• 2 Post By imjake
  • 1 Post By Zojah
  • 2 Post By Necalli
  • 2 Post By Lyedanpol
  • 2 Post By Necalli

Thread: Rift, I dare you to read this Devs

Soulwalker

Default Rift, I dare you to read this Devs

I understand that I haven’t played this game for to long and I do love the game so far, but these developers are going to run it to the ground. There’s no communication at all with the player base and everyone is left in the dark to believe whatever rumor they hear. The game can still go on but instead it just feels like we are just a game that was already built so all they’re doing is cashing out as much transactions until eventually the cost in sustaining the servers isn’t less than the amount they’re making from us. If the developers want people to keep playing instead of slowly losing us they should communicate what future this game has, if any at all.

Plane Walker

This game hasn't had developers since it went into maintenance mode, which was arguably months before the original company went under and sold all its IP to a producer that specializes in maintenance mode years ago.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trigodun View Post
    it just feels like we are just a game that was already built so all they’re doing is cashing out as much transactions until eventually the cost in sustaining the servers isn’t less than the amount they’re making from us.
    Do you really require an official statement to believe what you already found out yourself?

Rift Disciple

I would of been super fine playing the game as is. I have plenty of cheevos and arti sets(1485 atm) to complete.

But no, they can't even ******* sustain it as is. They screwed up everything. It lags, it crashes, APIs are not working, the list goes on and on until servers wount even go up after another "patch".

The quality of maintenance service clearly shows that the one weekly CM we get, is most likely the dev for the game as well. I could train my dog to maintain MMO better than Gamigo staff does.
    Last edited by kuradid; 04-25-2020 at 01:25 AM.

Telaran

LOL your cringey topic title isn't doing you any favors. We are all beating a dead horse. Im on your side and have beaten that dead horse for years myself. They are never going to listen. Trion,Gamigo; doesn't matter. They are making money and that's all they care about. Which makes sense for a business. But every one is dissatisfied and yet throwing money at these garbage clown companies which helps make the devs even more out of touch.

Rift Chaser

this won't change until people finally get bored and stop throwing money at a game that will never really be developed again. at that point it will change to no longer existing.

ALSO I THINK THIS IS A TROLL POST. OP joined just this month and has so much knowledge to speak on this subject? Especially the line ". If the developers want people to keep playing instead of slowly losing us they should communicate what future this game has, if any at all." That smells of someone who is not a new person but more like a disgruntled long term player who doesn't want to be known or perhaps no longer has their account and perhaps had played in the past.
    Last edited by Ysmyrlda; 04-25-2020 at 04:51 PM.

This game will always be close to me... having helped me personally through some tough times, I am always browsing through to see how the game is doing.

I do not believe that I am the only “ex-hardcore” raider doing the same thing.

Give the game a cash injection and some fresh hardcore content and I guarantee this game will return. It always did have the potential to be the #1 MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    This game will always be close to me... having helped me personally through some tough times, I am always browsing through to see how the game is doing.

I do not believe that I am the only “ex-hardcore” raider doing the same thing.

Give the game a cash injection and some fresh hardcore content and I guarantee this game will return. It always did have the potential to be the #1 MMO
    I think the game had the potential to be the #1 MMO. Launch day on vanilla up through IoE at the very least saw incredible numbers. The problem is that Rift lost sight of its roots so fast and decided to try to be the new WoW instead of being their own game. Which makes sense, it was launched during the era of "WoW killers" and every MMO was going to be the one to finally sink the franchise.

I do believe the game can make a comeback, but a couple of things need to happen. First thing is everyone needs to recognize that Rift cannot rumble with WoW which means Rift needs to focus on what makes it great. The other thing is that people need to curtail expectations and understand that it's not going to be the massive juggernaut we were hoping it would be. It's still going to be small, but I think it could grow enough to be healthy and sustainable.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    I think the game had the potential to be the #1 MMO. Launch day on vanilla up through IoE at the very least saw incredible numbers. The problem is that Rift lost sight of its roots so fast and decided to try to be the new WoW instead of being their own game. Which makes sense, it was launched during the era of "WoW killers" and every MMO was going to be the one to finally sink the franchise.

I do believe the game can make a comeback, but a couple of things need to happen. First thing is everyone needs to recognize that Rift cannot rumble with WoW which means Rift needs to focus on what makes it great. The other thing is that people need to curtail expectations and understand that it's not going to be the massive juggernaut we were hoping it would be. It's still going to be small, but I think it could grow enough to be healthy and sustainable.
    Trying to be the new WoW wasn't losing sight of Rift's roots; those are Rift's roots. "We're not in Azeroth anymore" was literally the tagline in the pre-order trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpXoNaiPfT8

To make a comeback, Rift would need a massive cash infusion, and that won't happen. Rift will indeed be sustained as a small game from now on. That's what maintenance mode is all about. The game is in a sad state compared to what it once was, but I personally believe that it can and will persevere like this for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Trying to be the new WoW wasn't losing sight of Rift's roots; those are Rift's roots. "We're not in Azeroth anymore" was literally the tagline in the pre-order trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpXoNaiPfT8

To make a comeback, Rift would need a massive cash infusion, and that won't happen. Rift will indeed be sustained as a small game from now on. That's what maintenance mode is all about. The game is in a sad state compared to what it once was, but I personally believe that it can and will persevere like this for years to come.
    Yeah, they took pot shots at WoW. What I'm referring to is focusing on having content directly competing with WoW (e.g. raids and instances) instead of focusing on open world content, encouraging building unique classes, small events, zone events, world events, one time events, and a general cultivation of the open world content.

Case and point, the River of Souls event. That was the epitome of everything it was suppose to be. A massive open world event that went on over a period of time, culminating in this grand open world fight. Players running whatever unique builds they had grown to love, contributing to the fight in their own way. Volan is another great example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Yeah, they took pot shots at WoW. What I'm referring to is focusing on having content directly competing with WoW (e.g. raids and instances) instead of focusing on open world content, encouraging building unique classes, small events, zone events, world events, one time events, and a general cultivation of the open world content.

Case and point, the River of Souls event. That was the epitome of everything it was suppose to be. A massive open world event that went on over a period of time, culminating in this grand open world fight. Players running whatever unique builds they had grown to love, contributing to the fight in their own way. Volan is another great example of this.
    I never thought I'd see the day, where someone "gets it".

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day, where someone "gets it".
    Lol, there are a lot of people out there. A lot of friends I have (online and IRL) are on the same page but they all left. I'm not even entirely certain as to why I'm on here about this haha.

+ Reply to Thread