+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What to expect when dealing with Customer Service and a borked event

Default What to expect when dealing with Customer Service and a borked event

Recently Gamigo had a 1 hour long double credits flash sale. These types of sales tactics are made to incur a sense of urgency and impulse buy into players.

This event was very poorly worded, poorly implemented, and poorly handled and it caused a ton of confusion. The ingame announcement was lacking specific and important details.

It just said "1 hour to get double credits, check website for more details."
    They didn't mention which specific website address to go to for details(and RIFT has at least 3 different websites it is connected to.) Not only that, the ingame announcement didn't have a timestamp of the start and the end of the 1 hour long window.
    The announcement was made multiple times. Each announcement just said "1 hour" which made it seem like it implied 1 hour from the time of each announcement.

There was statements made that the double credits wouldnt show up on your receipt but not to worry because Gamigo would in fact be giving you double credits(aside formt he $9.99 pack since it wasn't included in the deal for some reason)

There was known issues with the website where you add new payment info. The site defaulted to http, but needed to be the https site to be secure to add info.

I personally got hung up dealing with this issue. I tried multiple workaround attempts to get it to work. I initially tried multiple cards, thinking maybe something was wrong there. I installed new browsers trying to get it to work that way. Finally i noticed the http issue and manually changed it to https, and finally got it to work. With my new payment info added i returned ingame and saw that the "1 hour to get double credits" announcements had just recently been posted again. I assumed that the flash sale was still live. Initially, I was going to buy the $99.99 credit pack, but after all of the issues with the payment info website i didn't want to take that big of a risk on anything. I went ahead and grabbed the $19.99 credit pack. I did not receive my additional double credits. I had missed the window by a mere couple minutes.

I put in a ticket with customer service and then I got on the HoT discord and personally messaged some of the CM's to see if i could get any help with the situation. All of the CM's seemed to genuinely want to be helpful and seemed to understand that this situation was just sloppy misunderstanding. Everyone that was aware of the situation seemed to come to the consensus that the flash sale was a ****show, but also everyone thought that it should be a no brainer that Gamigo would just credit the accounts the double credits after they got better communication and fully understood all the hiccups that arose with this sale. I was reassured that everything would be "fine". They(the CM's, NOT Customer Service) answered some of my questions that friday, and i tried to wait patiently until i finally got a reply on the following monday from Customer Service.

The email i received from customer service was a soulless copy pasta that simply stated the time of the flash sale and said that any purchases made out side the window weren't eligible for the double credits. They didn't acknowledge ANY of the issues that I had brought up in the initial ticket and took no fault whatsoever. They were refusing to just do the decent thing and honor the deal.
    Also, they didn't give me an option for refund or anything. If you do a chargeback through your card company, your account will be suspended/banned. So they left me no options at all.
    Irate with how unacceptable and ridiculous the whole situation was, I responded tot the CS email, trying to get some rational common sense through their stonewalling.

Once again i had to wait and wait for a response, and the response that i received was just more apathetic stonewalling with this little gem tacked on to the bottom:
    "We apologize for this and have forwarded your feedback to the relevant department for future improvement."

I respond yet again to the soulless cs email. I address the fact that their response is unacceptable, ridiculous and flat out disrespectful. I hammer the fact that their apologies and "forwarded feedback for FUTURE improvement" is completely worthless and does nothing to help the fact that they have ripped me off out of money/credits/time/frustration. The future improvement doesn't fix the issue that has already happens and demands attention.

Below is the final email i have received from Customer service:

"Greetings,

We are very sorry, however as we are unable to assist with a refund or a compensation.

Sincerely,

Claire"

THIS is how they choose to deal with customers.
    THIS is how much they value you.
    THIS is exactly what you can expect when you give them any money.

Be very aware that this is how they run things at Gamigo/RIFT. It could've been a simple fix. All they had to do was just honor the deal that was sloppy at best. Instead of doing something that would have made everyone involved happy, they decide to go down the worst route possible. They will never strive for customer satisfaction or do the right thing. I just hope my situation will be a lesson to anyone considering opening their wallets in the future. This is the treatment you can expect to happen to you as well.
    Last edited by Elitizt; 11-30-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in this world...
    1. People with buttons
    2. People who like to push buttons

Rift Disciple

Ever since SFP launched I have refused to buy and will still refuse to buy in game currency and items. Gamigo can throw everything in the store into a bundle for 5 usd and I still wouldn't buy it because the game is just as good as dead. This issue is now added to the list of the many reasons why I don't support the game anymore. They appear to be just as greedy, money hungry, bullying (maybe) and childish as one great player once said.

The trionworlds website did say from 4-5 though. Not sure if you saw that same page.

I would've been well within the time window, but THEIR payment info website was broken.
    The information was severely lacking, very confusing,and very unprofessional.

They didn't give a specific website address in the in-game announcement, just generically said "check the website for more info".
    This is kind of crappy in it's self, because in a impulse buy flash sale you're being rushed to hurry up and buy or fear missing out. You're being urged to hurry up and not stop and smell the roses.

Not only that, but not giving the specific website address, you have to hurriedly try to find which is the right website and where IN those websites the info is buried. That all takes time. You would think Gamigo would have RIFT on their website, but they don't. There is the Glyph website and the trionworlds website as well. The Glyph website or the webstore had/has a "One time only Bonus credit" type sale on it at the same time. This is all murky and confusing.

So it's pretty disingenuous to say, "well their website did say from 4-5" in their defense.

The server announcements neglected to mention a start time or a stop time, and failed to mention a specific website address to find the information. That information could have all been easily mentioned in the in-game announcement. Plus, it makes a LOT more sense for each announcement to be on a countdown timer, to clearly and concisely communicate how much time was left.

I will say, none of the the pertinent information was on the payment info page. THAT's the where i was, stuck in a seemingly endless loop of time-eating failure. I didn't have time to try and dig that page up even if i knew where it was at, because i had my hands full trying to get their "add new payment info" page working.

Multiply all of this with the frustration/stress/timesink/time pressure of trying to get their broken payment info website to work, while you are just trying to get the damned thing to work. It's not unreasonable to think that Gamigo would just be human, admit that they whole thing was a mess and honor the deal.
    Last edited by Elitizt; 11-30-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    1. People with buttons

Rift Disciple

And I completely agree with you. I'm not surprised at the lack of proper communication when it comes to important details though. Hell, I'm not even surprised that the game is falling apart. At this point it's a miracle that the game even manages to launch. But then comes the server crashes.

Anyways. In no way am I defending gamigo nor I intend to do so. I simply just said that their trionworlds website does state 4-5 and I wasn't sure if you saw that part or website. They need to at the very least add a forum post with all the links and info needed for players to have an easy experience. Also, a 1 hr sale? really? why not do the whole day? They already put in a one time purchase restriction. A lot of people work, spend time with family etc. Oh well, I don't even play rift as much anymore so all this is irrelevant to me. I just come to the forums to give my opinion where I feel like posting.

I hope you're able to get over this soon and wish you the best.

There were 2 sales. One of them was early in the morning and was announced literally at the start of it's 1 hour duration without any prior warning that there would be a sale in the first place. The second one (4-5pm pst was you mentioned) was the second one they did with some warning in advance.

As far as customer service goes, it seems (key word there as it's pure speculation) like they only have enough people that you can count on one hand working CS. Every ticket I've had so far since the acquisition has been from the same CS person mentioned in the initial post and my last 2 tickets were very long. I've had tickets with normal replies in terms of speed before that though. As you mentioned though, the whole thing was worded very poorly the first time around and was announced a min just before it started and then several hours before the next one which is still not enough time considering a lot of people don't get on until 7-8pm pst.

I would take this to either Tae or Zyra and have them talk to CS directly again.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Elitizt View Post
    <snip>
    Super sorry to hear about this Claire.

By now the Rift Store should have clear link(s) to the correct website(s) and do a server announce "see Rift Store for details".

Many consumers, myself included cannot be bothered hunt something down.
    Sadly, they lose revenue, good will and create more work for CS by being vague and overcomplicating things.

Hoping things are fixed satisfactorily.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 12-01-2019 at 01:35 AM.

Plane Touched

The most baffling part is why customer support would refuse to help. You're a customer who is trying to validate their marketing effort and purchase something during a sale. You want to give them money, at the time and for the reason they were hoping for. You put in significant effort to manage this even though they didn't make it easy (which is already a failure; a business's first priority is making it easy for customers to give them money). You missed a one-hour sale by a matter of a couple minutes. Minutes. And they wanted people to take advantage of this sale - that was the whole point. Selling $20 worth of credits that would otherwise have been a sale of $0 is a difference of $20.

It costs nothing for gamigo to produce credits. It's a proprietary digital currency with no marginal cost. Nothing this currency can be exchanged for has any marginal cost. The only thing they're accomplishing by denying your request is making sure that not only you don't make anymore purchases, but that you will tell other potential customers about your poor experience via word of mouth. It's like they thought you'd go "oh well, I only got $20 worth of credits when I wanted $40 worth, so now I'm going to spend another $20 on credits. Maybe I'll succeed at the next sale! ".

When customer support reminds me of the following, there's a real problem.

''They really care rift and playerbase'' for them you guys are just a ''whale'' but nothing I mention that thousand, million times on HOT discord but none of you didn't care you know there is a word I really like.

''Its what it is''
    Last edited by Omerr; 12-01-2019 at 02:21 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

This forum is the only thing I check on a daily basis for news and updates. I accidentally stumbled on to an old Trion website that had news of credits and mounts sale!! Now, if they had posted the credits sale on this forum a day before they actually had the one hour sale, I'm pretty sure it would have made a few more players happy. It was what it was, a one hour double credit sale. So, time to move on to another day.
    Just, comfortably numb....

To bring it all into perspective, this is the text you are dealing with at court

What to expect when dealing with Customer Service and a borked event-2019-11-22_8.png

No Link or info which website. No specific time frame. No info if large pack's 'bonus credits' are includet or replaced. No info about credit pack restrictions. Rex is a credit purchase - do you get 2 rex?. The text implies that there is not more information required as given in the messege. (ofc you should read the fine print before purchases)

One could think it was just a prank bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    This forum is the only thing I check on a daily basis for news and updates.
    Ohwow
    Last edited by Shas; 12-01-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

I would take this to either Tae or Zyra and have them talk to CS directly again.
    I don't realIy want to throw Zyra or Tae under the bus, because I believe that both of them understood the situation and had the best intentions to fix the situation, but were/are ultimately powerless to fix the issue.
    I took this issue directly to Zyra that Friday in dm's on discord. She was very receptive and told me she understood the issue, and would elevate the ticket status. Later that day I asked her if I should spend what credits I did get or wait until CS had resolved the issue. She assured me: "Should be fine
    If not I take the blame and then it should be fine"

So I bought the soul pack i needed, and decided to try and wait patiently until i heard back from CS(which everyone aware of the issue and details up to that point just assumed that CS would just add the missing credits to my account and everyone would move on and be happy.)

The following Monday is when I received the first soulless copypasta reply from CS. I posted what had happened in the HoT's discord general channel. I dm'd Zyra about the issue again and Tae wanted to help as well. I talked to both multiple times over the course of the week. Their hands are tied.

At this point, my most recent email from CS was once again that they wouldn't offer a refund and that they won't be giving me the missing credits. Also, this time they included :
    "We also kindly request you from using profanity while contacting Customer Support as all communication falls under our Terms of Use and Contractual Agreement"

So now they are just trying to look for angles to ban me so they can shut me up. They are underhanded and disgusting sleazeballs.
    Last edited by Elitizt; 12-02-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    1. People with buttons

Soulwalker

Your experience and my experience match exactly. I was told the exact same thing as well. I simply told them that I would go ahead and leave a poor review for their game on steam and re-consider making purchases moving forward. I really feel scammed by this "sale". l don't understand the sentiment behind it?

The whole thing has really left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbpredator View Post
    Your experience and my experience match exactly. I was told the exact same thing as well. I simply told them that I would go ahead and leave a poor review for their game on steam and re-consider making purchases moving forward. I really feel scammed by this "sale". l don't understand the sentiment behind it?

The whole thing has really left a very bad taste in my mouth.
    I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you too. I understand how frustrating it is.
    They have flat out stolen from us and made us feel powerless. They act as they can just rip people off and get away with it.
    I'm seriously considering putting together a class action lawsuit and/or filing formal complaints with the European Consumer Protection agency. It's time that consumers stop letting companies walk all over them.
    These companies believe they can just treat customers like trash, rip people off, and there will be no repercussions because common people hardly ever fight back.
    1. People with buttons

Shadowlander

While my customer service experience wasn't related to the sale, it still very much has to do with Gamigo's customer service. I've been having issues with another player harassing me for some time now and copying from a script is the best they've given me as well.

"...We appreciate your vigilance in regards to this issue and will begin our investigation into the matter immediately. Please be aware that you will not be contacted with the results of our investigation per our Privacy Policy..." - Feb. 14, 2019

"...We kindly request you to send us a full screenshot where we can see your character's name, the chat box and any other relevant information as this will help us in our investigation..." - April 9, 2019

"...We will be forwarding them to our Team for investigation, however, please note that you will not be contacted with the results of our investigation..." - September 23, 2019

"...We appreciate you taking the time to report these issues, as feedback like this contributes to a better game community.
    We will be sure to investigate this issue and take the appropriate steps to resolve it soon as possible..." - November 21, 2019

Over the course of these email correspondences I have attached multiple screenshots and videos of said harassment. Obviously the player has been on my ignore list but the ignore list hasn't stopped them from summoning me 60+ times in 48 hours or continuously opening trade windows.

Much like the other person in this thread, I too have updated my Steam review to reflect my lack of customer service in a real time of need.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elitizt View Post
    I don't realIy want to throw Zyra or Tae under the bus
    Ok, I will throw them under the bus. They are silent on all matters on these forums, they are not helpful at all. This "wait and see" mentality is sickening, they know nothing is coming but they are doing w/e it takes to try to suck more money out of you. Pretending that maybe one day there will be something, so keep on buying all our stuff and lets see where this game is going, cause you never know!!!

Their goal is to act all caring but when it comes down to it they do NOTHING. They never fixed my issues, they just pass the buck. Act all sympathetic then do nothing to fix anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast