• 3 Post By Skrell
  • 1 Post By Skrell
  • 1 Post By Skrell
  • 1 Post By Kuick

Thread: Today 2 hour patch

Soulwalker

Default Today 2 hour patch

For:

Fixed incorrect description of Autumn Harvest Power Pack in French and German.
    Fixed incorrect description of Laethys Indulgence Power Pack in French and German.

?

Nothing else? Not a smallest thing? Just few typos, 2 hours downtime?

Enquiring minds want to know - what Rift devs do all day long? There is no content, no bug fixes, no bigger patches to mention?

Facebook, twitter, instagram - "YOLO at my work, posing with this new t-shirt, yo yo #working" men"

Soulwalker

These downtimes are also for a server restart and maintenance, not entirely for an update to install. Haven't you ever considered every other Wednesday downtime where there was no patch?

In the past weekly "maintenance" has been skipped with poor results, such as weekend crashes with caretakers that seemed to know only shutdown and restart. I'm not sure what "maintenance" encompasses, but if I was guessing it would be unallocating lost memory and defragmentating the database and ensuring all needed computer resources are available and properly backed up.

It's been this way for years. I would think if there were an easy way around it it would have been invented by now. It costs money to pay the technicians that do it every week... that's a big incentive for a business.

Sure, in a perfect world with perfect systems this would be unnecessary. I'm not sure I will last on this earth long enough to see a technical nirvana emerge... I will happily take the practical solution I can get now.

Shadowlander

These patch notes didn't even warrant a thread. Fixing typos shouldn't be important enough to make it into patch notes, the fact that it is in RIFT just shows how little work is actually getting done on the game.

if the server is now in the cloud then why do we need a server restart? isn't that rolled into googles responsibility list list somehow now?
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Desperado@wolfsbane
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    if the server is now in the cloud then why do we need a server restart? isn't that rolled into googles responsibility list list somehow now?
    Its been on cloud for a few years know, it was on aws before gcp. And the servers still need a restard regardless of if they are on the cloud or physical server.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Disciple

They absolutely do not warrant a thread. But they want to give off the appearance that they are actually doing something. See.... look you wanted patch's, here ya go!!

The way they lead off with their posts as well is extremely condescending. With the last one as "spicy patch notes" for absolutely nothing, then "It's late at night and we've got a set of fixes coming your way! ". They try to make it seem like a big deal that they changed something but then you read it and it is actually nothing.

Our complaints were you do not do any patch's, all you do is sit around and try to find ways to suck money out of people. Then their one patch they do is what??? Look we fixed some wording on the things we are trying to push to sell. Seriously??? Tell me that is not a slap in all our faces.

I firmly believe that Tae is mocking the community at this point. I even sent Tae a PM telling this person the way they are coming off the last time they did it. They keep doing it, so there is no doubt that is what is going on.
    Last edited by Skrell; 12-06-2019 at 05:46 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Awww c'mon guysTae is just having fun. I was curious what was spicy and why typo's were important but it's also a "whatever /shrug" kind of deal, awkward more than anything else

Every group needs that one awkward person right or is that role already taken?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Awww c'mon guysTae is just having fun. I was curious what was spicy and why typo's were important but it's also a "whatever /shrug" kind of deal, awkward more than anything else

Every group needs that one awkward person right or is that role already taken?
    Except when you specifically tell them that people are finding it off putting and yet they still do it.
    Last edited by Skrell; 12-06-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

I would also like to make another point. A lot of us are very upset at how this game has gone. We are frustrated and are sadists I guess 'cause we stick around. We want the game to be better, we want those in charge of this game to want the game to be better.

But for people who are suppose to be here to make the community feel better they just brush our complaints off and seem like they do not really care. When they try to make things like the patch notes seem so awesome when they are not even worthy of a post it gives off the appearance that they do not want this game to get better.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

All points are valid I just don't think we should take EVERYTHING so personally or so damn seriously however I do get we don't really know them. Again it's all awkward I just feel bad for them because their back was against a wall before they even got here and they are obviously just trying to get along with us within the boundaries of their employment.

Seems a shame to put them down harshly. At the same time we can ask whatever we like but they don't have to do squat.

Anyways maybe they'll listen for next time? Not sure. Have a good weekend.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-06-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Relax guys, The game is healthy, balanced, it's not broken, the population is there, the devs really care about the game and us, they're not trying to milk money with the recent 50 usd baggling pack. So let's all go and buy it as well as everything they have on sale because the game is clearly the best game out there. Rift has so much content. It's not like we are doing a raid dungeon over and over for years....right?.....right?

+ Reply to Thread