+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: So Happy 1 Year Anniversary Gamigo..

Default So Happy 1 Year Anniversary Gamigo..

So a huge year passed and we see some kinda class balance tweaks and re-colored mounts, re-activating old events and reducing fragments cost thats all...

I'm just trying to understand why Rift still got nothing, especially content wise that makes me really curious. The things what makes Rift popular was Zones, Story, Raids, PVP and Dungeons. Why we are not seeing any of those thing ? I know so many people will say they are working on or they are milking the game but Rift in very bad state atm believe it or not...

So many different MMORPG games are throwing content still because they dont want to lose their costumer what about Gamigo ? Aren't we all costumer for them ? I'm asking this to community. Some of the guys are still paying patron buying cosmetic stuff is that the Rift that we are playing back in the days ?

I mean, I had too much stuff in my mind I dont even know how to express them I'm not a hater of Rift. I love Rift and I want to Rift Success like back in the days.. But right now what we got is nothing %85 of my friends gone already because they bored to do same stuff like 2 years.

Please just at least let us know if you guys have intention to invest money on Rift or not because things are getting weird. I hate to see lootboxes and some kinda mounts in store everytime I logged in instead of something I can say ''Content''

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-11-30-a.html

A year passed but we are not seeing new faces for rift ?..

As many of you are aware, the RIFT development team has been reduced following the recent acquisition. Unfortunately, some familiar faces no longer work with us. For the time being we’re going to move forward with development using the smaller team, but will be open to expanding the team in the future. (Says Fasti but no longer works for Gamigo....)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...25-2019-a.html

seems to imply there are new devs working on new content, but we haven't seen any sign of that so far and we dont even have a source or info about that...

raids released under gamigo: 0

So what is Rift for Gamigo ? Do you guys really want to kill a good MMORPG by not answering any question regarding content and such ? then keep that attitude of yours and you'll lose more player instead of getting new ones... Because adding store items not will bring people back...

At least make the game open source and let the community help the create such a things....

Cheers.
    Last edited by Omerr; 10-30-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Shield of Telara

I am glad someone posted this. The anniversary was 10-23. I thought about making a one year anniversary post on that date. But I did not know what to say other than, a wasted year of a bunch of nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    I mean, I had too much stuff in my mind I dont even know how to express them I'm not a hater of Rift. I love Rift and I want to Rift Success like back in the days.. But right now what we got is nothing %85 of my friends gone already because they bored to do same stuff like 2 years.
    This was my thought process when I was considering making a post. I seriously have dedicated 8+ years to this game and I still wanted this to be my go to game in my leisure time. So many people have come here to "complain" about the state of things. In the past the people have been treated as anti-rifters. But I saw it as passionate people who want the game to succeed and they are just trying to light a fire under the higher ups to not let the game die. But instead they were treated as the opposition and ran out of the game by devs and community managers.

It seems like they keep bringing in new people, or rotating people as the new face of the community. This is how it has played out with gamingo.

New community manager: oh hey.... I am new here! We swear we are going to be doing stuff. Can't say right now, can't give away our secrets away but I promise they are coming!

Community: Why should we believe you? Nothing has been done in the past.

New community manager: For now, I am familiarize myself with the game. I do not know what has happened in the past but I am here to get stuff going again!

Months go by

Community: Ummm.... so where are those changes?

NEW new community manager: oh hey.... I am new here! We swear we are going to be doing stuff. Can't say right now, can't give away our secrets away but I promise they are coming!

Then the cycle continues. When the "new" community manager can't explain why nothing is done they just bring in another new community manager, claiming they will get right on it!
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-30-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Shield of Telara

Gamigo is where games go to die. I would be very surprised if we saw anything but a couple of dry bones tossed our way and lots of new (old but recolored?) things for the store.
    Last edited by Leocadia; 10-30-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Why are you blaming Gamigo? The problem with the game existed way before Gamigo takeover. PoA had very self-destructive concepts that were introduced to the game.It was like several time bombs waiting to go off and when they did the population splintered. The Tech lead and devs at the time kept choosing to introduce mort self-destructive concepts until the takeover. It is difficult to fix a shattered piece of glass and find and glue every splinter back together. That is exactly the way it must feel to the devs. New devs would require years of meta training for Rift to make any sort of come back. It isn't like those devs can take what they learned from a previous job and apply it to Rift. You could introduce a new meta but that is like telling players to play a new game and would have its own dire consequence.

You have to buff your way out of this mess just so it is more tolerable for the community. Nerfs usually kill gameplay when buffs actually encourage it. You can reverse engineer this concept to just make easy content. I am also nostalgic for founding devs meta of class balance but then I realize that we have been in the current meta for years and that the players left accept its unbalanced state or moved on a long time ago.. At some point you just have to let it go and stop hoping for big things to happen. Introducing a new high end raid would just get more grievances from players wanting more and more meta balancing. They could introduce an EZMode 10 man which I think would have been the best choice for CoA instead of a dungeon. It would have kept the content much more in play than it is today and even though classes are unbalanced it is at a mode that all combinations of raids can do so it would not lead to the current cherrypicking Best in slot classes for raiding like now.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-30-2019 at 06:58 PM.

I think Rift still need more replay valve as this point of time new Raids or Dungeons just be a waste only small % people would do it that if they can get a group together for it and will not bring everyone back who are invested into other games. Just need to be something everyone can do at anytime with out needed a group all the time. What I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Why are you blaming Gamigo? The problem with the game existed way before Gamigo takeover. PoA had very self-destructive concepts that were introduced to the game.It was like several time bombs waiting to go off and when they did the population splintered. The Tech lead and devs at the time kept choosing to introduce mort self-destructive concepts until the takeover. It is difficult to fix a shattered piece of glass and find and glue every splinter back together. That is exactly the way it must feel to the devs. New devs would require years of meta training for Rift to make any sort of come back. It isn't like those devs can take what they learned from a previous job and apply it to Rift. You could introduce a new meta but that is like telling players to play a new game and would have its own dire consequence.

You have to buff your way out of this mess just so it is more tolerable for the community. Nerfs usually kill gameplay when buffs actually encourage it. You can reverse engineer this concept to just make easy content. I am also nostalgic for founding devs meta of class balance but then I realize that we have been in the current meta for years and that the players left accept its unbalanced state or moved on a long time ago.. At some point you just have to let it go and stop hoping for big things to happen. Introducing a new high end raid would just get more grievances from players wanting more and more meta balancing. They could introduce an EZMode 10 man which I think would have been the best choice for CoA instead of a dungeon. It would have kept the content much more in play than it is today and even though classes are unbalanced it is at a mode that all combinations of raids can do so it would not lead to the current cherrypicking Best in slot classes for raiding like now.

I agree with you some of the things but. This game need something at least I mean 3 year passed since last xpac they should realize some stuff and make something fresh...

Colossus

General of Telara

New devs would require years of meta training for Rift to make any sort of come back. It isn't like those devs can take what they learned from a previous job and apply it to Rift.
    Just thinking out loud here but...

Maybe if Gamigo didn't fire everyone that knew the programing/"meta" of Rift some of them could have "learned from [their] previous job and apply it to Rift."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post

Maybe if Gamigo didn't fire everyone that knew the programing/"meta" of Rift some of them could have "learned from [their] previous job and apply it to Rift."
    That is so true.

Colossus

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post

most of them didn't play the game enough to know the current meta. Keyens left a long time ago and was probably the closest they had to a dev that could balance the meta. However, people felt he was too class bias. Well, he basically created this meta from what I can tell. Kervick and Ailion were probably the best devs for the proper development of Rifts meta but they left a long time ago and even then they had tons of problems to tackle with class balance. The game started to go down hill with the last new souls. They had a lot of work to do to fix those souls but chose to aggravate the wound with introducing another bigger problem on top.. Primalist...
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-31-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Shield of Telara

Another thing I find funny, well I guess it is really sad. But I am so past being done with this game all I can do is laugh at how bad things are in this game and the lack of "communication" on these forums. When I was having a issue, I first came to the forums and was like, so hey why has this not been fixed? Because someone is reading what we are posting on the forums right?.....right???? Thinking they would be like.... oh damn, I totally forgot about that, I should really get that fixed.

Then when I felt like I needed to contact the "community manager" I was not sure if we still even had one with the rotating door of people on these forums. I knew one person had introduced themselves at one point and not a whole lot since then, just a few things here and there. I couldn't even really remember their name since they did not have a dominant presence on the forums. So I found their introduction post to get their name. I looked up their profile to see if they were still logging into the forums. OK... they are currently logged into the forums, I guess that means they are still doing rift stuff.

And the funny part (I know I am long-winded but I am finally there) is that someone appears to be here on the forums again!!!! I know this because someone has decided to move posts from General into their "proper" section. God you got to love their enthusiasm!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-01-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    Another thing I find funny, well I guess it is really sad. But I am so past being done with this game all I can do is laugh at how bad things are in this game and the lack of "communication" on these forums. When I was having a issue, I first came to the forums and was like, so hey why has this not been fixed? Because someone is reading what we are posting on the forums right?.....right???? Thinking they would be like.... oh damn, I totally forgot about that, I should really get that fixed.

Then when I felt like I needed to contact the "community manager" I was not sure if we still even had one with the rotating door of people on these forums. I knew one person had introduced themselves at one point and not a whole lot since then, just a few things here and there. I couldn't even really remember their name since they did not have a dominant presence on the forums. So I found their introduction post to get their name. I looked up their profile to see if they were still logging into the forums. OK... they are currently logged into the forums, I guess that means they are still doing rift stuff.

And the funny part (I know I am long-winded but I am finally there) is that someone appears to be here on the forums again!!!! I know this because someone has decided to move posts from General into their "proper" section. God you got to love their enthusiasm!!!!!!!
    I mean some of the old CM not even said goodbye they just gone silently. Its strange but it happens and this is gamigo things seems like doing everyting silently and not even let your community know.

I dont wanna add any more comments on what I wrote above I hope one day people understand or realize what's really happening..

Colossus

Shield of Telara

Why are you blaming Gamigo? The problem with the game existed way before Gamigo takeover.
    Yes, Trion started this whole mess. They messed it up so bad they had to sell it to the highest bidder. But as the OP stated, it has been ONE year. ONE year of, hey bear with us we will be doing things.

In ONE year we have seen less and less CM/dev contact on these forums. It is apparent they are not reading issues let alone trying to fix anything. In every game there are always little things that get messed up that need to be addressed. But we go weeks without a single patch, just server resets. They can not take the time to even do the little things. The forums keep getting more dead every month because people realize the forums are worthless. No one is reading, no one is paying attention, no one is helping.

CS has gone to crap. I was even told in a PM from a CM that their focus was archage and that is why Rift tickets are sitting there for weeks being ignored. Then quit asking us to buy reskin'ed mounts with zero ingame service.

It is apparent, there is no one working here with any real knowledge of anything. Their skills max out at being able to turn in-game achievements into a battle pass and reskin items in-game. They have no skills past that.

How much of a pass does gamigo get before the issues are on their shoulders?? Two years?? Three years?? Never??? Well the game was crap when they got it, they are just maintaining the tradition.

That is the issue. People thought maybe someone would come in here and care and do something to make the game good again. After a year it has become apparent that will NEVER happen. We thought things couldn't get worse.... but then came gamigo.

Now Rift is in maintenance mode without the maintenance.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-02-2019 at 09:15 AM.

As I thought they dont even wanna answer questions about Content and such. That is purely sad other old MMORPG's are throwing still content even if they have low population etc. This is humongous and pathetic just saying...

Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    As I thought they dont even wanna answer questions about Content and such. That is purely sad other old MMORPG's are throwing still content even if they have low population etc. This is humongous and pathetic just saying...

Which games in maintenance mode are still putting out content?
    Basna

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast