+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Battlepass experience requirement has doubled

This is my first Rift battlepass so I can't really compare it to the previous two, but...

It's already starting to feel like a chore this early in. Some of the quests just feel frustrating. I think it'd be a lot better if it were longer running, the quests gave more exp, or the exp needed was cut down, either back to 10k or maybe like 15k at most per level.
    Last edited by Violette; 04-08-2020 at 10:06 AM.

calculations.. 56 days of BP total, 600k Bp xp to reach the last level

Non Patron 4 dailies .. each 1 upto 3k xp max.. so 4k to 12k daily.
    That's 28k upto 84k in a week.
    Non Patron 3 weeklies each 5k, 8k or 10k.. so 15k upto 30k in a week

Patron has 6 dailies, that's 6k upto 18k per day.
    For 7 days, that's 42 upto 126k bpxp per week.

Since weeklies are the same in amount for patron and non-patron, that's a basic 120k upto 240k BP xp over the entire duration.

Dailies.. Non-patron 224k upto 672k over the entire duration
    Dailies.. Patron 336k upto 1008k on dailies over the entire duration.

That's a huge difference in the rng for possible results.

Average is calculated in 2k xp for each and 23/25k for the weekly total

For Non-Patron, that would be 56 days x 4 dailies x 2k xp.. that's a total of 448K BPxp
    For Patron, that average is then 56 days x 6 dailies x2k.. that's a total of 672k BP xp

Weeklies average.. say the 25k.. that's 200k BP xp over the duration of the pass..

So 648k BP xp for Non patron on average, IF you do every daily and every weekly.. means you can miss out on some 4 weeklies and 4 dailies (on average, if you're willing to risk) over the entire duration.
    for Patron, the average is 872k BP xp. means for example (if you're willing to take the risk) that you could miss out on 1 weekly every week (you would then miss out max 80k bpxp max) and some 190k in dalies..

Keep in mind.. those are AVERAGE numbers.. missing 60 3k bpxp dalies as patron and maybe 1 weekly every week makes it already more tight to finish the BP..

-------------------

In the current state, the BP is running a dubious course. Paying for the pass upfront does not give more chance at finishing it, it only influences the rewards you get.

The strict 2 months duration is in itself not an issue, the requirements for more BP xp gained to max level is in itself not an issue either. The propblem lies in implementing both at the same time and leaving people at rng/draw of the luck to be able to get the max result.

cycling BP every 2 months for 6 planes, leaving people with the obtained result from 1st round to start the 2nd round for that specific BP is not an option. It would basically run out the whole BP in 2 cycles, if the rewards stay the same.

Options to solve the issue could be to turn down the BP xp required to 10, 12 or 15k ( at 15k, every bad rng for non patron would still give the option to finish the level 30 for BP if doing all quests)
    the downside would still be, that it would take a player to do all quests every day and would still be based on rng.

An option could be to change the xp rewards from the quests.. make all quests 2k xp,
    It would favor the patrons since they have more quests to chose from for the free reroll
    The negative side would be, that quests that take more time/are more difficult to complete would be tossed aside by many players who have the space to skip quests, leaving those who need to do specific quests in a situation where it could be more difficult to do those quests.

Progressive xp rewards.. for dailies, the first daily you complete gets 1k xp, the 2nd gives 2k xp, the 3rd gives 3k, the 4th gives 4k .. and quest 5 and 6 each give 1500 xp..
    It would make for more effort to do all 4 dailies, since the 4k for a daily is the better reward, Patron would still have an advantage with more quests but not as huge a difference in the xp max as now.
    for number crunching.. I'd leave that to others to do, since it could impact the xp requirement for level 30.

make all weeklies 8k or 10k.. leave the 5k as reward out.. that would give a little more space for getting the xp from those

A whole other option could be to make BP buyers get 2 more dailies on top of the 4
    Patron could get 1 daily extra
    In that scenario,
    non patron- non bp would have 4 dailies
    patron NON bp would have 5 dailies
    non patron with bp would get 6 dailies
    patron with bp would get 7 dailies

This would favor the players who buy the BP in an early stage.

Any xp rewards/quests for dailies could be assigned to the slot in which they appear in BP, so the extra dailies for BP owners would be the 1 or 2k xp quests (assuming the rotation of quests has been linked to the position/lines in the bp quest window)

I can't check the data Gamigo has on the sale of BP, but I do think any change should come soon. I can imagine a lot of players having turned their back on the BP as it is now and have not done much the first week to build up BP levels. Any change on BP would/should imo keep in consideration that lost time/BP xp to make it still obtainable for them.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Samford View Post
    There are no bugged quests, they all work if you know where to look. The only thing slowing me down is the 2+ hours pvp queues during the times I can actually play.
    I'm seeing quite a few reports on bugged quests. Note that by this I mean quests that do not work like they should because of a bug, not quests that are logically impossible to complete, because proving a negative is kind of hard.

There's also the other category I mentioned: quests that simply won't happen, like doing Intrepid Adventures in MoM. For anyone unfamiliar with this issue, Intrepid Adventures are like Instant Adventures but they take place in old raids. They take place in Hammerknell or MoM. The thing is... it's always Hammerknell. I leveled two of my alts from 10 to 65 purely through Intrepids, and out of all those hours of grinding, I only saw MoM for a few minutes.

The question stands; do you spend credits to reroll quests?

The other question stands, too; how long per day do you spend on BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    calculations.. 56 days of BP total, 600k Bp xp to reach the last level

Non Patron 4 dailies .. each 1 upto 3k xp max.. so 4k to 12k daily.
    That's 28k upto 84k in a week.
    Non Patron 3 weeklies each 5k, 8k or 10k.. so 15k upto 30k in a week

Patron has 6 dailies, that's 6k upto 18k per day.
    For 7 days, that's 42 upto 126k bpxp per week.

Since weeklies are the same in amount for patron and non-patron, that's a basic 120k upto 240k BP xp over the entire duration.

Dailies.. Non-patron 224k upto 672k over the entire duration
    Dailies.. Patron 336k upto 1008k on dailies over the entire duration.

That's a huge difference in the rng for possible results.
    This really does explain the main issue with the battle pass as it stands at the moment.. it is again, the old nemesis, RNG.
    a player with good RNG on the daily quests can sail through the battle pass and finish it well within the time limit.
    a player with bad RNG can do every single quest they are given for the entire BP and still not finish it in time.

the differences between quest XP rewards are too much, not because they are an ADDITIONAL 1k XP for each daily tier, but because they are actually MULTIPLES.. the difference between a 1k XP quest and a 2k XP quest is a multiple of 2, then the 3k XP quest is a multiple of 3.
    having the daily quest XP tiers as 1k, 2k, 3k is very different to having them (for example) be 5k, 6k, 7k.
    the first will give the lucky player 3 TIMES more XP than an unlucky player.. the second, gives that same lucky player only 1.4 TIMES the XP of the unlucky.

please.. just reduce the XP per level back to 10k.
    then spend some time tweaking the math for the next battle pass so we dont have such huge differences in XP gain.
    progress through the battle pass should depend how much work you are willing to put in, not on how lucky your dice roll was that day.
    RNG should not be so prevalent in a battle pass system where you have already paid real money for the rewards.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    The question stands; do you spend credits to reroll quests?

The other question stands, too; how long per day do you spend on BP?
    I've rerolled a couple quests, specifically the pvp win ones I mentioned that take 2 hours to queue for.

today I finished my dailies and weeklies all in about 1 hour 15 minutes. The bulk of that time(about 45min) being 7 random experts.

2000 exp away from level 10 now but some punk got my shard firsts already.

Plane Walker

I've rerolled a couple quests, specifically the pvp win ones I mentioned that take 2 hours to queue for.

today I finished my dailies and weeklies all in about 1 hour 15 minutes. The bulk of that time(about 45min) being 7 random experts.

2000 exp away from level 10 now but some punk got my shard firsts already.
    Have those rerolls been just the free ones you get each day/week, or have you been spending credits on rerolls? If you've been getting near-optimal quests and haven't had reason to spend credits on rerolls, would you purchase rerolls if you got a string of suboptimal quests (e.g. PvP, MoM, low exp)?

Competing for shard firsts puts you near the top end of BP participants. Do you think BP is fine overall for most players? Should it be made easier, made more difficult, or kept as it is?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Have those rerolls been just the free ones you get each day/week, or have you been spending credits on rerolls? If you've been getting near-optimal quests and haven't had reason to spend credits on rerolls, would you purchase rerolls if you got a string of suboptimal quests (e.g. PvP, MoM, low exp)?

Competing for shard firsts puts you near the top end of BP participants. Do you think BP is fine overall for most players? Should it be made easier, made more difficult, or kept as it is?
    I haven't had to reroll as many as you want to believe with credits or without, given most missions are 2000 - 3000 exp. You and some other folks I know seem to be trying to use an extreme outlier that "people will get all 1000 exp quests and not be able to complete Battle Pass" and I understand your points, but it's simply not true.

As easy as the Battle Pass missions are? Yes it is fine overall for most players. Most players can kill 15 mobs. Most players can close 5 rifts. Most players can do a puzzle that has 40 guides on the net.... The whole point of Battle Pass is to get people to do content. These are things we've been doing since level 1.

My main issue is forcing people to pvp, hours of queues and most of the time you lose.

But to answer your main question, the one you've been searching for answer to since the start: Yes I will spend credits on this and anything else in the game that I'd like to spend credits on. I will spend credits on wardrobe. I will spend credits on lock boxes. I will spend credits on event gear... several times over. I will support this game financially until I no longer have the will to.... but I do feel that as soon as someone mentions credits, on the forum or a discord chat, they are immediately shut down as "pay to win" and their argument is no longer considered valid. So you can see my hesitation in answering this out right especially on a hot button issue such as Battle Pass. I've been playing this game a long time just like a lot of other people and I've built opinions about the game just like a lot of other people.

Talking

I haven't had to reroll as many as you want to believe with credits or without, given most missions are 2000 - 3000 exp. You and some other folks I know seem to be trying to use an extreme outlier that "people will get all 1000 exp quests and not be able to complete Battle Pass" and I understand your points, but it's simply not true.

As easy as the Battle Pass missions are? Yes it is fine overall for most players. Most players can kill 15 mobs. Most players can close 5 rifts. Most players can do a puzzle that has 40 guides on the net.... The whole point of Battle Pass is to get people to do content. These are things we've been doing since level 1.

My main issue is forcing people to pvp, hours of queues and most of the time you lose.

But to answer your main question, the one you've been searching for answer to since the start: Yes I will spend credits on this and anything else in the game that I'd like to spend credits on. I will spend credits on wardrobe. I will spend credits on lock boxes. I will spend credits on event gear... several times over. I will support this game financially until I no longer have the will to.... but I do feel that as soon as someone mentions credits, on the forum or a discord chat, they are immediately shut down as "pay to win" and their argument is no longer considered valid. So you can see my hesitation in answering this out right especially on a hot button issue such as Battle Pass. I've been playing this game a long time just like a lot of other people and I've built opinions about the game just like a lot of other people.
    Now this is screenshot worthy.

Plane Walker

Non-Patrons don't have to get all quests with minimal exp to be locked out of full BP rewards; minimal exp every time would actually put someone far below that, at level 21. The max for non-Patron is 46. That puts the average at around 33. Assuming normal distribution for quest exp, that's a significant portion of players who won't be able to finish. Some of those players will have spent $10 on the BP itself.

And that's assuming a player finishes every available quest. Closing 5 rifts is easy. Completing 5 IAs in MoM is not. Winning matches in a specific WF is not. Getting into a PvP match at all is not. Completing a puzzle that only becomes available with a rare arti set is not. If this BP was designed for people to do content, it's not succeeding at that, as some players are looking at the requirements and deciding that they don't want to spend so much time on a race they won't win due to no fault of their own.

Like I said, I did the last two seasons of BP. Quadrupling the requirements (double exp in half the time) and leaving virtually impossible quests untouched (MoM et al.), along with introducing new bugged quests, has made me decide that I'd rather not bother with it, and I'm not the only one. Wouldn't it be nice if the players not doing BP found it worthwhile, and maybe jumped into the PvP queue on occasion?

However much you spend on BP (the pass itself, Patron, rerolls), I hope you're happy with the result. Enjoy your week.

Telaran

Example of being screwed over (already had to use swap for another daily that was much worse):

Battlepass experience requirement has doubled-2020-04-05_183828.jpg

Weekly is an enigma I must get a full artifact set before starting: Little Black Book. I'm missing one normal and one rare page. Problem is these artifacts are not sold by anyone and last year history shows they barely were sold at all - on my shard that is. Old content, returner player and few online players equals failure.
    Last edited by Lombry; 04-09-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    Example of being screwed over (already had to use swap for another daily that was much worse):

Attachment 34410

Weekly is an enigma I must get a full artifact set before starting: Little Black Book. I'm missing one normal and one rare page. Problem is these artifacts are not sold by anyone and last year history shows they barely were sold at all - on my shard that is. Old content, returner player and few online players equals failure.
    I think you might be able to buy the artifacts you need. It may not be too bad of a cost of you're only missing two?

Check out this thread on Caduto's page:

https://www.cadrift.net/puzzles/storm-legion/morban/

You have to have a certain achievement, but you can find help for it on that page too. That quest might take you a bit more work depending on where you are for the requirements, but since it's a weekly, you might have time.
    Last edited by Ambrianna; 04-09-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Telaran

That is indeed my plan. But still, if not for Caduto's guide, I would be screwed. Btw the artifacts I'm missing are page 2 & 8. So if you have some on a desk, feel free to sell them.

you can indeed buy all the artifacts for the storm legion puzzles from a special vendor that opens up after completing the very easy henge cheevo.
    all the guides for this are on cadrift.net (and indeed any other puzzle guide site would point you to that vendor too)

black box is a difficult puzzle, one of the most difficult in game, however, hopefully with just a basic understanding of the game rules you will be ok, just dont be worried about resetting the puzzle 20+ times til you get an 'easy' ball layout!

good luck

Telaran

Thanks. Level 5 and 5000/20000. 2 weeklies of 8000 points each remaining, one being the blackbox thing. Still a long road to go. Today's dailies were easy but only 1000, 1000, 2000, 2000 (changed to 3000 after a swap - this was a PvP quest). Basicaly already starting to fall behind schedule despite having passed the entire day on Rift; like actually all these past days these few past weeks. I should consult a specialist, I guess.
    Last edited by Lombry; 04-09-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: z

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    Thanks. Level 5 and 5000/20000. 2 weeklies of 8000 points each remaining, one being the blackbox thing. Still a long road to go. Today's dailies were easy but only 1000, 1000, 2000, 2000 (changed to 3000 after a swap - this was a PvP quest). Basicaly already starting to fall behind schedule despite having passed the entire day on Rift; like actually all these past days these few past weeks. I should consult a specialist, I guess.
    I'm not that far ahead of you. I'm mid-6th level.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I think I could feasibly be at level 15 before the end of the month, even if I slow down a little, or don't do all the daily quests. That being said, I would still have over a month to complete the last 15.

I'm hoping to keep some of this momentum. It'll depend on the weekly/daily quests though. I'll do a free roll, but that's it, I guess if I get stuck I get stuck.

Caduto's site is amazing, no idea what we would do without him and all his contributors. Very grateful for them!

Edited to add - I think the time frame before was a bit ridiculous - way too long. But now, I think it's a tad too tight. I think another month tacked on would be awesome - but even 2 more weeks would be a big help.
    Last edited by Ambrianna; 04-09-2020 at 05:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast