+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: rifts potential

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elitizt View Post
    Because instead of being treated like valued loyal Human customers. Players are now just seen as sheep to be sheered, cattle to be farmed.

Years ago, there was hope and intentions for a future for RIFT from the playerbase and the company's side, now it's nothing but a scam to get people to spend money as much and as fast as possible to drain them while they can.

They do underhanded and unethical things with their sales and charging credit cards, and have ridiculously bad customer service as well.

They lie to keep people on the hook by saying:
    "RIFT has BIG THINGS coming in the future. Can't tell ya any specifics,*WINK WINK* but Just you wait!...While you're waiting check out the new recolored mount in the RIFT store!"

It's no longer a relationship with mutual respect.

At this point, the way they handle things is getting downright fraudulent and criminal.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, It's like being friends with someone in kindergarden only for them to turn around and beat you up/ bully you/ steal your money in middle school. It's more like a wolf in sheeps clothing becoming the shepherd. It won't be long untill he devours all the sheep and move on to the next group of sheep to do it all over again.

Rift Master

Default Rift

I actually like the overall graphics, depending on where you are. But bright sunny days with shadows, sometimes you can see for miles and see settlements that makes you wonder who made them. I think the graphics are a little better than WoW - personal opinion, of course. I compare those two because I've been playing WoW since 2004, and Rift since 2011. ESO is not bad either, but again, lots of things are situational.

When I talk to other people, I always try and get a plug in for Rift. Who knows, maybe some will come and play here.

I recently purchased a new soul - Primalist - because it looked interesting, and I wanted something ranged other than a mage/other soul with a pet for tanking which is basically what I play in every game. I must say I was really surprised by how it plays. Love it. So much that I actually signed up and became a Patron again.

We'll see what happens. Maybe we'll have a few more years of enjoyment, in which case it will be well worth the monthly fee.

Anyway, have a good day and see you in Rift.

R7

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I actually like the overall graphics, depending on where you are. But bright sunny days with shadows, sometimes you can see for miles and see settlements that makes you wonder who made them. I think the graphics are a little better than WoW - personal opinion, of course. I compare those two because I've been playing WoW since 2004, and Rift since 2011. ESO is not bad either, but again, lots of things are situational.

When I talk to other people, I always try and get a plug in for Rift. Who knows, maybe some will come and play here.

I recently purchased a new soul - Primalist - because it looked interesting, and I wanted something ranged other than a mage/other soul with a pet for tanking which is basically what I play in every game. I must say I was really surprised by how it plays. Love it. So much that I actually signed up and became a Patron again.

We'll see what happens. Maybe we'll have a few more years of enjoyment, in which case it will be well worth the monthly fee.

Anyway, have a good day and see you in Rift.

R7
    This is also true, however there are always two sides to a coin. for many people what Elitizt said is cold hard fact, their accounts really have been suspended because they had no choice but to have the credit card companie contact gamigo about the double charges else they would have missed the rent. this is only one example but there are many many more that people simply don't know about.

The few cases I do see like this have been by chance, most people that this happens to never bother to speak up and talk about it on the forums.

Alternatively, there are people whose reality really is having fun in the game with guild members and friends, to try and change that is wrong much in the same way denying the fact that people have been mistreated is wrong. we should be trying to help each other not tear each other apart.

Also, to put things into context, when people say things like~

Because instead of being treated like valued loyal Human customers. Players are now just seen as sheep to be sheered, cattle to be farmed.

Years ago, there was hope and intentions for a future for RIFT from the playerbase and the company's side, now it's nothing but a scam to get people to spend money as much and as fast as possible to drain them while they can.

They do underhanded and unethical things with their sales and charging credit cards, and have ridiculously bad customer service as well.

They lie to keep people on the hook by saying:
    "RIFT has BIG THINGS coming in the future. Can't tell ya any specifics,*WINK WINK* but Just you wait!...While you're waiting check out the new recolored mount in the RIFT store!"

It's no longer a relationship with mutual respect.

At this point, the way they handle things is getting downright fraudulent and criminal.
    They're not talking about the people working on the game, they mean the people up above them making the business decisions, devs/CM's/APM's/ etc etc they're not talking about you, for after all, you are as we are, subject to the harsh realities of business. many of us appreciate the things you do and wish nothing but success for you.

Try and see all that is for what it is, so that we may move forward togheter.

See you all in RIFT.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 02-06-2020 at 03:03 PM.

We'll probably be having these conversations for the next three years...

Let's face it, Gamigo has hired someone new and at the same time someone is leaving the Rift Team! I'd be interested to know what this one person should do better than the previous one. I am tired of listening to the lies of an incompetent company! Gamigo should now finally say what's going on... what we can expect and what not.
    It can't be that difficult to get a road map up and running, these constant shop updates will only scare away more players.
    And what people are happy about, I ask myself more and more often... Are you brain dead? what is the point of a Newly Bought Soul if you just roam an online world by yourself anyway...
    After 1 1/2 years still nothing great happened......Battlepass hahaha, for some extra payment which is already in the game anyway...

Do not get me wrong, I also like to play rift... but without changes there is only standstill
    Last edited by Inithyel; 02-07-2020 at 05:15 AM.
    Halte dein Abenteuer am Laufen... EU-PvE/ Server:Brutwacht/Syliandra

Rift Disciple

I feel zero pressure to spend money. I never have, even when Trion was on board. As far as I can remember, you can get from start to endgame without spending money. Will it take longer? Yes. But it's possible. As much as our society is immersed in "instant gratification", that's just not reality, in many areas of life. I don't think people grow up understanding that anymore, but that's a conversation for another time.

I do agree with you here. I've read things that are not appropriate for any company to do. While I realize there are two sides to every story, when you don't get the other side, what do you have left? Not much.
    Last edited by Ambrianna; 02-07-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Inithyel View Post
    Gamigo has hired someone new and at the same time someone is leaving the Rift Team! I'd be interested to know what this one person should do better than the previous one.
    Just curious...was this posted somewhere? I never seem to know when devs come and go, lol! I always wondered how people know these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrianna View Post
    Just curious...was this posted somewhere? I never seem to know when devs come and go, lol! I always wondered how people know these things.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...announcements/

It's unclear if kerilar was hired on before Avathar decided to move on or if he's a replacement, but either way it's not a net less. Kerilar is one of the original developers going back to alpha/beta. He was still within the company when the acquisition took place, but had moved onto Defiance 2050 sometime before that. He probably has a deeper understanding on the systems and tools than most people did which isn't a slight to Avathar who likely knew almost as much by the time he left. While i can't confirm anything, there are whisperings (grain of salt) of them bringing others back or at the very least getting help from them.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

It's unclear if kerilar was hired on before Avathar decided to move on or if he's a replacement, but either way it's not a net less. Kerilar is one of the original developers going back to alpha/beta. He was still within the company when the acquisition took place, but had moved onto Defiance 2050 sometime before that. He probably has a deeper understanding on the systems and tools than most people did which isn't a slight to Avathar who likely knew almost as much by the time he left. While i can't confirm anything, there are whisperings (grain of salt) of them bringing others back or at the very least getting help from them.
    They started hiring process lately but gonna take some time for sure because some of them got a different job already and if they gonna accept the value of money gamigo gives. Time will tell for sure I hope they can make it quick.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Inithyel View Post
    We'll probably be having these conversations for the next three years...

Let's face it, Gamigo has hired someone new and at the same time someone is leaving the Rift Team! I'd be interested to know what this one person should do better than the previous one. I am tired of listening to the lies of an incompetent company! Gamigo should now finally say what's going on... what we can expect and what not.
    It can't be that difficult to get a road map up and running, these constant shop updates will only scare away more players.
    And what people are happy about, I ask myself more and more often... Are you brain dead? what is the point of a Newly Bought Soul if you just roam an online world by yourself anyway...
    After 1 1/2 years still nothing great happened......Battlepass hahaha, for some extra payment which is already in the game anyway...

Do not get me wrong, I also like to play rift... but without changes there is only standstill
    Like others have stated, there are signs for something new, though what that is exactly is not yet clear.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

Ahhhh, thank you my dear. I'll admit, I don't look there very much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrianna View Post

If a person is enjoying the game NOW, and wants to spend a little for enjoyment NOW...why is that not receiving any value in return by the customer?
    Agreed. Long before video games, teens often spent their allowances on bubble gum cards, for baseball players, football players, popular TV shows or movies, etc. That was instant gratification.

They were similar in some ways to Rift's loot boxes because you'd get lots of duplicates of common cards with a few cards kept rare so you'd keep buying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2