Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Attention to Negative Nancys

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    By whom? And what makes you the official spokesperson on this matter?
    I am under no obligation to disclose the source of the information and if the conveyor of it wishes to announce it to a more public, hatred filled forum here that is their choice, I just thought I would post it to give both them andyou all a chance to see the flaw in all of our ways, you are right they have done nothing to deserve anything and our gravely mistaken to think they can raise APRPP without bringing a crap load to the table, but we are not giving them much of a sense its worth the effort at this point either

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    You realise this reads like a personal threat, right?
    it came across that way to me as well yes but it is the kind of action we are bringing down on ourselves for our behaviors

as for self importance mentioned in other posts, why do I care how important I make myself sound or you feel you are, I am passing on info I thought important for all of us to be aware of, while this forum audience is consumed with sitting around criticizing OPs instead of anything constructive enough for Gamigo to do anything whatsoever with

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    I am under no obligation to disclose the source of the information and if the conveyor of it wishes to announce it to a more public, hatred filled forum here that is their choice, I just thought I would post it to give both them andyou all a chance to see the flaw in all of our ways, you are right they have done nothing to deserve anything and our gravely mistaken to think they can raise APRPP without bringing a crap load to the table, but we are not giving them much of a sense its worth the effort at this point either

it came across that way to me as well yes but it is the kind of action we are bringing down on ourselves for our behaviors

as for self importance mentioned in other posts, why do I care how important I make myself sound or you feel you are, I am passing on info I thought important for all of us to be aware of, while this forum audience is consumed with sitting around criticizing OPs instead of anything constructive enough for Gamigo to do anything whatsoever with
    I don't know where you're getting the idea that people haven't tried to post consctructive feedback on here, people have myself included but its been ignored. them being so tight lipped about things doesn't help the situation either. you're dellusional if you think people haven't in the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    ..... Any company knows, that the only way to break a negative spiral is to put in something positive.. People need to see to believe, words alone are in the long run not enough.

Perhaps I should have written... Any company SHOULD know,,,,

Let me know if you have heard this one: "Cause and Effect."

Dimensions by CATT - FB: "Underdwell of Val Argonax" by Cattrianna, "Elemental Wanderings" by Cattrianna, "The Crucible Pt1: Exodus" by One Cat Short of Crazy, "Three Sisters Water Temple" by Fancyfeast / GB: "Inferno's Respite" by Catastrophie / DW: "Crucible Pt2: Odyssey" by Cattails

while this forum audience is consumed with sitting around criticizing OPs instead of anything constructive enough for Gamigo to do anything whatsoever with
    Here's the thing that you and your "source" blissfully ignores: for the past YEAR, we, the players of this game have done exactly that. We have encouraged Gamigo to do something, we have suggested and asked for many things in a positive way and, most importantly, we have waited very patiently when they told us "we're new, give us time to get settled".

In return we have gotten excuses, lies or walls of silence, buggy events, buggy sales, buggy servers........... But hey, that's fine, because we still get Battle Pass and lots of different sales, so that's gotta be good enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

It's hard to blame people for being negative when they've paid money, some quite a lot, into a game that's gone stale for years. It's unfortunate that SFP has been such a bad expansion and that's the content players are stuck with. There is so much good old content from the game's better days that is left unused. I'd probably still play if it were put to use again.

There's been a ton of good suggestions made over the last 3 years of content drought. Here's a few I REALLY liked.
    • Conquest week with special rare rewards.
    • Force Mentoring old raids though LFR
    • Repurposing outdoor raid bosses with weekly quests and 200m auto-mentor auras so the bosses can't be 1 shot.
    • Bring back PVP rifts.
    • Create mentor versions of old Raid Rifts with updated rewards.

I had sort of hoped that Battle Pass would revive old raids and mentoring and give guilds something to do together. Another opportunity missed because it wasn't implemented very well.
    Last edited by Skiye; 11-14-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

General of Telara

It has been brought to my attention that Gamigo is going to give everyone a free puppy if the revenues for November exceed $1mill.

I'm under no obligation to disclose the source of this information but you all better start spending some money so that we can all get a free puppy.

Ascendant

Blaming the players for developer decisions. Now that's a new one *yawn*

Brasse, please note that using sock accounts is still a violation of this forum's TOS.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Why would you post this? What is your real agenda considering you are sometimes one of those negative people?

