+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! What did I do ?

Rift Disciple

Default Help! What did I do ?

Help...I just used the portal yesterday from addon to get to Silverwood, but now its gone from the list. Using the addon Teleporter.
    Ive downloaded addon again - incase it was broke. Did repair Rift (well desperate..)

I have no idea how I got it in the first place - it was aaaages ago. So not even sure if it was from achivement or item or ? Meaning I have no idea where to find it...to just use it manually then instead of Teleporter

Any ideas or remember? Or am i just loosing my mind so i never had one in the first place ? Only able to get there by using Porticulum master ? Been using addon Teleporter ALOT last few days - so maybe my mind just playing tricks on me and I should get some sleep ?

ty
    Last edited by Nirrana; 04-27-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Sounds like you used the service tool that lets you choose a Porticulum from everywhere on the map. That one requires charges. When out of charges, you indeed have to run towards a Porticulum and talk to the person to choose your destiny.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Disciple

ty for reply

But here are pic - I was sure I had Silverwood on the list too, and it would always port you to Highland Lookout.
    Not using Brevanic or fast pass.Talked to someone in game - she told its still on her list...defiant like me

Help! What did I do ?-riftportal.jpgHelp! What did I do ?-riftportal2.jpg

Is the Brevanic an item I should have in bag that I did something bad with ? I have ton of reload items for it - but I dont see it anywhere - bags or bank :/
    Last edited by Nirrana; 04-28-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Ascendant

The service item they are referring to is the Brevanic Portal Generator which requires 'batteries' - but those are there and visible at the bottom of your list....

Edit: the things at the top you are referring to, are the ports you get from the Planar Attunement. There are 6 of them, Silverwood isn't included... Have your buddy check where they got the Silverwood one from I'd say, then you can check why it's no longer on your list

Another edit: you can go to any portal you like with either the fast pass or the Brevanic portal generator (with battery)

Last edited by Faerugue; 04-28-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Silverwood might have been the default for Soul Recall. You can set one porticulum as *home* (talk to the Portal master) and that's where soul recall will send you when used.
    When not changing it, it will be bound to Silverwood/ Freemarch.

Closest explanation why someone has a *Silverwood port*
    Last edited by Shas; 04-28-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Silverwood might have been the default for Soul Recall. You can set one porticulum as *home* (talk to the Portal master) and that's where soul recall will send you when used.
    When not changing it, it will be bound to Silverwood/ Freemarch.

Closest explanation why someone has a *Silverwood port*
    That's the one at the bottom, not Highglades Lookout, even though both were added much later...

seems to me, the only way a DEFIANT could have a recall/teleport to Silverwood, would be through soul recall (i.e. you bound your personal recall to highlades lookout))

There is afaik no item for defiant from any quest/artifact set to go to silverwood...(exception is for PTS, but I assume that is not the case here)

The portal generator could be the option, but I assume that would require selecting the portal after using that option

Next is just guessing, since I don't know how this addon is set up..
    MAYBE you used a lot of teleports by name and is the generator linked to last portal used through that tool or linked to recall.. and using the generator for another portal might have been used for a named portal in the list, thus disabling the silverwood one as last portal used, after which that name was removed from the list.. You would then only be able to tell that is what happened, by not seeing that silverwood portal anymore, for the named portal would already be in the list, but perhaps not go on cd after using it through the PA recall

but again.. that's just guessing
    Last edited by Aranka; 05-01-2020 at 12:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread