+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By caduto

Thread: Secret supply crate nerf

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default Secret supply crate nerf

    I been waiting for this announcement for a while, but it never happened.

    All supply crates you loot from event minion missions have their "rare" loot remove - no mounts or opie stash or anything, just some useless currency and random fragments.

    Along with massive new supply crate sales in shop (during event), it's understandable business, but still, very cheap move.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    this isnt true at all.. could you at least give some evidence?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    this isnt true at all.. could you at least give some evidence?
    How about you provide evidence of looting previous "rare" stuff from them?

    I have a guild (9 actives atm,, thats 9x6 minions daily + my own alt accounts with 9 more minions) who havent looted a single item. Also everyone on chat channels confirmed they havent looted anything since last event, or was it even earlier. You don't even get the popup with minion mission crates anymore.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    there is no world event up at the moment
    are you talking about the previous carnival event?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I got an ornate painted tuskar mount from minions. So that confirms that the mounts are still in the loot-table. The probability of getting a mount is really low though. So nobody should ever buy lootboxes. Also minions have a low chance of giving a lootbox. That wasn't always the case. A long time ago they were bugged and gave lots of lootboxes. I think that the probability of getting the mount is still the same though. The newer lootboxes give better loot besides the mount, but it is still clearly not worth it to buy them.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    there is no world event up at the moment
    are you talking about the previous carnival event?
    During carnival event, we used to loot mounts and other goodies from popup window, carnival minion missions. Now popups are removed and you only get currency + fragments. Any other loot has been removed.

  7. #7
    Rift Master Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    During carnival event, we used to loot mounts and other goodies from popup window, carnival minion missions. Now popups are removed and you only get currency + fragments. Any other loot has been removed.
    I MIGHT have an explanation for this and if this is the case, it's a matter of misunderstanding rather than stealth nerfs.

    During an Event, there can be Event Specific missions that rewards Event Specific rewards. These missions are, if Gamigo remembers to activate them, only available during the Event. The loot you can get from these missions are Event Specific currency and Event Themed dimension items, wardrobes, consumables and..... minions.

    These minions are in many cases able to start a specific Chain of missions. Those missions can be Event Themed but are not Event Specific. This is where I think the problem may be. You might have started a Chain mission from a minion. That chain doesn't guarantee any special rewards until the very last mission, if at all. You can easily tell if a mission is a Themed or a Chain, because there will be different icons on the Themed missions and there will be a chainlink icon on the Chain missions. For comparison, here is a Carnival mission and a Chain mission:



    Event Specific missions will always have specific dates listed, like above, while Chain missions can be run at any time until the Chain is complete. Chains can be Themed without being Event Specific and timelimited. This COULD be the reason why you do not get Event Specific items when doing these missions now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Arthritis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    ...Event Specific missions...
    To add...it is possible to receive an Event Specific mission outside of the event. I received an Autumn Harvest minion mission the week before Carnival started and a Carnival mission two weeks ago - two AFTER Carnival had ended. And on occasion I will get a chain mission - which I don't understand since I know that I have all the chains completed.

    But that is another story that no ones is interested in hearing.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I MIGHT have an explanation for this and if this is the case, it's a matter of misunderstanding rather than stealth nerfs.

    During an Event, there can be Event Specific missions that rewards Event Specific rewards. These missions are, if Gamigo remembers to activate them, only available during the Event. The loot you can get from these missions are Event Specific currency and Event Themed dimension items, wardrobes, consumables and..... minions.

    These minions are in many cases able to start a specific Chain of missions. Those missions can be Event Themed but are not Event Specific. This is where I think the problem may be. You might have started a Chain mission from a minion. That chain doesn't guarantee any special rewards until the very last mission, if at all. You can easily tell if a mission is a Themed or a Chain, because there will be different icons on the Themed missions and there will be a chainlink icon on the Chain missions. For comparison, here is a Carnival mission and a Chain mission:



    Event Specific missions will always have specific dates listed, like above, while Chain missions can be run at any time until the Chain is complete. Chains can be Themed without being Event Specific and timelimited. This COULD be the reason why you do not get Event Specific items when doing these missions now.
    I think you did not get my point.

    Crates you loot from these missions use to have popup, like weekly reward crate you loot. From that crate you could loot lots of different stuff, now these crates are empty - besides currency and fragment, even popup disappeared.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    To add...it is possible to receive an Event Specific mission outside of the event. I received an Autumn Harvest minion mission the week before Carnival started and a Carnival mission two weeks ago - two AFTER Carnival had ended. And on occasion I will get a chain mission - which I don't understand since I know that I have all the chains completed.

    But that is another story that no ones is interested in hearing.
    I still have Fae Yule missions active on my mission list, I sometimes run them and loot Fae Yule currency

  11. #11
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    951

    Default

    I believe what kuradid is referring to is the window that used to pop up when you opened a loot box. This window had 6 "pizes" and if you didn't get the mount (or whatever the to prize was for that box) you would at least get some prize tickets. I noticed that these haven't popped up for the last few loot boxes I got (also from minion missions during Carnival). All that I got from those loot boxes were fragments and some currency (didn't even bother to see what kind). These boxes may still give out mounts and other items but I haven't opened enough lately to find out.

    P.S. I tried to find a pic of the UI but couldn't. The best I could find was this Stream capture where they were introduced (at ~21:35). The new UI was introduced with 4.2.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    There are two types of lockboxes/supply crates in game
    1. the old style lockboxes/supply crates that you open up to instantly get crappy rewards with a super small chance of maybe one or two decent items
    2. the new style supply crates which open up a deck of 5 cards, here you will always get 5 rewards of varying usefullness, there is usually a mount skin tied to these boxes which will occasionally drop from them.

    Talking ONLY of crates/boxes looted from the special 4 hour minion missions..
    The Carnival event has NEVER had the new style supply crates as rewards, there has been no nerf, it was just never updated in the first place.
    The other 3 main world events all have the new supply crates attached to them.

    The Carnival 4 hour minion missions currently drop the Ornate Painted Tuskar Supply Crates, these crates are from BEFORE the overhaul of lockboxes was made, these supply crates are super old and use the old style loot system, this is why you were mostly getting older currencies and useless items.
    To my knowledge, this is the only place left in game where these old style boxes still drop, everything else has been replaced with the new style boxes.

    So.. in conclusion..
    As per my original response to your post..
    It is not true at all that there has been some 'secret supply crate nerf'
    All supply crates you loot from event missions have NOT had their 'rare' loot removed
    The sales they are doing in the store are nothing at all to do with supply crates that drop from minions during events

    To make this thread somewhat constructive.. you could instead be asking the devs to remove the old style Ornate Painted Tuskar Supply Crate from the loot table and to replace it with a newer style supply crate with an updated mount.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    There are two types of lockboxes/supply crates in game
    1. the old style lockboxes/supply crates that you open up to instantly get crappy rewards with a super small chance of maybe one or two decent items
    2. the new style supply crates which open up a deck of 5 cards, here you will always get 5 rewards of varying usefullness, there is usually a mount skin tied to these boxes which will occasionally drop from them.

    Talking ONLY of crates/boxes looted from the special 4 hour minion missions..
    The Carnival event has NEVER had the new style supply crates as rewards, there has been no nerf, it was just never updated in the first place.
    The other 3 main world events all have the new supply crates attached to them.

    The Carnival 4 hour minion missions currently drop the Ornate Painted Tuskar Supply Crates, these crates are from BEFORE the overhaul of lockboxes was made, these supply crates are super old and use the old style loot system, this is why you were mostly getting older currencies and useless items.
    To my knowledge, this is the only place left in game where these old style boxes still drop, everything else has been replaced with the new style boxes.

    So.. in conclusion..
    As per my original response to your post..
    It is not true at all that there has been some 'secret supply crate nerf'
    All supply crates you loot from event missions have NOT had their 'rare' loot removed
    The sales they are doing in the store are nothing at all to do with supply crates that drop from minions during events

    To make this thread somewhat constructive.. you could instead be asking the devs to remove the old style Ornate Painted Tuskar Supply Crate from the loot table and to replace it with a newer style supply crate with an updated mount.
    Maybe you are right, maybe everyone else is wrong, but they all claim, they had popup and other (besides currency and fragment) loot from event special minion mission crates that dropped in the past.

    Since this game has no developement or communication, we are left to wonder and resort to our best memories.

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    Maybe you are right, maybe everyone else is wrong, but they all claim, they had popup and other (besides currency and fragment) loot from event special minion mission crates that dropped in the past.
    Yes from other world events, never from carnival, like i said in my post.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    From memory, after completing a chain, (all) the cards from chain remain in deck as normal adventure cards.

    Other than that.. there are 4hr hour cards, that still have the appearance of the event minion adventures, but have no date in them. They are also normal adventures.

    Depending on adventure results, you may or may not get extra items from an adventure. 4hr event minions afaik, needed at least 5 star results to have a chance at lockbox. And the chance is not big. Most rewards from those adventures were currency, pets, consumables and dim items already.. as was announced a long time ago.

    And auto consume boxes( old style) may well have granted items people already had, so they might have stacked and have not been noticed because of this.

    screenshots of box name + loot reward (either from loot popup (takes disabling of autoloot) or chatlog) would give more info, if we don't seem to understand your remarks correctly.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts