• 1 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By Arthritis
  • 4 Post By Lyedanpol
  • 1 Post By Lyedanpol
  • 1 Post By Lyedanpol

Thread: Gamigo stock bought up by investment group

Prophet of Telara

Default Gamigo stock bought up by investment group

I just came across a Gamigo press release from last month that reports that Gamigo's main stockholder was buying up the rest of the Gamigo shares. The company, Media and Games Invest, increased its ownership of Gamigo stock from 53% to 98% and plans to buy up any remaining shares. I don't know what that means for Rift but MGI apparently thinks Gamigo is a good investment.

Gamigo mentioned Rift in the press release when it stated that its "core portfolio includes successful games titles such as ArcheAge, Aura Kingdom, Defiance, Fiesta Online, Rift and Trove..."

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ga...111032575.html

I wonder what will come of this for Gamigo. Only time will tell.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/media-...09094502EEOVO/

I had a problem with your link. It kept wanting me to agree to it's cookies and when I did the page that loaded was unreadable - the text was virtually microscopic and I was unable to enlarge it to make it readable.

So, I found a new link dated today.

Trion Worlds is owned by Gamigo which is now owned by MGI. This just keeps getting better and better. ROFL!!!

"In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Thumbs up

It looks good sure, but that's from their point of view. the reality is. Keep in mind that what is good for business doesn't necessarily mean It will be good for the playerbase.

Gamigo prefers strong focus on monetization and profit, preferably without the game. their entire way of doing business is morally bankrupt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Owner of that company Remco Westernmann aka known as a Chief Executive Officer of the gamigo AG

https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/about-gamigo/

I think they are doing some kinda stuff behind the scenes but time will tell for sure.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Owner of that company Remco Westernmann aka known as a Chief Executive Officer of the gamigo AG

https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/about-gamigo/

I think they are doing some kinda stuff behind the scenes but time will tell for sure.
    They're not, be careful what you wish for. It may just be worse than anything you could of asked for, defeating the purpose of asking in the first place.

sums up what gamigo has been doing this entire time really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    They're not, be careful what you wish for. It may just be worse than anything you could of asked for, defeating the purpose of asking in the first place.

sums up what gamigo has been doing this entire time really.

My point was some kinda money stuff happening Not actual development or smth tho.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    My point was some kinda money stuff happening Not actual development or smth tho.
    I know Omerr, I know. But in other news Planetside 2 looks like it has a big PP

Rift Master

In the document it states that Gamigo made 59 million Euros net profit.

Plenty of money to spend on Rift, but not happening it looks like.

And who knows where we're going from here. I think the new company will keep a close eye on everything, because looking at all the info, it's all about the money.

R7

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    In the document it states that Gamigo made 59 million Euros net profit.

Plenty of money to spend on Rift, but not happening it looks like.

And who knows where we're going from here. I think the new company will keep a close eye on everything, because looking at all the info, it's all about the money.

R7
    It's a publicly traded entity, of course it's all about the bottom line. If there's a better profit margin to be had by annoying the customers a little but not enough to lose them then that's what will be done. I've seen it multiple times in my working life-family/privately owned business sells out to public company and screw service, fix that bottom line ensues...

Simple explanation could be ... more people under isolation = more gaming = more revenue = more profit. Probably trying to gobble up the whole pie rather than 53%.Just business IMO.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Telaran

Hopefully they do something with this game. It has so much potential. Needs a graphics and animation over haul for sure. Gamigo and the previous crap company are the most incompetent companies this side of the handling of champions online.

Quote Originally Posted by imjake View Post
    Hopefully they do something with this game. It has so much potential. Needs a graphics and animation over haul for sure. Gamigo and the previous crap company are the most incompetent companies this side of the handling of champions online.
    Gamigo very much is still the owner, remco westermann is the one who bought the shares.

+ Reply to Thread