+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Request for a change to some weapon and armour upgrade requirements.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    75

    Default Request for a change to some weapon and armour upgrade requirements.

    Well I have been progressing through my upgrades at level 70 to my eternal weapon, crafted hood and bow and have hit a barrier. I am an open world player but the requirements to run dungeons and raids mean I cannot progress these items unless I do group content. I have done group content on plenty of games, lotro, gw2, rift in the past but now I would rather not.
    So I think if gamingo could make a few slight changes to the upgrade requirements it could help players like myself progress. Iím not looking to make it easier just to give players like myself an opportunity to progress.
    Instead of run say 25 dungeons or get 2 tenebrean engines you could set an OR option of say as is the moment kill 50 colossi or kill 50 Rares in different zones or even put a crafting element into it. Craft 20 bodium daggers or equivalent.
    Anyway with a little imagination requirements could be set that would take around the same amount of time to complete as the group content requirements.
    I may be in a minority of one requesting this but it seems the coding required to make this happen wouldnít be too onerous. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,392

    Wink

    When all you are planning to do is solo content - why do you feel the need to get max gear?
    Solo stuff doesn't need bis gear.

    Turning yourself into a helpful part of a group through personal improvement, socialising and chrakter upgrades is quite an essential aspect of the game.

    Atm you are asking for Thunderfury as login reward.

    Please specify
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Arthritis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    The MASSIVE random server lag and constant random game crashes from the Cash Grab Events each week have chased away a significant percentage of players and THAT has made it far more difficult in the last two months for folks like you who still have progress to be had on your eternals.

    And my best advice to you and others is "remain queued in LFG" for ALL roles you are willing fulfill AND keep an eye on the chat channels for SPE/ EoA groups that form and try to join them. Or start your own. Also, don't be afraid to ask others to take pity on you and CARRY you through one or two of the SPEs/ EoAs that you need for the 25. More than likely most players will ignore you or say "No." But there is always the chance one might say, "Sure! Why not?" And do this for TDez, also. Burn your IRCs if you have to (but save some for IRotP where you actually can get decent gear.)

    This is your BEST chance of getting the 25 needed. Once you have the 25 do the same for the 6 IRotP to finish your eternals.

    Gear REALLY does make ALL the difference at level 70. I speak from experience. Five months ago when I was still wearing a mix of greens, blues and a purple and still hadn't done ANY progress on my hat, shooter and eternal, VP content took forever and I died constantly while trying to "gitterdun."

    But as I replaced my greens, blues and one purple with better purples AND finished my hat and shooter, VP content became doable and much easier. Now, I blast through VP dailies, DRRs, raids and dungeons - they are over so fast I kind of miss that crappy gear that forced me to struggle. But not enough to switch out my T2s and eternal. It's nice not having to spend hours doing content.

    Just stick with it and "gitterdun." Then you can leave it ALL behind you. Unless you do something foolish like do it all over again on another toon.

    Best of luck to you!
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Amielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    If only you knew how much the eternal have been nerfed already.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    Well I have been progressing through my upgrades at level 70 to my eternal weapon, crafted hood and bow and have hit a barrier. I am an open world player but the requirements to run dungeons and raids mean I cannot progress these items unless I do group content. I have done group content on plenty of games, lotro, gw2, rift in the past but now I would rather not.
    So I think if gamingo could make a few slight changes to the upgrade requirements it could help players like myself progress. Iím not looking to make it easier just to give players like myself an opportunity to progress.
    Instead of run say 25 dungeons or get 2 tenebrean engines you could set an OR option of say as is the moment kill 50 colossi or kill 50 Rares in different zones or even put a crafting element into it. Craft 20 bodium daggers or equivalent.
    Anyway with a little imagination requirements could be set that would take around the same amount of time to complete as the group content requirements.
    I may be in a minority of one requesting this but it seems the coding required to make this happen wouldnít be too onerous. Thank you.
    In short, no.

    Longer version: The eternal quests have been nerfed into the ground already (originally it was 100 dungeons, think about that!) and now you want swap that for 2 measly engines you can get in 1 TDEM or buy off the shop? It's already an insult to those players who actually ground out the first eternal quest lines that the current requirement is such a cake walk... you should be thankful it's so easy now.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Kelyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Just like Shas said, if you aren't going to raid or do dungeons then you don't need to upgrade your gear. That's why it requires raids and such in the first place, because it's supposed to scale with you as you climb to the end game raids.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Thanks for the replies.
    I thought Iíd get the you donít need this gear if you donít do raids etc argument. For most world content yes but some events such as those on VP/Xarth mire you do need higher level gear. At the minute on VP events Iím just pinging a few and hoping I donít aggro more than two or three mobs. In Xarth itís extremely easy to be killed given the density of mobs.
    At these events I donít see hoards of players stripping off their well earned items for lesser items because Ďthey donít need ití.
    Why Does it matter to other players anyway? Surely more better equipped players is better.
    I havenít asked for expert or raid armour gear all I ask for is that solo players are given the opportunity to complete the quests, because thatís how I see them, of upgrading three items.
    90% of rift is solo play, players like me havenít the time or inclination to raid. In my case due to circumstances I may have to leave the computer at a moments notice perhaps wiping a raid.
    If rift is to survive it needs to appeal serve everyone and every play style.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I have done the dungeon quest recently on an alt and I found that it is hard to find groups. There is not enough incentive to do dungeons for people who have already completed the quest. The dungeon queue rarely popped up and when it did it was more often the challenge dungeon than regular dungeons. However the risk of getting people with too low dps is high. At first I could hardly find any group, but in a weekend I did find groups for multiple dungeons.

    What is frustrating is that you can only make good progress if you find dungeon groups and the dungeon queue is not reliable. You can't decide to make progress at any time. I wouldn't mind if they reduced the number of dungeons to 10. The quest is more frustrating than fun.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    646

    Default

    A while ago (may 2019), I made a suggestion to Gamigo on some things I would love to see happen. I wrote it in the way I thought an announcement post would look like. This discussion falls pretty much into one of the categories I made. Here's the snip, you can read it all if you click the arrows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Less grinding
    Are you still sitting down? Do you need a refill? If so, now's the time to do it.
    Are you back? Excellent!

    When the game was first launched, everything had to take time for a reason. As the years passed,
    that reason became less important, so nerfs were made here and there along the way. We're going to
    make some more, but this is mostly aimed at endgame, because this is where it is felt more easily. In
    particular, we're talking Eternal weapons and Chondritic helmets and weapons! Most stage
    requirements have been reduced for all items, but we would like to point out a few of the really
    good ones.

    • Eternal Weapon, upgrade 2: Kill zone event colossi reduced from 40 to 10. Defeat Rift
    invasions reduced from 400 to 100. These two are taking an absurd amount of time, even if
    you find a good spot to semi-afk them.
    • Eternal Weapon, upgrade 4: Defeat level 70 Expert dungeons reduced from 25 to 10. 25 is
    just not fun when there's only 5 different eligible dungeons to choose from.
    • Eternal Weapon, final upgrade: Capture 25 particles in The Blind Spot. While we cannot
    remove that objective entirely, we CAN reduce the amount of particles needed. 15 is the
    new number
    to aim for, which should be far more doable for the majority of people that
    have problems with this step in the chain. We know that it will still be hard for some people,
    but this reduction is a fair compromise without making it too easy.
    • Across the board, for weapons and helmets the other upgrade requirements has been reduced
    where needed.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 02-26-2020 at 06:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I thought Iíd get the you donít need this gear if you donít do raids etc argument. For most world content yes but some events such as those on VP/Xarth mire you do need higher level gear. At the minute on VP events Iím just pinging a few and hoping I donít aggro more than two or three mobs. In Xarth itís extremely easy to be killed given the density of mobs.
    At these events I donít see hoards of players stripping off their well earned items for lesser items because Ďthey donít need ití.
    Why Does it matter to other players anyway? Surely more better equipped players is better.
    I havenít asked for expert or raid armour gear all I ask for is that solo players are given the opportunity to complete the quests, because thatís how I see them, of upgrading three items.
    90% of rift is solo play, players like me havenít the time or inclination to raid. In my case due to circumstances I may have to leave the computer at a moments notice perhaps wiping a raid.
    If rift is to survive it needs to appeal serve everyone and every play style.
    Perhaps you should try playing a proper solo spec if this is what your issue is. Dying in Xarth? Have some self heals handy... every class at 70 can do it whether geared or not. Sacrifice a little bit of dps for a some survivability.

    You say you're not asking for expert or raid gear... but quite frankly, that's exactly what you're asking for. What's more baffling to me is you can get plenty 275 hit armor from captured intel, so you don't even need to raid for that gear and it's superior to SPE gear. You can't get the maxed out eternal weapon without grouping though and if you aren't doing group content anyway, who cares?

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    You say you're not asking for expert or raid gear... but quite frankly, that's exactly what you're asking for. What's more baffling to me is you can get plenty 275 hit armor from captured intel, so you don't even need to raid for that gear and it's superior to SPE gear. You can't get the maxed out eternal weapon without grouping though and if you aren't doing group content anyway, who cares?
    Not just intel gear, a player that doesnt raid can eventually get all the T2 raid gear from the shop and upgrade it by doing the open world weeklies from VP and Allittu.
    A non-raider can be very very well geared. Certainly geared enough to kill anything in the open world with ease, assuming you are using the correct spec of course.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I thought Iíd get the you donít need this gear if you donít do raids etc argument. For most world content yes but some events such as those on VP/Xarth mire you do need higher level gear. At the minute on VP events Iím just pinging a few and hoping I donít aggro more than two or three mobs. In Xarth itís extremely easy to be killed given the density of mobs.
    At these events I donít see hoards of players stripping off their well earned items for lesser items because Ďthey donít need ití.
    Why Does it matter to other players anyway? Surely more better equipped players is better.
    I havenít asked for expert or raid armour gear all I ask for is that solo players are given the opportunity to complete the quests, because thatís how I see them, of upgrading three items.
    90% of rift is solo play, players like me havenít the time or inclination to raid. In my case due to circumstances I may have to leave the computer at a moments notice perhaps wiping a raid.
    If rift is to survive it needs to appeal serve everyone and every play style.
    I see your point there as there (besides primalist and warlord) is no alternative for the Eternal Weapon. I would indeed support the idea of getting a *useful* stage done before being tossed into groups. the jump from purpil to turquoise is quite massive for most classes.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    A while ago (may 2019), I made a suggestion to Gamigo on some things I would love to see happen. I wrote it in the way I thought an announcement post would look like. This discussion falls pretty much into one of the categories I made. Here's the snip, you can read it all if you click the arrows
    400 Invasions can take less than 20 minutes (+/- if you go completely alone)



    -> Summarise the latest replies.

    Gear is only 1/3 rd of the performance. 1/3 rd is your build and 1/3 rd on how you use it.

    A semi decent spec and a relaxed playstyle may rely more on stats.




    Nevertheless i see your point in *being tossef into group stuff* to get gear- basics (semi last eternal stage)

    If you want to tell me your class, we can find you a list of builds for you to try out which don't rely as much on gear.

    Spoiler!
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Arthritis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    ...Surely more better equipped players is better...
    Always. In every situation.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

  14. #14
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    951

    Default

    So what I gather from this thread is that only raiders need to have a maxed eternal. All you lowly open world players aren't worthy of getting a completed weapon. Is that a fair summary of the thread?

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Arthritis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,337

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    So what I gather from this thread is that only raiders need to have a maxed eternal. All you lowly open world players aren't worthy of getting a completed weapon. Is that a fair summary of the thread?
    Only the princesses think this. They think because THEY raid that no one else can and if anyone else DAREs to raid then they MUST raid exactly as the princesses say or else.

    However, asking for further nerfing to the eternal upgrade REALLY is unreasonable considering how much it has already been nerfed...which is A LOT! This is an MMO after all which means players really SHOULD be doing group content...with a group.

    But, considering what few players were left in Rift BEFORE the MASSIVE random server lag and constant random game crashes from the weekly Cash Grab Events that have now been chased away (probably permanently) an alternative to the 25 SPEs and 6 IRotPs should be considered. Maybe replace both with 2500 rifts each or 5000 zone events each? Either, I think, would be a equitable trade seeing as getting 5 properly equipped players to run even one SPE is now near impossible.

    Every player should finish their eternal upgrade regardless if they raid. If for no other reason than to upset those of use that already have and join us in endgame content.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts