+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Operation Revive Rift

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DrankenStein View Post
    Rift is slowly losing it place amongst other mmorpgs, its up to us to bring it back up,

we need
    -Streamers
    -Older players to start older raid groups again
    -Daily content like pvp,crifts, and up to date raiding

the sooner we start bringing rift on the map, the sooner this game revives.

ty
    -Murderlemons
    It's not up to the players to keep this tired old game going though. Why should we? Gamigo are only taking money, not giving it out and certainly not spending any on the game itself.

You probably could do a stream on "WHAT NEW ITEMS ARE ON SALE IN RIFT" every week just to highlight what an absolute mess the game state is right now, given that it will be the only updated content available.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DrankenStein View Post
    Rift is slowly losing it place amongst other mmorpgs, its up to us to bring it back up,

we need
    -Streamers
    -Older players to start older raid groups again
    -Daily content like pvp,crifts, and up to date raiding

the sooner we start bringing rift on the map, the sooner this game revives.

ty
    -Murderlemons

I am trying out Rift, Currently my highest character is a 25 Guardian Warrior. I have just begun a Let's Play for a Defiant Cleric. This game is beautiful and fun. I do not raid and my playstyle is very different from most. Wanted to just give my feedback. If interested, please visit my Let's play videos on my channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNH...552zGVf17bba-w

Ascendant

oooh yea, about that 'technology cost reduction' - you mean throwing EU in front of the train and then down the drain, right?

"For example, following the acquisition of Trion, the monthly technology costs were reduced from EUR 543 thousand to EUR 174 thousand with the aim of reducing them to EUR 130 thousand by 2020" [that's when the plug is pulled on several games? or what? NA will follow EU on the 'stable' cloud service thingy?]

And ... when exactly did gamigo LAUNCH an AAA game (ArcheAge)....

If this weren't as sad as it is, it would be 'funny' / laughable. ...

Last edited by Faerugue; 03-06-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Soulwalker

This game is hereby officially dead.

Soulwalker

Default WTHELL

Maybe if you could keep the game up for longer than 12 hrs people would play it.

Soulwalker

OR at the very least be transparent about it, I have not seen a single announcement from the mods/dev tracker, something that takes all of a minute to do.

I think Gamigo is seriously undervaluing this game and if they're at all seriously working on fixes or new content, they should tell people even if they have no release date. This game is still a high quality tab target themepark. A few fixes, changes, and some new content is all it would need to revive the game. Especially since it would be a F2P alternative to the top games out right now - WoW, FFXIV, ESO - so that alone would attract a lot of people. Plus it has cool features that those games don't have. Not to mention GW2's slow death and those people looking for a new home. I don't think it needs a graphic overhaul and that would be expensive. Perhaps some small changes to make it look better in the interim and they can revisit that in the future if it starts earning cash.

I'm sure Gamigo looked at RIFT as a side bonus when they purchased Trion, but they should seriously look at this game. It's still a AAA quality MMO - it just needs some proper attention to get it back in the limelight.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 03-09-2020 at 12:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2