You should just tell your "source" to sit in ArcheAge Unchained Discord for a bit to get a reality check on what negativity really is. Or there, I told them for you.

At the end of the day this is all just very odd and not worth taking seriously but perhaps stop taking up so much of there time one on one so they can get some work done? There's a thought.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-15-2019 at 02:25 AM.

If the negative feedback is the reason for halt on development process and "your source" claimed they stopped because of that, he must be mentally r*tarded or trolling you quite much.

I may be classified one of the "negative nancy" you targeted yet I was in contact with almost every dev privately including old CEO of Trion, Scott Hartsman and all my feedback valued by them, listened and fixed since chocolate rift.

Only dev I had issues with listening feedback was Ailion himself on Storm Legion beta yet all feedback given by me and any other people who didn't get invite by Ailion himself but someone else brought to the game after expansion came out.

This continued when I returned back in 4.x, almost all feedback, reports I sent privately considered by them and fixed, implemented.

Still I didn't get any warning from any of them for pointing wrong does on forums yet most of them appreciated for it.

This is because any sane and intelligent person would know that they never can make a perfect product, time changes yet technologies changing and improving, still they had tight schedules with straight deadlines coming from their higher ups.

Still most of us didn't blame DEVs and always mentioned being appreciated for their hard work but pointed wrong does of management which ruined game to the dead end.

I know you are army veteran so I believe you do not have any real work experience but believing such bullsh*t like negative comments on forums caused all of this beyond acceptable range of professionalism.

Please stop acting like you are the only one saying truth and rest player base is wrong. I'm not saying only I do say right thing or w/e, it's personal point of view and can vary from person to person but when the variations become similar and making huge pile of set it's becoming "truth".

But anyway let's say it's players fault!
    Last edited by aileen; 11-15-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    If the negative feedback is the reason for halt on development process and "your source" claimed they stopped because of that, he must be mentally r*tarded or trolling you quite much.

I would like an official statement about this, if its true from a Dev/CM.

It has been brought to my attention that the negative feedback all over the forums has caused a halt in developmental progress as all they can see from us is that we think all ideas that are not specifically adding T3 raids and a new Expac are worthless.

We as a player base have chased away all the positive feedback suppliers by criticizing everything posted in the forums out of our frustration over the state of the game, in doing so all Gamigo sees from us is the haters and the idea that any small fixes anyone thinks up to affect small improvements during the Hamster farming are useless and ill worth their time.

As a result it is believed that the developers responsible for content coding are doing nothing but assisting with hamsters because the creation team can find nothing of any worth from us to make outside of slating a new Expac that will be 18mo from development AFTER the hamster has been resuscitated and the most we will see are restarts and mountain climbing fixes once a month until they can get past hardware distractions.

the Rift Team is looking for ways to reduce our negativity to increase productive feedback as a result of this, so unless you clean up your posts and start taking more care with your hate responses you can expect a lot of <censored> happening to quiet the unproductive posters which could possibly go farther than you would like it to.

Just saying you are bringing about your own demise.
    An early April Fools joke? A good one.
    Basna

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    You realise this reads like a personal threat, right?

It sound like a tRUmPutin response...
    Basna

If I was Gamigo I'd remove this whole post and ban you from making more. You just pissed off some of the last remaining players. I think that is more your plan anyways.

If by chance your post is mildly true..Let them close the game. I'm getting bored again. BUT UNTIL GAMIGO COMES OUT AND SAYS YOU ARE FULL OF BS, NO ONE SHOULD PAY A CENT IN RIFT. I know I won't.
    Basna

Most game forums are like this. There is even a way to take care of that problem. Make the forums so ugly and unorganized to the point that people will just use stuff like Reddit or other channels to communicate.

This event made me use alts I haven't used in years. This time of year is always hectic for me so I usually miss weeks of this event. Glad I was able to take some advantage of it this year. I am sure others have done the same and maybe others leveled alts through this event and maybe they will consider going further with progression on those alts. Point is it encouraged playability. I would have considered going further on progression if I didn't know what a PITA firewall that the eternal weapon upgrade path is and of course planar fragments. But to others they may have the time and I see some people playing more often than usual in the guild so not a total let down at all.

Most game companies, scratch that, almost every big corp would be promoting something new at this time of year so having nothing new, even in the form of rehashes, is NOT because of the consumer. It is company that is in charge of following the same standard that every company that is successful as done for years.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 11-15-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast