Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Attention to Negative Nancys

Exclamation Attention to Negative Nancys

It has been brought to my attention that the negative feedback all over the forums has caused a halt in developmental progress as all they can see from us is that we think all ideas that are not specifically adding T3 raids and a new Expac are worthless.

We as a player base have chased away all the positive feedback suppliers by criticizing everything posted in the forums out of our frustration over the state of the game, in doing so all Gamigo sees from us is the haters and the idea that any small fixes anyone thinks up to affect small improvements during the Hamster farming are useless and ill worth their time.

As a result it is believed that the developers responsible for content coding are doing nothing but assisting with hamsters because the creation team can find nothing of any worth from us to make outside of slating a new Expac that will be 18mo from development AFTER the hamster has been resuscitated and the most we will see are restarts and mountain climbing fixes once a month until they can get past hardware distractions.

the Rift Team is looking for ways to reduce our negativity to increase productive feedback as a result of this, so unless you clean up your posts and start taking more care with your hate responses you can expect a lot of <censored> happening to quiet the unproductive posters which could possibly go farther than you would like it to.

Just saying you are bringing about your own demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    It has been brought to my attention
    By whom? And what makes you the official spokesperson on this matter?

That is the truth as you see it. The rest of us.... not so much. Those same words can be used about Gamigo, given their behaviour in the past year, especialy not living up to their own words (see signature). And this started before we even got a chance to become those Negative Nancy people you call out here.

In all fairness, we as a playerbase have given Gamigo the benefit of doubt as well as plenty of time to do SOMETHING good for this game. We have yet to see anything from them that indicates something will actually happen. Only a lot of words that doesn't say much and even more Please Wait Some More.

Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

blah blah blah... so unless you clean up your posts and start taking more care with your hate responses you can expect a lot of <censored> happening to quiet the unproductive posters which could possibly go farther than you would like it to.

You realise this reads like a personal threat, right?
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Shadowlander

who are you?

It has been brought to my attention that the negative feedback all over the forums has caused a halt in developmental progress as all they can see from us is that we think all ideas that are not specifically adding T3 raids and a new Expac are worthless.

We as a player base have chased away all the positive feedback suppliers by criticizing everything posted in the forums out of our frustration over the state of the game, in doing so all Gamigo sees from us is the haters and the idea that any small fixes anyone thinks up to affect small improvements during the Hamster farming are useless and ill worth their time.

As a result it is believed that the developers responsible for content coding are doing nothing but assisting with hamsters because the creation team can find nothing of any worth from us to make outside of slating a new Expac that will be 18mo from development AFTER the hamster has been resuscitated and the most we will see are restarts and mountain climbing fixes once a month until they can get past hardware distractions.

the Rift Team is looking for ways to reduce our negativity to increase productive feedback as a result of this, so unless you clean up your posts and start taking more care with your hate responses you can expect a lot of <censored> happening to quiet the unproductive posters which could possibly go farther than you would like it to.

So on discord earlier today, you quoted Tae sent you a PM with the following:
    Hey Challengere, sadly I was told that I cannot streamline issues anymore from our devs. Mainly because they're trying to focus on our hamster farm, other part on me being annoying. :sweat_smile:
    I was told to redirect you to our bug report forum here:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...s/bug-reports/
    Sorry I cannot be of any assistance with other pms :frowning:
    You claimed that Avathar had told him to stop taking feedback, but based on the message you quoted it sounds more like they're working on other things (hence the term "hamster farm") and aren't taking bug reports directly from every and anyone, including Tae who even points out that he's been pestering him/them with bug reports when those should be placed on the bug report forum so that the other devs can read them as well. It sounds more like you're misunderstanding and in turn misinforming others on the situation.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

Oh for reals? They were right in the middle of creating an expansion? And now we blew it. So I guess they will just scrap all the work they have put into it thus far.

Come on. Really, do you really think there is something actually going on behind the scenes? They can't afford enough ppl to do the simplest things in game, do you really think they have hired people to create an expansion. If there was something good in the works they would bring it to the players, they would surely tell us to pacify us. Get us hyped and not feel dirty for buying a 35 dollar mount.

Many of us were hopeful, we were given false hope and many of us believed the lies. All it was was to keep the fan base around and spending money. It has been over a year since they made those promises. And now I feel like a chump, I feel like I have been scammed. So yes, I am a negative nancy, but it was brought on by the poor treatment to those of us who really did care about this game.

It has been brought to my attention that the negative feedback all over the forums has caused a halt in developmental progress.
    This gives off a self-important or exaggerated view of your position in the game. Aren't you just a player/poster like everyone else?

... as all they can see from us is that we think all ideas that are not specifically adding T3 raids and a new Expac are worthless.
    If players are specifically saying, gamigo HASN'T produced any content or even finished anything that should've been released from the prior xpac, nor done an overhaul of the game for over a year and trion before that for over 2 years, these are points of contention. It means there is an unpleasant tone set by gamigo, trion before them and their staff causing a negative and maybe hostile response from the playerbase. Some players are clear that short of these people releasing what was promised, fixing this game, and releasing an xpac there will be continued unhappiness. If all that can be done is pretty much nothing, well that isn't bringing any satisfactory responses either.

...as a player base have chased away all the positive feedback suppliers by criticizing everything posted in the forums .
    The forum is open to anyone who'd like to post whatever they want. If some choose not to, then that should be respected. Its going to be hard to press positive feedback where nothing positive is happening. When to the contrary, the game is doing nothing more than releasing cosmetics, mounts and other meaningless things to whales. These things, in most mmos, are a part of the game. Not the whole of what is being offered in substitute of meaningful content and updates. I'd simply like to see the game act like a game.

out of our frustration over the state of the game
    You do realize that you've practically admitted to reasons for unhappy posts but warn that negative posts shouldn't be a thing here?

...in doing so all Gamigo sees from us is the haters and the idea that any small fixes anyone thinks up to affect small improvements during the Hamster farming are useless and ill worth their time.
    This sounds like your own personal thoughts and limited understanding. gamigo is concerned w/ the bottomline and nothing more. If they were interested in fostering a positive forum atmosphere, they'd do a whole lot more than drop funky fresh $35 squirrel bundles and w/e other non-useful thing they drop. These things are being overcharged and added to the game as if players can run up in some recently opened raid, having the $30 squirrel down bosses. At least have the game be in a good place then add this kind of thing. Huge and necessary updates that would give this game life would be happening.

In the real world, when a business has a product to drop, they drop it. When there have been delays and errors, broken promises especially long standing ones, they engage in corrective promotions, presenting what they promised and adding on extras to encourage a positive response. Releases aren't being delayed b/c the playerbase isn't showering gamigo with undeserved praise. By what they've done, it appears that rift isn't on their radar in the slightest.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-14-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

This is a weird discussion, that should not be possible to take place at any forum.

Any player pointing at him/herself as being seleced by Gamigo to communicate this type of messages to the playerbase makes the message already doubtful.

Maybe there is truth in the message, maybe not. But that would be for Gamigo to announce, not by a (self-appointed) player. After all, Gamigo has its own CMs.

As for the 'we will not make anything new if people stay negative' message...... Any company knows, that the only way to break a negative spiral is to put in something positive.. People need to see to believe, words alone are in the long run not enough.

I don't get the post
    If there was an expansion even a patch with content coming sometime next months/year they better announce it, cause thats the way to stop the negativity.
    People post negative feedback constantly cause nothing happens in this game for 3 years. No new content other than fluff pets and mounts. As a veteran player im fed up with all these.

But i believe nothing more than BP S3 is comin

Rift Chaser

Default Bwahahahaha!

Wait- let me get this straight- negative feedback from the (what is left of it) Rift community is driving the dev (or devs- not sure it is plural) into a snit and they are stopping development of the game? Oh please- this is rich. This made me laugh loud enough my cat jumped off my mousepad. Trion let this game die from neglect- not from the devs but from disinterested management, and Gamigo just wants to keep the lights on. The company has stated no more expansions will be rolled out- and if there is content- it will be done on an ad hoc basis. I doubt there is much happening on the dev front anyway- it seems they have their hands full just keeping things together with chewing gum and paper clips. https://www.mmorpg.com/rift/news/rif...ons-1000052905

Sword of Telara

That's very sexist. Why shouldn't we be called 'Negative Nathans'?

Attention to Negative Nancys-cover1.jpg

I dont even know what the say tho like creating topic and explaining people ''that is right, that is not bla bla'' and labeled as a whiner and such. So many peeps said you have to move on but I love Rift and I want Rift to be a good game but this Community is like a joke whenever you do whenever you try to achieve something they just dont get it at all. This is sad, humongous. Maybe you dont even know what is happening behind the scenes but I'm doing research all the time about gamigo and sharing on discord as well.

Gamigo is not a company focusing on mostly games. The main focus for them acquisition small, big companies and creating a marketing plan to get earning.

So many people leave the Gamigo after acquisition Lead Designer, Software Engineers, Game Lead of Rift and some of them still looking for opportunity to leave that company I can assure you about that.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Em...VW25544713.htm

Like maybe 2 month ago they were hiring people for Redwood Location and after a month they changed to Austin TX, location I even shared some of the peoples linkedin profile which is know the core of rift coding etc.

What we got here is nothing but a complain if we dont complain who will listen us. I mean I know no one cares atm everyone is just trying to ''get one's ducks in a row'' believe it or not its your opinion.
    Last edited by Omerr; 11-14-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Imagine being angry at the people you tried to trick into giving you more money after they find out you tricked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    Imagine being angry at the people you tried to trick into giving you more money after they find out you tricked them.
    Lmao...Exactly this right here. Need a love button for this comment.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-14-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

from the very little i know of this it sounds like hollyroller12 is right on the money. but i really do feel that some of the negativity in forums in general could be controlled or done more constructively ... IF negativity is doing such harm to the game as being painted here then maybe gamigo should look into ways to control who can post in forums? not sure how they could achieve that but i do know that other games do try to control who can post in there forums. on the other hand, restricting who can post in any way limits feedback to the devs (dev?) so I'm not sure if that's the answer either ...
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast