+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: I Miss Trion...

Default I Miss Trion...

Say wut you will, They may have been money hungry but at least they kept the servers running lol
    "You Can Never Truly Beat Someone Who Never Gives Up"

Soulwalker

Hey hey hey, This thread is about Trion... get that crap outta here

Soulwalker

I miss Trion too

Rift Disciple

You guys have short memories... Trion had some ridiculous down times and server crashes, hence why one of my toons has several compensation caches.

Rift Disciple

I agree with this. I hate Gamingo for making me miss Trion.

I think Trion went wrong was because they were a game developing company that tried their hand at free to play and they just didn't do it right. Before it went downhill they were developing content and thought.... hey we will generate enough money while developing. Put good content out there and people will pay the sub. But that didn't happen

Now that Gamingo is here we see how you need to generate revenue. Push push push. New sales, new bundles, they only focus on making money... no content. If Trion could have balanced the two maybe they could have survived. Make content and push sales and DLC bundles. Trion would make a new bundle like every quarter. Gamingo does one every few weeks.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    You guys have short memories... Trion had some ridiculous down times and server crashes, hence why one of my toons has several compensation caches.
    This! LOL! Very short memories! I think folks need to stretch back a little into this forum, and read the threads berating Trion for downtimes. DEMANDS for huge compensation (i.e., a month of patron for 4 hours of D/T. W. T. F.?? What kind of "new math" is that? LOL!) And on and on....

Thumbs up

To be honest with you, I miss Trion Worlds too. I only wish I would have started speaking in the forums sooner. Perhaps I could have spoken some sense into them and encouraged them on a better path than what they ultimately decided upon, I know for a fact my points of view align with the majority of gamers being one myself.

If only I had spoken out sooner

All that we can do now is voice our thoughts to gamigo and pray they have someone high up on the power structure with a heart and good sense of business values not yet corrupted by greed. But I highly doubt it from how I've seen them handle the customers & the direction they've taken business wise after the acquisition.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Talking about buying, Hey Taerentym can you report to the team we need more mounts :
    - each color for each mount : orange, yellow, blue, green !!!
    - little change to every mount : left eye close, right eye close, big ears, normal ears, small ears, breasts, balls !!!!!

With this the possibilities are infinite !!!

GOGOGOGO can't wait buying those fantastic mounts !

Quote Originally Posted by Skrell View Post
    I agree with this. I hate Gamingo for making me miss Trion.

I think Trion went wrong was because they were a game developing company that tried their hand at free to play and they just didn't do it right. Before it went downhill they were developing content and thought.... hey we will generate enough money while developing. Put good content out there and people will pay the sub. But that didn't happen.
    actually Trion went wrong by making Prime, giving its devs a short deadline that four devs could not possibly complete the task in said time not to mention maintain the live game in addition to that and then launching a SEVERELY broken product that required a loan they then could not repay if the project failed forcing them to sell all assets to repay the lender who pulled clause on them regarding the required success of Prime

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    To be honest with you, I miss Trion Worlds too. I only wish I would have started speaking in the forums sooner. Perhaps I could have spoken some sense into them and encouraged them on a better path than what they ultimately decided upon, I know for a fact my points of view align with the majority of gamers being one myself.

If only I had spoken out sooner
    Oh, I can assure you, a lot of people tried to talk some sense into Trion - but it takes two to play that game. I was one of the players who tried to discuss with Vladd about his wonderful planar fragment concept; and now look where we are 4 years later - Trion is gone, Vladd is gone, only the abomination he created and which we all saw coming is still there.

Trion made this game, and they destroyed it, so there is really no reason to miss them. And without Gamigo the servers would have been shut down a year ago, simply because a bancrupt company cannot pay the electricity bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrianna View Post
    This! LOL! Very short memories! I think folks need to stretch back a little into this forum, and read the threads berating Trion for downtimes. DEMANDS for huge compensation (i.e., a month of patron for 4 hours of D/T. W. T. F.?? What kind of "new math" is that? LOL!) And on and on....
    That seems like a crappy playerbase; not a crappy company... My memory isn't short in the least, you said 4 hours? They had downtimes of days not just hours, but guess wut those were few and far between when not releasing content.

Rift Disciple

someone should have "knocked on wood"

trion did not do any better of a job than Gamigo is, i remember waiting days to get back on line at times with Trion ... actually i kinda feel sorry for Gamigo, it cant be be easy being handed someone's rat nest of code be told "here make this work" ... especially with our community of players ...
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    . And without Gamigo the servers would have been shut down a year ago, simply because a bancrupt company cannot pay the electricity bills.
    Not factually correct., there were others eyeing Trion Worlds for purchase, companies like gamigo that deal in the Business to Business & Mergers/Acquisiton business models prey upon companies that were in the same state as Trion. It would have been bought out regardless. Their ability to pay the bills has nothing to do with anything. they simply didn't make the correct business decisions to encourage growth of the playerbase and didn't take the proper steps to ensure quality to further polish the product, Had they done so RIFT would be much more relevant to the market and the vultures would have found their feast elsewhere.

Gamigo is much in the same boat, though we as players of the game are in a much worse position than we were before the purchase, we're vunerable to exploitation now more than ever. Ask yourself this, what happens when the vultures don't even want what is left of the carcass? something to think about.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 01-17-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: wanted to add some more info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast