• 4 Post By WildKatt
  • 1 Post By Dizbo
  • 2 Post By Dizbo
  • 5 Post By aileen
  • 3 Post By Lyedanpol
  • 2 Post By Challengere

Thread: Gamingo's Q3 Report: 1 July - 30 Sept

Default Gamingo's Q3 Report: 1 July - 30 Sept

Q3 Report: 1 July - 30 Sept - pub. Nov. 29th. Q4 Report: end of January 2020.

See below for a couple of the highlights.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Gamingo's Q3 Report: 1 July - 30 Sept-screenshot_3.jpg

$$$ tasty money tasty dollavs $$$
    Last edited by Omerr; 12-02-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Rift Chaser

Default Thanks Dizbo- but Rift is not mentioned...

OK- I know it is a quarterly report. I know it is supposed to read like a performance review or a resume. That said- the darlings ArchAge and Trove were mentioned... but not Rift. I do not think the present population of Rift (which admittedly Trion did a good job gutting) will motivate Gamigo to put a lot of dollars into the game. Keep the lights on- sure. Light development- sure. Much more would take investment- and I doubt the risk is palatable with the population we have. Advertising and marketing helps customer interest and branding. I do not see a lot of that either. Looks like more of the same to me.

Gamigo is a glue factory for retired racehorses. Anyone putting any money into them or expecting them to do anything positive or ethical is being naive. They don't bank on customer satisfaction. They bank on blind loyalty/addiction to the game for customer retention. The whole empty con of "We can't tell you what we have planned, you just have to wait!" is just enough to keep the cattle grazing in the pastures. They don't value any of their customers.
    Last edited by Elitizt; 12-02-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    There are 3 types of people in this world...
    1. People with buttons
    2. People who like to push buttons

Soulwalker

What's really sad is that I do want to get back into this game and play...but I want to play knowing there will be future content. Based on what they stated in their report about the employees for AA and Trove...the CMs can say Rift is developing dungeons, expansions, etc. until their fingers develop carpal tunnel...but until I see that stuff announced and SHOWN...I refuse to believe there are actually any content development for Rift beyond marketplace items.

So far, Gamingo has been all lip service and nothing of value beyond market place adds.
    Last edited by Guyverarmor; 12-02-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    but I want to play knowing there will be future content.
    they said here and there that there would be content. it's just that your idea of content and there idea of content may not be the same ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Desperado@wolfsbane
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Last edited by Omerr; 12-03-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Gamingo is a clean up crew for dying games. They are a low risk investment company that sweeps in and picks up games for pennies (not literally) and then implements tactics they have developed over the years to keep the game relevant with minimal effort for as long as possible.

Think of them like the ppl who come in and buy foreclosed houses that are rundown and need to be renovated. They buy the house, put on some fresh paint, maybe some new carpet and windows... and then rent it out until it falls down.

There is no real future for this game anymore sadly. The game will be around, probably for a long time (unless the micro transaction profits drop too low) but there will never again be any substantial content for this game unless it is in the form of micro... er macro transactions. It is very sad and disappointing.

I have wanted a reason t o come back to this game for a few years now and I could never bring myself to because of the dwindling population, the cash shop, and nickle and dimeing constantly. Not to mention the slow down of content and the lack of streamlining or balancing of classes.

Rift was a great game in it's day and I will never forget all the amazing people I met and raided with. But, this game is dead to me now and honestly it is nothing but a zombie now being forced to go on. a hollow rotting husk that only wants to feed off those who are too loyal to run
    HotGarbage | Healer | PRIME

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    ---
    Great find Omerr, thank you for sharing! After listening and reviewing the written report again I am sharing:

1. Looks like Gamingo is doing some in-house product development
    Spoiler!

2. They have their eye on the profits of the biggest MMO's
    Spoiler!

After re-launching Archeage: Unchained as a bt2p model option [while keeping the ftp version] it is representing 2% of revenue, AA (f2p) itself is 11% of their revenue. [corrected per Aileen, ty]

They referred to it as the "Role Model", probably to see if it can be profitable before pursuing other MMO work, I'm guessing adding to product development.
    Last edited by Dizbo; Today at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    OK- I know it is a quarterly report. I know it is supposed to read like a performance review or a resume. That said- the darlings ArchAge and Trove were mentioned... but not Rift. I do not think the present population of Rift (which admittedly Trion did a good job gutting) will motivate Gamigo to put a lot of dollars into the game. Keep the lights on- sure. Light development- sure. Much more would take investment- and I doubt the risk is palatable with the population we have. Advertising and marketing helps customer interest and branding. I do not see a lot of that either. Looks like more of the same to me.
    --------
    I think they have very strong marketing arms.
    But looks like they solely focused on the b2p launch of Archeage Unchained first to test the MMO market.

You have the million dollar question.

Will they be motivated.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 12-03-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    ---
    After re-launching Archeage: Unchained as a bt2p model option [while keeping the ftp version] it is representing 11% of their revenue.

They referred to it as the "Role Model", probably to see if it can be profitable before pursuing other MMO work, I'm guessing adding to product development.
    AAU is representing their 2% of revenue, AA (f2p) itself is 11%.

This still gives 13% total for AA brand, meanwhile Defiance categorized together like Defiance 2050 not getting direct mentioning still 3% and behind of RIFT.

Actually from that report what's more amazing is, Trion titles representing 35% of revenue while revenue is not same as profit, this is still showing that if Trion titles managed properly had so much potential and considering rumoured amount of how much they were costing to gamigo, it makes the situation more awkward.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Default This is where RIFT is at.

Pre-Gamigo (Thanks "micro" transactions/Freemium/mobile)

And this is why mmo's are dying. (thanks micro transactions/monetization systems)

https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...ome-to-gamigo/

" Our product teams are working hard to give new players and veterans thrilling quests and adventures to enjoy with their friends. There will be new areas to crawl through, new items to experiment with and much more! Here at gamigo one team broods over destructive weapons from dusk till dawn, while their office neighbors – and sworn archenemies – spend the entire day inventing new crafting materials. In the world of gamigo, titles like ArcheAgeŠ and Trove won’t just continue to run, they will continue to evolve. "

" It's not process, It's content" ~Steve Jobs
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; Yesterday at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    they said here and there that there would be content. it's just that your idea of content and there idea of content may not be the same ...
    you give them so much credit for using words and translating what that means based on our expectations

giving us content as a business model means a new expansion not class balances and rehashed seasonal events

yes content has definitions in this case but giving us content versus modifying existing content for us are very clear differences,

putting new things in the store is also re-skinning existing material and still does not constitute "NEW" in the matters of game progressing content

Prius Online did this to the US once, while it ran to nearly 350 levels of game play in Korea, Japan and Germany, it only reached 85 levels in the US and then shut down after leaving us hanging for over a year

I played many 2009 Betas that went the same way, when the game couldn't hold on it stayed there for over a year before calling it quits with the same promises

Blade and Soul went almost three years in Asia before opening to the US and upon its launched hosted nearly 50% botters and sank the game into oblivion

Divine Souls opened up with Outspark who after a year in open beta couldn't pull off the game sold it to Gameprix who has been sitting on it leeching whatever they can get for nearly 5yrs now which is what Gamigo is hoping to do with us knowing how devoted our fan base is

look at history and the facts in front of us, its depressing and no one wants to face it but considering Taerentym and Zyra also work for other projects you can generally conclude they only appear here to give the vague messages Gamigo hopes to prey on our loyalty with, I would have quit my job over malicious tactics and business practices like that,

can you say Enron?

+ Reply to Thread