+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Community.... Ambassadors?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    Those by far are no where near close to the biggest issues of the game ... the ENTIRE game needs a rework in its systems...
    just a heads up the creator of the game engine Rift was built on, from what I have been told by gamers with more intricate knowledge a few years back, abandoned this game engine a few years after the launch of Rift, those same gamers, who have far beyond any knowledge I possess in programming, have indicated that transposing a game as bulked in content coding as ours has absolutely no chance of happening especially without terminally breaking it and costing a fortune beyond that which was paid for us in either outcome
    Last edited by Challengere; 01-06-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Big changes were already made to the engine when they revamped it + 64-bit back in Nightmare Tide. They brought in outside people to help with it to so making changes would be easier going forward. That's not to say it still isn't a bad engine, but they're able to work with it better than they could prior to that point.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Dear Gamigo.

You are not in any moral position yet to have this kind of role available in your games especially this one with it running so insufficiently. My hearts been in anxiety mode for CA's over on ArcheAge discord more times than I can count.

CA's are only a shield against continuing negativity needing to bail you out with excuses which is a CM's job they get paid for it.

Expecting people - customers/players - to do this for you for free while your games aren't running efficiently is disrespectful to everyone.

Please do not take your customers for granted this way, we deserve better.

Maybe this might change in the future? Get things going better, earn your players trust first.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2020 at 10:16 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

It's unfair to drag up things before Gamigo, I haven't not sure anyone else has in this thread has - haven't read it in its entirety.

I was just sitting on ArcheAge Unchained discord watching players rip CA's and CM's apart which made me realize how often that happened since that discord was made. It also made me realize the extent folks say stuff (I won't repeat here) and that's a game that's had new content added and have players with much thicker skin.

There use to be CA's in there every day usually 5-7, on launch day 12 along with CM's/Devs. Now there are none most days and times of the day CM's/Devs are not there a lot anymore also. One CA got employed and maybe its because of that we don't barely see anyone else now? Not sure they haven't said but if they aren't needed with all the content ArcheAge Unchained has why does Rift need them?

Anyway after watching a hateful conversation earlier about a CA I couldn't help but wonder why would any company want to do that to their players officially or have the rest of the community watching it?

Gamigo is unfortunately getting a bad name for relying on players as much as they are and I just don't want that to get worse hoping whatever decisions they make there is actually improvement which so far has not been long lived or existent at all. Nothing illogical going on just folks sharing concerns which forums is for.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2020 at 07:11 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    It's unfair to drag up things before Gamigo, I haven't not sure anyone else has in this thread has - haven't read it in its entirety.

I was just sitting on ArcheAge Unchained discord watching players rip CA's and CM's apart which made me realize how often that happened since that discord was made. It also made me realize the extent folks say stuff (I won't repeat here) and that's a game that's had new content added and have players with much thicker skin.

There use to be CA's in there every day usually 5-7, on launch day 12 along with CM's/Devs. Now there are none most days and times of the day CM's/Devs are not there a lot anymore already also. One CA got employed and maybe its because of that we don't barely see anyone else now? Not sure they haven't said but if they aren't needed with all the content ArcheAge Unchained has why does Rift need them?

Anyway after watching a hateful conversation earlier about a CA I couldn't help but wonder why would any company want to do that to their players officially or have the rest of the community watching it?

Gamigo is unfortunately getting a bad name for relying on players as much as they are and I just don't want that to get worse hoping whatever decisions they make there is actually improvement which so far has not been long lived or existent at all. Nothing illogical going on just folks sharing concerns that are current not donkey's years old or irrelevant to today.

Quite a few things in regards to this post that might help clarify things from a CM and old volunteer perspective: Volunteering does help provide you with an even higher likeliness of getting on-boarded for Community Management work, although not everything a volunteer does is equal to a CM's workload (as again, volunteering your time) you still can pick up on things from CM's along the way which will help you be better equipped for a Community Management position.

The promotion of CM Cosmo (for ArcheAge who must know) had been a Community Ambassador lead for the team and demonstrated vigorous effort to helping the ArcheAge community. Due to the large volume of players and hype that ArcheAge had received at the time they needed a lot of manpower in regards to that discord, thus the Community Ambassadors... As the CMs could moderate day and night in regards to that discord, doing so would take away from other tasks that might be time essential and need completion. The CMs I cannot speak for as their workload may differ from mine due to it being an extensively different game, as well as the developers have never been active in the chat (at least from what I noticed but I also haven't looked in a whiles) as they are developed out of house by a studio named XLGames. As the CA's would/should technically only have access to their direct superiors (CMs) it would be logical for a CM to make themselves available in case the CM team is needed for any sort of emergency.

The volunteer team is not a bad thing at all, it opens a lot of opportunity for Community Management work and a way to get into the field if you haven't already gotten experience to do so. Some people do it for the experience and some people do it out of their pure love for the game and that's okay too. No one is forcing anyone to take the position of Community Ambassador and I appreciate anyone who would apply for the position dearly. These volunteer programs are also often times seen in other games not published by gamigo as well. These programs are often good for the people who are interested and wish to get into the field of Community Management or wanting to help make a difference within their community in a positive aspect.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    The volunteer team is not a bad thing at all, it opens a lot of opportunity for Community Management work and a way to get into the field if you haven't already gotten experience to do so. Some people do it for the experience and some people do it out of their pure love for the game and that's okay too. No one is forcing anyone to take the position of Community Ambassador and I appreciate anyone who would apply for the position dearly. These volunteer programs are also often times seen in other games not published by gamigo as well. These programs are often good for the people who are interested and wish to get into the field of Community Management or wanting to help make a difference within their community in a positive aspect.
    Thanks for your insight Tae.

Cosmo is the bee's knee's

Just some background I've been playing MMORPG's for 15 years and have been writing/reviewing about many mmorpgs and other titles for some years now. I'm aware of some programs in other games but they have been instilled at their launch, peak content injection etc which still means there is concern where Rift is the quietest that folks will be mistreated more easily than say if folks were getting some content updates or had news of whose on the team etc so they are happier than they are now.

See what I am saying?

I am not saying it's bad all together I am just questioning if now works in anyone's favor long term. If its purely to actually scout for CM's then ok good luck to all regardless of outcome. Just take care of folks please!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2020 at 08:06 PM.

These programs are often good for the people who are interested and wish to get into the field of Community Management or wanting to help make a difference within their community in a positive aspect.
    Okay.... So it's essentially a tool to recruit new CMs. That's good for the people interested in that.

But what good will it do FOR RIFT having CAs? From what I can see in this post and the announcement, not much.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    as many have asked me to quote sources of so many things I have made claims to could you show the legal documentation that backs that claim I am interested in researching that possibility further
    I personally haven't made any claims against gamigo but I've been on RIFT's forum long enough to know what's going on. there have been many instances of people asking what's going on with extra charges on their credit card and taking the proper steps to get it sorted out only for something to go wrong or go with a delayed responce, here's the latest one if you want to take a peek. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-issues-4.html make sure to read all the way to at the end.

Stuff like that has been happening with RIFT since forever but the number of incidents are too high, It doesn't help that most people that this happens to, don't bother to speak out about and end up with a ban, the numbers are too high for it to be "coincidences". and before this there were people speaking out with issues with the ingame flash sales, the hour long promotion they had going.

Try asking ex trion or better yet gamigo themselves now, good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    just a heads up the creator of the game engine Rift was built on, from what I have been told by gamers with more intricate knowledge a few years back, abandoned this game engine a few years after the launch of Rift, those same gamers, who have far beyond any knowledge I possess in programming, have indicated that transposing a game as bulked in content coding as ours has absolutely no chance of happening especially without terminally breaking it and costing a fortune beyond that which was paid for us in either outcome
    I think you misunderstood what I meant by "the entire game needs to improve its systems" I meant the gameplay systems, like revamp the dungeons and get rid of the mobile "Instant Adventure" for low level players, revamp pvp so pvp progression is a thing (level 10-max) etc etc and many many more improvements, the game systems are bad by design as they stand, they need a rework.

though I do agree that the gamebryo doesn't have much room for improvement and has run its course already, an upgrade to something better (preferably something built ....in-house)....*laughs in gamigo/fallout 76* would be nice.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 01-10-2020 at 09:19 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39

Thanks for your insight Tae.

Cosmo is the bee's knee's

Just some background I've been playing MMORPG's for 15 years and have been writing/reviewing about many mmorpgs and other titles for some years now. I'm aware of some programs in other games but they have been instilled at their launch, peak content injection etc which still means there is concern where Rift is the quietest that folks will be mistreated more easily than say if folks were getting some content updates or had news of whose on the team etc so they are happier than they are now.

See what I am saying?

I am not saying it's bad all together I am just questioning if now works in anyone's favor long term. If its purely to actually scout for CM's then ok good luck to all regardless of outcome. Just take care of folks please!

Hey there! There's a rigorous process that this entire program inclines, however it's intentions are strictly pure, I knew Cosmo when Cosmo had first started CA'ing for ArcheAge through the discord and it was an absolute pleasure being around Cosmo to watch them grow as quick as they have.

As we understand what I've started calling the "crave for content" there should be no moderation regarding the want of it as it is indeed a suggestion and understandable in regards to, we did have quite a lot of issues since my arrival here like the server move that I believe was expected to be like 1-2 weeks that extended to like 3 months (I believe I joined you guys mid move however and it was already late at that point). As it technically isn't a "scout" for CMs (to my knowledge) as this experience can prove extremely useful for more companies outside of gamigo as well! The presence of Community Ambassadors will not hinder my capabilities and availability to the players at all, it should however relieve a little bit of stress among the issue.

If you do run into any issues regarding potential prejudice against you you can always contact the Community Management team for us to review it however please provide substantial evidence regarding such! I'll even look into suspicions of it if need be but please don't spam me on them ❤❤

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Okay.... So it's essentially a tool to recruit new CMs. That's good for the people interested in that.

But what good will it do FOR RIFT having CAs? From what I can see in this post and the announcement, not much.

This theoretically creates more channels for Technical and bug reports for us to further quickly compile to bring to the development team, as not all of us have our eyes and ears to every channel as soon as posts go live the CA team could prove helpful in regards to teamwork outside of CM working hours (as I volunteer my time it also makes a channel for any potential issues that I might need to reach out to the team for even faster).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I personally haven't made any claims against gamigo but I've been on RIFT's forum long enough to know what's going on. there have been many instances of people asking what's going on with extra charges on their credit card and taking the proper steps to get it sorted out only for something to go wrong or go with a delayed responce, here's the latest one if you want to take a peek. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-issues-4.html make sure to read all the way to at the end.

Often times in regards to tickets (as I've started to notice recently) is that users do not pick their game as RIFT when submitting a ticket, thus getting thrown into a large queue, do this for 6 games and it will come out to a lot of stockpiled missing tickets that flood a small few, if you have done this please let us know so we can have you processed into the right queue! I will forward this information to the team so we might be able to make a guide for you all!

I'm not saying that the double charge should have happened regardless and would have 100% been avoided had it not happen in the first place, I am talking with the teams in charge of the investigation to see what we can still do to release Sangorian's account.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hey there! There's a rigorous process that this entire program inclines, however it's intentions are strictly pure, I knew Cosmo when Cosmo had first started CA'ing for ArcheAge through the discord and it was an absolute pleasure being around Cosmo to watch them grow as quick as they have.

As we understand what I've started calling the "crave for content" there should be no moderation regarding the want of it as it is indeed a suggestion and understandable in regards to, we did have quite a lot of issues since my arrival here like the server move that I believe was expected to be like 1-2 weeks that extended to like 3 months (I believe I joined you guys mid move however and it was already late at that point). As it technically isn't a "scout" for CMs (to my knowledge) as this experience can prove extremely useful for more companies outside of gamigo as well! The presence of Community Ambassadors will not hinder my capabilities and availability to the players at all, it should however relieve a little bit of stress among the issue.

If you do run into any issues regarding potential prejudice against you you can always contact the Community Management team for us to review it however please provide substantial evidence regarding such! I'll even look into suspicions of it if need be but please don't spam me on them ❤❤.
    Um I did not mention or suggest any of these things so I'm a little confused by this entire response. I just dont think this program will go well here because folks are still upset there is no updates yet etc automatically putting CA's in the firing line. That's it. Full stop.

Not sure where the rest is coming from are you quoting the right things and responding accordingly or is something getting jumbled?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2020 at 11:23 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

Um I did not mention or suggest any of these things so I'm a little confused by this entire response. I just dont think this program will go well here because folks are still upset there is no updates yet etc putting folks in the firing line. That's it. Full stop.

Not sure where the rest is coming from are you quoting the right things and responding accordingly or is something getting jumbled?

So in regards to things getting jumbled, maybe? To me everything connects like dots but also my brain scatters the dots so I would imagine everything ties together to each subject somewhere in there, I know things initially started in the response regarding the intentions of the program and how we aren't theoretically recruiting them for CM positions however if you do wish to get into the business regarding any company's CM work, volunteer positions like this help you out a lot more than no experience at all (which is a foot in the door if you ask me!)
    (^ This whole paragraph is an example of my brain jumping and scrambling around again, it's potentially because I am tired or the 3 cups of coffee before bed)

So where I can understand that they would be "on the firing line" in regards to the title and potentially communication however they will more than likely be helping with (but not limited to) troubleshooting with players, taking down bug reports from the forums or in-game as well as ticket numbers if they're past due on a response (all to be brought up to a CM staff member for it to all be handed to the proper team) (as managing all the channels at the same time could lead to potentially missed messages or bugs in the in-game chat), and the potential to reach out to me as soon as a server potentially may be down for me to alert the team so we can get it back up and running once more. Those tasks to me should not put them on any sort of firing line, however my definition of a firing line might be different than yours.

EDIT: Also there should be updates in regards to it and I'll check in with the rest of the CM team as they take their weekends seriously (unlike me who just spends it working )
    Last edited by Taerentym; 01-10-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Thumbs up

Often times in regards to tickets (as I've started to notice recently) is that users do not pick their game as RIFT when submitting a ticket, thus getting thrown into a large queue, do this for 6 games and it will come out to a lot of stockpiled missing tickets that flood a small few, if you have done this please let us know so we can have you processed into the right queue! I will forward this information to the team so we might be able to make a guide for you all!

I'm not saying that the double charge should have happened regardless and would have 100% been avoided had it not happen in the first place, I am talking with the teams in charge of the investigation to see what we can still do to release Sangorian's account.
    I personally haven't had issues because I have not bought anything in recent times, nor will I, I'm just watching, as I do, with my popcorn ready for when plastic hits the scissors an the paper hits the shredder.

Trion got away with a lot of things too, so make sure to always have a plan B. don't lock any doors that do not need locking eh?
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 01-10-2020 at 11:25 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

So in regards to things getting jumbled, maybe? To me everything connects like dots but also my brain scatters the dots so I would imagine everything ties together to each subject somewhere in there, I know things initially started in the response regarding the intentions of the program and how we aren't theoretically recruiting them for CM positions however if you do wish to get into the business regarding any company's CM work, volunteer positions like this help you out a lot more than no experience at all (which is a foot in the door if you ask me!)
    (^ This whole paragraph is an example of my brain jumping and scrambling around again, it's potentially because I am tired or the 3 cups of coffee before bed)

So where I can understand that they would be "on the firing line" in regards to the title and potentially communication however they will more than likely be helping with (but not limited to) troubleshooting with players, taking down bug reports from the forums or in-game as well as ticket numbers if they're past due on a response (all to be brought up to a CM staff member for it to all be handed to the proper team) (as managing all the channels at the same time could lead to potentially missed messages or bugs in the in-game chat), and the potential to reach out to me as soon as a server potentially may be down for me to alert the team so we can get it back up and running once more. Those tasks to me should not put them on any sort of firing line, however my definition of a firing line might be different than yours.

EDIT: Also there should be updates in regards to it and I'll check in with the rest of the CM team as they take their weekends seriously (unlike me who just spends it working )
    Ok thanks for explaining and no thank you my days of "herding cats" online is done, its often a very thankless role to be in officially or unofficially. I prefer analyzing games these days or looking for what makes each game hype value.

Get some rest, that's not healthy at all though your time is appreciated. Cheers Tae.

This theoretically creates more channels for Technical and bug reports for us to further quickly compile to bring to the development team
    they will more than likely be helping with (but not limited to) troubleshooting with players, taking down bug reports from the forums or in-game as well as ticket numbers if they're past due on a response
    This means they will be unpaid support staff. If your Customer Service department is understaffed, hire more people. Pay them money, because it is a real job in the real world. As I wrote in the beginning of this thread, CAs will be unpaid staff. You have just proven my point, again.

But you still have not answered my question. All of this that the CAs are supposed to be doing, from all that has been written in this thread, is only things that are good FOR GAMIGO. Again, unpaid staff.

Will we get more actual information about the things we want to hear about when there are CAs? No, that will come from CMs.
    Will we get more content, faster, as indicated by the RIFT Team Letter from June 2019 (which ALSO promised better communication)? No, that will come from the devs.
    Will we get more contests and events? No, players will still be doing that without the title.

So what good will having CAs do..... FOR RIFT?
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 01-11-2020 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

A guide would be very helpul to the community, this should have been adressed a long time ago, the fact it still hasn't happend even with the faulty systems inplace speaks of a bad organizational culture or bad faith business within gamigo.

Bad Faith
    1) n. intentional dishonest act by not fulfilling legal or contractual obligations, misleading another, entering into an agreement without the intention or means to fulfill it, or violating basic standards of honesty in dealing with others. Most states recognize what is called "implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing" which is breached by acts of bad faith, for which a lawsuit may be brought (filed) for the breach (just as one might sue for breach of contract). The question of bad faith may be raised as a defense to a suit on a contract. 2) adj. when there is bad faith then a transaction is called a "bad faith" contract or "bad faith" offer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast