+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Community.... Ambassadors?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    The intention behind having volunteers is to increase the level of communication between the company and the community.
    As always, not directed at you as I'm sure you're just relaying this from whoever actually has last say on most of the decisions. The issues is that there has to be communication happening in the first place in order for CMs or CAs to relay that information. We have yet to see any real relevant communication from the top since the acquisition other than some "dev letters" which mostly repeated "soon tm" and gave us stuff that for the most part (with a few exceptions) that was already in the pipeline pre-acquisition with Trion. The most important thing we have yet to see communicated is what the future holds for Rift in the form of actual content like raids, dungeons, new zones, class/system revamps (looking at your fragments and eternal weapons) and maybe even a new level bracket.

I understand the intention, but until we actually see the people from the top tell us what's going on with the future of the game/roadmap outside of it not shutting down (which make no mistake, I and many others are grateful for), then it seems rather pointless to give out titles for people to do the stuff they're already doing. We barely see any new forum posts as it is and the news/announcements forum has been pretty dead for quite a while even with the holidays taken into consideration.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRedFoxs View Post
    Not to be a negative nancy. I see what you're saying but seeing how it is working in Archeage it doesn't work very well. Yes, it is good for like tier 1 support for basic troubleshooting to keep tickets down. But for example back in October of 2019. They had a billing cycle issue from 16-20. The team said it was fixed on the 17. But it was still happening to some people past the 17th. So people were being charged what every sub they currently had. So no one was answering tickets on this it was close to the end of the month (AKA rent was due) I was charged for a few years worth of subs. (#1298490) I tried getting a hold of a staff member about the issue. The only person I got was a CA. They told me they do not have access to talking to staff or support and they are only a volunteer. This was on the official Unchained discord. The only way I was able to get this resolved was from spamming different areas like discord,forms,soical media, and support. It wasn't till a CM on their stream saw my issue and got it partially resolved. But I was able to pay my rent on time because of it. So this is why I am very skeptical about this position is a bridge between the company and the community.

Hey there! My availability is often times, well, most of the time! You can always shoot me a PM if you do have trouble with the ticket, and I will make sure my availability to my volunteer teams (as I help manage 2 games) is almost always (as even I need sleep)! If you do run into any issues I will be available usually within 8 hours of the message you send me! I do always have my discord up (and on my phone) if you do need access to help! The team would more than likely help us provide a lot of troubleshooting information (as a lot of you already do offer and often times it's simple as a repair on RIFT). As well as answer questions of newer players to help make the CMs available for the rest of their jobs. (As we aren't just pretty faces you can often find us everywhere you just don't quite know that yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    As always, not directed at you as I'm sure you're just relaying this from whoever actually has last say on most of the decisions. The issues is that there has to be communication happening in the first place in order for CMs or CAs to relay that information. We have yet to see any real relevant communication from the top since the acquisition other than some "dev letters" which mostly repeated "soon tm" and gave us stuff that for the most part (with a few exceptions) that was already in the pipeline pre-acquisition with Trion. The most important thing we have yet to see communicated is what the future holds for Rift in the form of actual content like raids, dungeons, new zones, class/system revamps (looking at your fragments and eternal weapons) and maybe even a new level bracket.

I understand the intention, but until we actually see the people from the top tell us what's going on with the future of the game/roadmap outside of it not shutting down (which make no mistake, I and many others are grateful for), then it seems rather pointless to give out titles for people to do the stuff they're already doing. We barely see any new forum posts as it is and the news/announcements forum has been pretty dead for quite a while even with the holidays taken into consideration.

There were also unforeseen incidents like the server move which would have pushed back any plans quite a ways away. Acquisition of Trion Worlds has been rough for gamigo (as far as the teams for it go), as the transition and acquisition to gamigo had been a little rough (as well as the move to the new servers which, well was a big oopsie) definitely turned our "Soon™" to "a bit Later™" (if you wish to do the ™ it's Alt code 0153 (Hold alt down use number pad right side of keyboard hit 0 1 5 3 in that order let go of alt)) (realistically we think you all know that if not now you do ♥). Although I've said I've asked for a roadmap I'll definitely ask again (as I asked back in 2019 maybe they thought it was too late instead of looking at 2020? I'm not quite sure, worth another shot though). I can definitely ask (or Zyra whoever wishes to take upon the responsibility) to ask the team about another Devletter (maybe make them semi-annual to give an update? Quarterly? Would it be less necessary for these with a roadmap? Please let me/us know). As the holidays have passed it does take quite a bit of work and planning to do events. I'll ask (however please no hopes up on this as I'm unsure) on what we potentially can do.

Please note that just because I ask does not mean that anything will come of it however I do bring it up in hopes that they do provide for you guys it might not always be the case and you might not always hear about it, however just because you might not hear about it does not mean it also doesn't happen (it's like a sad state of limbo to leave you all in and I'm sorry for that (I have also been in this same limbo so I understand how it feels))

PS. I apologize for all the parenthesis it looks like I learned how to use them today, I did not I just felt as if annotating this much would be helpful in some shape or form. I just don't have the brainpower to construe it into an actual sentence without being all over the place. I'm also still sick which might explain the lack of coherence, brainpower, or overuse of parenthesis.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    Hey there! My availability is often times, well, most of the time! You can always shoot me a PM if you do have trouble with the ticket, and I will make sure my availability to my volunteer teams (as I help manage 2 games) is almost always (as even I need sleep)! If you do run into any issues I will be available usually within 8 hours of the message you send me! I do always have my discord up (and on my phone) if you do need access to help! The team would more than likely help us provide a lot of troubleshooting information (as a lot of you already do offer and often times it's simple as a repair on RIFT). As well as answer questions of newer players to help make the CMs available for the rest of their jobs. (As we aren't just pretty faces you can often find us everywhere you just don't quite know that yet)

There were also unforeseen incidents like the server move which would have pushed back any plans quite a ways away. Acquisition of Trion Worlds has been rough for gamigo (as far as the teams for it go), as the transition and acquisition to gamigo had been a little rough (as well as the move to the new servers which, well was a big oopsie) definitely turned our "Soon™" to "a bit Later™" (if you wish to do the ™ it's Alt code 0153 (Hold alt down use number pad right side of keyboard hit 0 1 5 3 in that order let go of alt)) (realistically we think you all know that if not now you do ♥). Although I've said I've asked for a roadmap I'll definitely ask again (as I asked back in 2019 maybe they thought it was too late instead of looking at 2020? I'm not quite sure, worth another shot though). I can definitely ask (or Zyra whoever wishes to take upon the responsibility) to ask the team about another Devletter (maybe make them semi-annual to give an update? Quarterly? Would it be less necessary for these with a roadmap? Please let me/us know). As the holidays have passed it does take quite a bit of work and planning to do events. I'll ask (however please no hopes up on this as I'm unsure) on what we potentially can do.

Please note that just because I ask does not mean that anything will come of it however I do bring it up in hopes that they do provide for you guys it might not always be the case and you might not always hear about it, however just because you might not hear about it does not mean it also doesn't happen (it's like a sad state of limbo to leave you all in and I'm sorry for that (I have also been in this same limbo so I understand how it feels))

PS. I apologize for all the parenthesis it looks like I learned how to use them today, I did not I just felt as if annotating this much would be helpful in some shape or form. I just don't have the brainpower to construe it into an actual sentence without being all over the place. I'm also still sick which might explain the lack of coherence, brainpower, or overuse of parenthesis.
    Don't forget you're also human too, don't work yourself to death for little pay and for a company with.. lets say less than egregious business practices. And don't worry about the use of parenthesis nobody here really cares about such things. though footnotes are a rare sight these days, you could give those a try.

I hope you get better soon Tae, we all love our smoothbrain public relations speach.

*No but seriously, please take care of yourself, and don't let negativity get to you. unless you're a psychopath in which case you probably don't care either way. Take care Tae

There were also unforeseen incidents like the server move which would have pushed back any plans quite a ways away. Acquisition of Trion Worlds has been rough for gamigo (as far as the teams for it go), as the transition and acquisition to gamigo had been a little rough (as well as the move to the new servers which, well was a big oopsie) definitely turned our "Soon™" to "a bit Later™"
    We understand those unforeseen things happen which has pushed back any potential content, but hence why it's important to communicate with the playerbase. Letting people know the why, how, when (even if it's a rough ETA) is better than completely leaving us in the dark. Even if you can't spill all of the specifics about something.

Although I've said I've asked for a roadmap I'll definitely ask again (as I asked back in 2019 maybe they thought it was too late instead of looking at 2020? I'm not quite sure, worth another shot though). I can definitely ask (or Zyra whoever wishes to take upon the responsibility) to ask the team about another Devletter (maybe make them semi-annual to give an update? Quarterly? Would it be less necessary for these with a roadmap? Please let me/us know). As the holidays have passed it does take quite a bit of work and planning to do events. I'll ask (however please no hopes up on this as I'm unsure) on what we potentially can do.
    I have asked Zyra directly several times about road maps and I know she herself has asked, but even if there is or isn't one, she or you for that matter wouldn't be allowed to say which is part of the problem with this lack of communication from the top. Quarterly reports and dev letters aren't going to matter much unless there's something to actually be said. While Trion also had these communication problems in the past, they would at the very least give us small teasers for things to come, especially during livestreams which have since been put on hold for who knows how long. It would be nice to see the kind of communication Archeage Unchained currently gets with their streams going forward into 2020.

Tell us what your plans are for 2020. Are we going to continue you to just see more CTA/seasonal events or are you going to tell us that you're working on new content or even system revamps like planar fragments, more/bigger balance changes, getting rid of fine tuning eternal weapons? ect ect.

As I stated above. I and I'm sure many others (including you CMs) have asked for plenty of information in regard to the games future among other things and we're used to not hearing anything back, but that's going to be a lot worse going into 2020 if the person/people at the top calling the shots don't start speaking out.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    Don't forget you're also human too, don't work yourself to death for little pay and for a company with.. lets say less than egregious business practices. And don't worry about the use of parenthesis nobody here really cares about such things. though footnotes are a rare sight these days, you could give those a try.

I hope you get better soon Tae, we all love our smoothbrain public relations speach.

*No but seriously, please take care of yourself, and don't let negativity get to you. unless you're a psychopath in which case you probably don't care either way. Take care Tae

I'm a human who definitely cares for RIFT otherwise I wouldn't be around the game almost like... Always 👀 I don't do it for the pay as I do love my job dearly I don't view it as just a paycheck rather a family and whether you like me or not I'll do everything I can to help you all and although there are times where I cannot do anymore for you guys and gals (as I've had sadly for a few and wish I could do more for them) I'm learning more and more from you all each day and the marks that Trion might have left on the community. I don't quite know how to footnote, as you stated I'm a lil' smooth brain but I don't mind the negativity as it drives me to be better or do better by you guys! Also you and everyone else please take care of yourselves as well! 😁

We understand those unforeseen things happen which has pushed back any potential content, but hence why it's important to communicate with the playerbase. Letting people know the why, how, when (even if it's a rough ETA) is better than completely leaving us in the dark. Even if you can't spill all of the specifics about something.

I have asked Zyra directly several times about road maps and I know she herself has asked, but even if there is or isn't one, she or you for that matter wouldn't be allowed to say which is part of the problem with this lack of communication from the top. Quarterly reports and dev letters aren't going to matter much unless there's something to actually be said. While Trion also had these communication problems in the past, they would at the very least give us small teasers for things to come, especially during livestreams which have since been put on hold for who knows how long. It would be nice to see the kind of communication Archeage Unchained currently gets with their streams going forward into 2020.

Tell us what your plans are for 2020. Are we going to continue you to just see more CTA/seasonal events or are you going to tell us that you're working on new content or even system revamps like planar fragments, more/bigger balance changes, getting rid of fine tuning eternal weapons? ect ect.

As I stated above. I and I'm sure many others (including you CMs) have asked for plenty of information in regard to the games future among other things and we're used to not hearing anything back, but that's going to be a lot worse going into 2020 if the person/people at the top calling the shots don't start speaking out.
    The top has spoken many, many, many times but everyone here simply doesn't want to hear it. the day they introduced battlepass into the game they spoke, the day they said they're going to focus on seasonal events they spoke, the day they mentioned the server transfer they spoke.. and how they have been treating their customers & content cretors on both here and other games speaks volumes, you all just don't want to see it.

It would be a hell of a lot better for gamigo if you guys did see, and stop complaining about things that can't be changed, this is the direction they have chosen to go and these are the consequences. I'm sure the higher ups are about ready to throw a fit from the constant bothersome problems they have to deal with here and I'm sure at some point the CM's don't even report it anymore and simply say they did. nobody wants to be annoying after all.. by the way that says a lot about things too unless you refuse to listen.

Soulwalker

If I knew that I would have contacted you guys on the rift team, much faster instead of spamming the AA team as I did. I remember when you guys had phone support and could get an issue fixed in 15mins XD. But the AA team made me lose a lot of trust with gamigo/trion. That you guys help built up with me over the last 9 years. It burnt me since I almost missed paying rent and almost had to get my 9-year-old account banned by charging back. But it looks like AA support needs a lot of help with issues. But I really do appreciate you offering to help me with other games like AA outside of Rift. To me, your team seems to hear a lot more about their community. Then other games teams do. But it will be a long time before I spend money with your company because of it and how it was handled at the time.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

The issue we run into with sharing information like that is when we would I could only foresee you all looking too much into it or us spilling too many beans and next thing you know well... The beans are out right?

The rough estimate I do agree would be nice to have never the less but another issue is that is if our team starts to fall sickly or whatnot and do not wish for things to be made public we cannot say "(blank) is pushed out because (person/medical reason)" as it's also not our place to make things public (or like on holiday when the team was out which I don't mind if anyone were to say I were to go on a holiday/vacation). I do understand the importance but there's also a touchy subject in there somewhere my smooth brain cannot comprehend (Tae.OS 6.4.1 has errored). I at least hope I made sense (not even if it's a valid point or not as again sick doesn't make me smarter).

Although we would appreciate (and I'm still going to ask regardless of how many times Zyra asked about it) a roadmap, if it doesn't happen we shouldn't talk about why it was rejected or why it would be taking so long or the amount of time it is to make or release. As a lot of planning has to be done in regards to it (and we all do have a workload we intend to complete) sometimes it could be difficult to give a date if we rely on this person and they are sick or have vacation scheduled (which would delay the roadmap but we couldn't tell you why I think? I don't know man it's all variable right now).

I would wish to start Livestreaming RIFT with the team to showcase what we offer or what we do have to offer, do raids take turns showing the grind that you all have done (although it might be a little boring to watch someone grind RIFT for hours at a time). I'm a little too sick and it might be better to start that at a later date. (I say as my vertigo kicked in and my screen spins ever so slightly back and forth)

I can tell you regardless of the plans of 2020 that the fine tuning and changes will not stop us. We will keep moving forward with our changes regardless of whatever else. If there is more to 2020 that meets the eye, that's what me asking for the roadmap will be for (so that we can see where we're headed).

We cannot make people at the top speak out in regards to anything new. That being said it doesn't mean we cannot keep asking them in regards to what is going on or why and for a public response (told preferably by us the CMs) we do ask for quite a lot but it also is understandable when they cannot give it all. It checks and balances but it doesn't mean we give up on trying for you guys. (Again I hope that made sense?) I wish to keep you all here with us for 2020 whatever it may hold for everyone involved, I also wish for it to be only an increase in fun and population for the years to come (and I wish for more wishes genie). This isn't meant to be inspiring by the way. I understand the power and passion behind all of you typing and it doesn't go unread or pushed off. I do ask about everything on my list (I also gotta poke my bosses maybe even the rest of the team to see if I can copy paste all from my list that I bring up to the team to a google doc or something for you all to see and it's progress) and update it quite regularly with all of your guys' suggestions bugs and potential exploits you have to report. The more you have the longer the meeting goes though I must add (and the longer I need to talk) but at least the information is out there and even written down if they wish to read it at a later date.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

The top has spoken many, many, many times but everyone here simply doesn't want to hear it. the day they introduced battlepass into the game they spoke, the day they said they're going to focus on seasonal events they spoke, the day they mentioned the server transfer they spoke.. and how they have been treating their customers & content cretors on both here and other games speaks volumes, you all just don't want to see it.

It would be a hell of a lot better for gamigo if you guys did see, and stop complaining about things that can't be changed, this is the direction they have chosen to go and these are the consequences. I'm sure the higher ups are about ready to throw a fit from the constant bothersome problems they have to deal with here and I'm sure at some point the CM's don't even report it anymore and simply say they did. nobody wants to be annoying after all.. by the way that says a lot about things too unless you refuse to listen.
    First off to everyone on devtracker or reading this forum I'm so sorry for how many comments I posted without refreshing this page to see who else commented to make one really big reply.

Secondly I don't mind being annoying if it means that it helps provide a better atmosphere to 1) work in and 2) for the players as I do understand the high tensions regarding a roadmap and knowing where we are heading. Just because we are on the path also doesn't mean the other path isn't too far away. There is always time for change all you have to be is the reason for the change. (I don't know where I got that from but it sounded great) I don't imagine the higher ups have an issue with it being brought up. As it is the CM's job to report the issues not only would I bring it up again but because if even 1 user wants it on the forums there could be dozens in the game who could wish for this change as well and just do not know about it being on the forums. Everyone has a voice (and the community ambassadors will also help it be heard as you would often find them in the game or often times available with issues concerns they could point you to me if it's out of their reach!)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRedFoxs View Post
    If I knew that I would have contacted you guys on the rift team, much faster instead of spamming the AA team as I did. I remember when you guys had phone support and could get an issue fixed in 15mins XD. But the AA team made me lose a lot of trust with gamigo/trion. That you guys help built up with me over the last 9 years. It burnt me since I almost missed paying rent and almost had to get my 9-year-old account banned by charging back. But it looks like AA support needs a lot of help with issues. But I really do appreciate you offering to help me with other games like AA outside of Rift. To me, your team seems to hear a lot more about their community. Then other games teams do. But it will be a long time before I spend money with your company because of it and how it was handled at the time.

Agent, I would consider myself the most available CM (at least on RIFT), I love my job the community you guys share. I do help whoever however I can even if it's not my department or within my power to be doing so. (This is that whole, just because you can doesn't mean you should saying) ArcheAge is about their community as well they just have a much larger community on their hands spanning 2 games! Also it is understandable your cautious on purchasing I do wish we can provide you a more comfortable atmosphere for you all to go to with issues (for Customer Support).

We cannot make people at the top speak out in regards to anything new. That being said it doesn't mean we cannot keep asking them in regards to what is going on or why and for a public response
    Sooooo basically like we players have been doing since...... the start?

As it is the CM's job to report the issues not only would I bring it up again but because if even 1 user wants it on the forums there could be dozens in the game who could wish for this change as well and just do not know about it being on the forums.
    I am just one player. I have asked and asked and asked, over and over and over again, for information on what the future brings. Still nothing. After more than a year. Through several CMs, we have been told, in one way or the other, to "Please Wait Some More". So much so that it is a dead horse. Not even "Please Wait Some More™" would make a difference now.

But all of this is actually irrelevant in this thread. This is about the CAs. Now that Zyra has posted that they're also intended as yet another middleman regarding information that doesn't come anyway, I find the whole concept even more useless. Again, people are already doing a lot of the things, there is absolutely no reason to slap on a forum title and maybe give the username a new colour. Nothing good will come from it. And specifically for the information part, what good is adding ANOTHER step in the information chain going to do? If the higher ups decide that we CAN get some information, why not have it come straight from the official employees of Gamigo, in this case the CMs? Why should the CAs be one of the possible sources of information? I mean, they would need to get their information from somewhere and the most likely source for them would be the CMs anyway, so why not skip the CA step and just go with option A in my above example? What you're trying to do here is more like option B...

While I AM open to the idea of a better flow of communication, I just don't see it happening. If Gamigo was actually interested in that, they would have followed the words from AnneBonny quoted in my sig below. There's a reason I have that specific quote followed by those specific words and that specific emote. We shouldn't even be having this discussion over a year after Gamigo taking over. It should just have happened naturally, last year. 2019. Not sometime in 2020, maybe 2023.

Edit to add:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5367099
    This bit says it all
    CCP's players got words from the man himself, stating what would happen and how it would affect the future. Trion's players got...... nothing.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 01-06-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Sooooo basically like we players have been doing since...... the start?

I am just one player. I have asked and asked and asked, over and over and over again, for information on what the future brings. Still nothing. After more than a year. Through several CMs, we have been told, in one way or the other, to "Please Wait Some More". So much so that it is a dead horse. Not even "Please Wait Some More™" would make a difference now.

But all of this is actually irrelevant in this thread. This is about the CAs. Now that Zyra has posted that they're also intended as yet another middleman regarding information that doesn't come anyway, I find the whole concept even more useless. Again, people are already doing a lot of the things, there is absolutely no reason to slap on a forum title and maybe give the username a new colour. Nothing good will come from it. And specifically for the information part, what good is adding ANOTHER step in the information chain going to do? If the higher ups decide that we CAN get some information, why not have it come straight from the official employees of Gamigo, in this case the CMs? Why should the CAs be one of the possible sources of information? I mean, they would need to get their information from somewhere and the most likely source for them would be the CMs anyway, so why not skip the CA step and just go with option A in my above example? What you're trying to do here is more like option B...

While I AM open to the idea of a better flow of communication, I just don't see it happening. If Gamigo was actually interested in that, they would have followed the words from AnneBonny quoted in my sig below. There's a reason I have that specific quote followed by those specific words and that specific emote. We shouldn't even be having this discussion over a year after Gamigo taking over. It should just have happened naturally, last year. 2019. Not sometime in 2020, maybe 2023.

Edit to add:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5367099
    This bit says it all

All of those posts being before my time of which I was unaware of their existence prior to now. If there were unforeseen incidents of which were brought up earlier like the server move taking much longer than anticipated it would make sense that things would take much longer in regards to any roadmap.

The CA's will report to us, any big news regarding like server restarts patches and big news and announcements will almost if not always go through the CM's. Just because there will be a CA team does not mean that it will stop any contact to the CM's. I still get PMed on my other discord with my volunteer team almost always active on the discord as well, I don't mind responding however if it's a tech support issue or it's on the forum regarding an issue it doesn't mean we would have to necessarily reply as they should also know the game as well as we do (if not a lot better). The CA team should not be bothering anyone else unless specifically asked to bother someone else (like Acalos or Avathar in which will be seldom to absolutely never) (this does not mean if Acalos or Avathar talks with you means that you cannot talk with them as well, we are not restricting the CA's in this sense just to be smart around work hours for the rest of the team to be the least bothered). This paragraph being summed up, the CA team will not be a source for information on important things like patch notes and server restarts as those are to be handled by the CM team (and are just examples as there is to be more). They are to be more information on the game itself and helping users who need help to be plainly put, as there are people who tend to try and push people into one direction or another they will have more of a neutral position and be able to relate to the community more.

Just because how communication is now is how it was last year does not mean it's incapable of change for as soon as tomorrow (again an example no guarantees) or in a week if we are told. Depending on the part of the post you were quoting. As for your quote is confusing in regards to your post as a whole? As CCP was not in the position of gamigo as CCP was getting bought out, rather CCP was in the position of Trion Worlds. Maybe I'm reading it too literally to be understanding what you mean. (However this also isn't the place to be getting into the semantics of that not like it's punishable as it isn't an official gamigo post)

All of those posts being before my time of which I was unaware of their existence prior to now. If there were unforeseen incidents of which were brought up earlier like the server move taking much longer than anticipated it would make sense that things would take much longer in regards to any roadmap.
    NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING has happened that has prevented the higher ups at Gamigo from speaking about their future plans. Not even the server moves or multiple crashes or gigantic amount of support tickets could have prevented the higher ups from posting ANYTHING useful. Not before your time, not during your time, not NOW. Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING is preventing them from doing that. The fact that they don't can really only be interpreted as them not wanting to. So let's leave those arguments and that discussion to die a slow death right now.

any big news regarding like server restarts patches and big news and announcements will almost if not always go through the CM's.
    My point exactly.
    The CA team should not be bothering anyone else unless specifically asked to bother someone else (like Acalos or Avathar in which will be seldom to absolutely never)
    Also my point exactly.
    They are to be more information on the game itself and helping users who need help
    Which is what a lot of users already do. If you see people push newbies in a certain direction, it's because there really is no need to spend too much time on areas that you THINK is good for you but really doesn't mean a thing in the end. Like going to Ember Isle. Sure, it's a nice place, lots of fun quests and nice gear and all that. But once you get a level or two, the gear is absolutely useless and at 70 it doesn't matter if you ever set foot there or not. So people usually tell new folks to not bother with Ember until they're higher level and can do the stuff more easily for FUN rather than actual upgrades. Stuff like that. Why bother making CAs to help out when regular players already help out, just by being themselves?

Just because how communication is now is how it was last year does not mean it's incapable of change for as soon as tomorrow (again an example no guarantees) or in a week if we are told.
    Yes, IF you are told. Again, and I do mean this literally: I do not SEE IT HAPPENING. It is not happening today. It didn't happen yesterday. I have absolutely no reason to believe it will happen tomorrow. Or a week, month or year from now. And again, my signature. Follow the link. Check the posting date. Read the entire post if you want to. Very few things from that post actually happened as written and most still haven't happened at all. Why should we believe this will change juuuuuust because there's suddenly Community Ambassadors running around?

Maybe I'm reading it too literally to be understanding what you mean.
    Okay.... Let me spell it out for you.

CCP makes EVE Online. Something happened that CCP believed had a biiiiig impact on their future. The CEO of CCP, the one person in charge of not just EVE, but EVERYTHING CCP DOES, sat down, wrote a post, explaining in great detail WHAT, WHY and HOW. And he did it before it happened, so people had a chance to think about it and discuss it.

When Gamigo took over Trion, it was an entirely different scenario. But what did we players get of information? Nothing like that. We got the post I have in my signature. Copy/pasted to all Trion game forums. From a random person that haven't posted since. We have no clue who is in charge of RIFT (we know the ASSISTANT Product Manager, but who is the actual Product Manager?). We have no clue what the plan for the future is. We don't even know if there IS a plan and it seems like you don't either. Or anyone else at Gamigo for that matter. Because we are STILL being brickwalled from higher up. We STILL do not get any kind of useful information. We STILL get CMs saying things are coming soon, even though things haven't come at all. Everything we know, we get from sources outside of the official RIFT website. Not from Gamigo directly. Unlike the players of EVE which got their info straight from the CEO on the official EVE website. Can you see the difference?

IF new things come out, there's no news post giving a preview. There's no "here is how this thing works, go have fun". No preview of what you can get for doing the thing. PREview. There's the AFTERview of things from the Battle Pass, which was just a post in the "announcement" that the BP had hit the PTS. Not even an official newspost with good pictures and detailed explanation. Heck, I made the feedback thread for BP1 and that was far more detailed than anything Gamigo has put out so far regarding anything. Most of the yearly/weekend events DO get a newspost, but Enclave of Ahnket just got dropped on the Live server after, what, a week or two of testing? It was still buggy as hell, but not a single word in the newsposts that it was actually released. THAT is the level of communication we're dealing with here and have been for the past year and a bit.

The point is..... Community Ambassadors, as outlined both in the original post and follow ups from you and Zyra, are not really useful for Rift at this point in time. The community is too small for them to be needed and what few players there are, already does MOST of the stuff a CA would be doing. As CMs, you should have PLENTY of time to take care of the rest, because let's be honest, not a lot is happening that is worth talking about. And until you get cleared to talk about the future, there's no need for you to make all sorts of fancy news posts. You can easily deal with everything you need to do in a matter of hours. Adding CAs will make no difference. So don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

the biggest issue is the Soon™ and In the Near Future™ need less generalizations like Upcoming Content™ and New Content™ and start giving specifics like
    71-75 content,
    or T3 Raid,
    or 66-70 PAs,
    or Chondritic Armor for all slots,
    or less random Frags that cost a fortune to upgrade,
    or fixes for classes that get rid of nerfs made for PvP balance in the past that should have been universal instead of
    pin pointed,
    or T2 Eternal Upgrade path

start with a more specific focus that we can put expectations you dread hate and fear and I will tell you what use we have for CAs
    Last edited by Challengere; 01-06-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    the biggest issue is the Soon™ and In the Near Future™ need less generalizations like Upcoming Content™ and New Content™ and start giving specifics like
    71-75 content,
    or T3 Raid,
    or 66-70 PAs,
    or Chondritic Armor for all slots,
    or less random Frags that cost a fortune to upgrade,
    or fixes for classes that get rid of nerfs made for PvP balance in the past that should have been universal instead of
    pin pointed,
    or T2 Eternal Upgrade path

start with a more specific focus that we can put expectations you dread hate and fear and I will tell you what use we have for CAs
    Those by far are no where near close to the biggest issues of the game but they are issues nonetheless, Gamigo is flying under the radar now but if they don't get things in order and sorted out there's a good chance they will run into legal trouble, It's only a matter of time. though to be fair the fact they haven't already is working in their favor.

Also the ENTIRE game needs a rework in its systems, and.. yeah.. good luck with that when people feel like they've been victims of credit card fraud, of which there are many.

... legal trouble, It's only a matter of time. though to be fair the fact they haven't already is working in their favor.

... victims of credit card fraud, of which there are many.
    as many have asked me to quote sources of so many things I have made claims to could you show the legal documentation that backs that claim I am interested in researching that possibility further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast