's legit.
    someone can link any chat beetwin someone old forum guy and Gamigo devs.peoples,is it they did try out already many times loocking to onether game studio or company,with which they can work together for a lot new stuff,expansion,months, models..and many more.I want to see proof ,is it they try out already to make deal with another game studio or search more game artists,art,programs..etc..?!

I quess they did try out,but im want to see proofs.
    I cant understand them..We want new expasion,and a lot new so great models of everthing,zones,npc,quests,mounths,skinns so on..so on...
    If they didnt do it to now from 2 years past time,these peoples are not good for me and they not be developers in this great game.
    They must understand what we want,not what they want.
    I know very well ,this is try out already,from so many peoples which still play the game from 3 years ago time.

Because i still care about the game,i did try out already contact with one so great game US company ,i send to them already interpolation.
    I not want anymore player base to feel disappointed from because not servers are with a high population. I not anymore to see ..how everyday many players waiting sometime long time in Warfrots in queue or old dungeons content,or try to find groups for low lvl zones events,or to farm together everything.
    This is not good,is NOT..such game developers ,must often( every year,months) try out to loocking for to work together with onether so great game studio or company or to invite more game designers,art artists,programists,even musicians which already worked in others games.

"Why?!"..
    Last edited by Dairdis; 07-06-2020 at 02:47 AM.

I hoped to see some kinda communication from CM's but seems like they dont even care and I dont care either now. They hired 2 robot basically they dont even know what is communication or listening the playerbase but I must be a stupid to expect some kinda answer from them tho. Anyway in short I dont think they will ever release a roadmap or kinda Team Letter guys.

I find some interview video with MGI company CEO, CFO is talking about some kinda stuff and answering some questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhAgjzgpV04

on the last question CFO says something like this, '' We are using a business model with ''very strong cash generation''

So thats basically explaining some sorta stuff kinda. Just find the video today, I prefer you guys watch it so you can understand what kinda company runs the game atm.
    Last edited by Omerr; 07-06-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast