+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Operation Revive Rift

Shadowlander

Default Operation Revive Rift

Rift is slowly losing it place amongst other mmorpgs, its up to us to bring it back up,

we need
    -Streamers
    -Older players to start older raid groups again
    -Daily content like pvp,crifts, and up to date raiding

the sooner we start bringing rift on the map, the sooner this game revives.

ty
    -Murderlemons

Rift Chaser

Default Stream what Murderlemons?

Not to be dismissive of your point- but stream what? There is one T2 raid at the moment- and is growing cobwebs. Streams of it are also growing cobwebs. No new pvp or dungeon content either- so are you suggesting re-runs? I mean the "intrepid" thing seems to be the way things go in Rift- so sure- why not. It is probably more beneficial at this point to have dimension and costume contests- at least there is some variation in that. Rift was a great game but the content drought is taking its toll. Drumming up interest without something new would be fleeting I think. Even Gamigo is not marketing it.

Rift Disciple

LOL, stream a dozen players (all that's left) standing on the hill in Vostigar. Good intentions but missing the whole underlying problem with the game.

Rift Disciple

Absolutely nothing matters until there is actual new content: new raids, new zones, new quests, new lore. Not a rehash, not intrepid, not unicorns nor budgies nor Voltron.

ACTUAL. NEW. CONTENT.
    Last edited by FlipperPA; 03-01-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Soulwalker

I love the sentiment but I remain pessimistic that it'll happen.
    What wouldn't hurt from the developers is a graphical update. And better sound effects, something that makes me feel like my abilities actually pack a punch.

Plane Touched

Exactly.

Rift is this person in their early 40s in intensive care in the hospital. There not because the game has run it's course, but because of bad habits (= "Trion Mismanagement").. it's suffering some because of the replacement of some organs with poor quality mechanical replacements (= "The switch from actual servers to the cloud"), but mostly it's suffering because it gets just barely enough care to keep it alive (="Gamigo from Trion takeover to the present")... of course while harvesting what blood they can as they can. (="People spending money in Rift this past while").

Like others have said, it needs new content. If Gamigo were going to provide that, they would have already. Our only real hope is that Gamigo sells off the IP and maintenance of the servers to another company who would give it the attention (funds+staffing+good communication) that it so desperately needs... perhaps as a Rift 2.0. Will that happen? I doubt it.

Do I think badly of Gamigo? Not really... Rift is still alive, after all, after their creators (Trion) went bankrupt. I have to give them credit for that. As long as they keep it alive, it is never completely dead

So, cast your hopes elsewhere. Mine are on Blue Protocol, which I have hopes will be out in NA later this year sometime, and which gives me the "Rift feels" like no game has since Rift itself in 2011.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    So, cast your hopes elsewhere. Mine are on Blue Protocol, which I have hopes will be out in NA later this year sometime, and which gives me the "Rift feels" like no game has since Rift itself in 2011.
    You almost made me cough my drink all over my keyboard & screen, the heck!

That comparison blows my mind heh

Sword of Telara

Rift could use a decent and up-to-date "Rift Worth Playing" video by someone who is knowledgeable about Rift.

Many other games have them. Rift has some from 2019 and earlier but the 2019 one is essentially just someone playing the game for the first time. It doesn't really do all the strengths of Rift justice, such as World Events, crafting, dimensions, minions, artifacts. daily and calendar rewards, etc.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You almost made me cough my drink all over my keyboard & screen, the heck!

That comparison blows my mind heh
    *chuckles*

Granted, they LOOK quite different, and Rift doesn't have an anime vibe at all.. nonetheless, something about it has something of a Rift feel to me. That might pass as more comes out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Rift could use a decent and up-to-date "Rift Worth Playing" video by someone who is knowledgeable about Rift.
    No one person can answer this question for you because the opinions will vary pretty significantly from person to person. It all boils down to what you want to do with your time in the game as the are a multitude of activities which is one of the great things about RIFT.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ing-guide.html

Anyone can say it's worth or not worth playing, but that's ultimately their own single opinion and is about all it's worth. All you can do is provide people with the current state of the game and all of the information (and misinformation) that goes with it.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

BMX
    Rift Master

Frankly, Gamigo either needs to do the deed or turn Rift over to a group that can, plain, simple, succinct as that!

Rift would happen once more if, and only if it had a proper team in place, a budget and someone competent to manage the freakin thing. A major makeover, including new content, honest to God balance that does NOT include trashing souls or listening to the Rogue whiners bellyache about class x is doing... A bona fide expansion that brings stats into perspective, dps/hps into perspective without nuking the damn integer limits, then, we might just have something worthy of a marketing campaign. Without it, we have nothing, nada, ZIP! Kinda like a door to door ice salesman trying to market ice to Eskimos in the dead of winter is what it seems Gamigo is doing when they could be capitalizing on a formerly AAA title.

Freakin sad...
    Banned

any news on the "blockchain" thingamajig?

LMAO
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MilfordCubicle View Post
    I love the sentiment but I remain pessimistic that it'll happen.
    What wouldn't hurt from the developers is a graphical update. And better sound effects, something that makes me feel like my abilities actually pack a punch.
    Rift would have to be moved to unreal engine 4 in order to have an amazing graphical update. There are no resources to do that. Just look at the way the game is in its current state. Shards go down at least once a day. What was once weekly restarts are now happening like once every 2 days. Wow. RNG restarts with a guaranteed weekly restart. Some game huh?

Shadowlander

Doing as the OP suggested would not really bring anyone back to the game. This game needs something added to it that will get people talking.
    That is how it works. New expansion if done right could make people start to talk and get interested once again and when that happens you may see people returning and playing. Then as more people play more will come because it will have alot more users playing.
    Look at how the game is right now and when you tell a person how the game really is and not try and sell it to them but give them real info trust me not many will return or try it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast