+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Where is Rift's Xpac???/

Default Where is Rift's Xpac???/

On the virtual marquee, I see two xpac ads. One on Defiance, the other on Archage. Neither of those interest me. Where is Rift's?
    Last edited by Sails; 10-19-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    On the virtual marquee
    Where/what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Where/what is that?
    Go to Glyph launcher, click on "Store" on the ribbon across the top. There will be the games offered and their ads.

Thumbs up

On the virtual marquee, I see two xpac ads. One on Defiance, the other on Archage. Neither of those interest me. Where is Rift's?
    There hasn't been any new content for Rift in quite some time now, for this year at least they're not planning on making/releasing one and we don't know if they're working on one either. read these to get a good idea on what they want.

https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...ome-to-gamigo/

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...a-arrived.html (new CM)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...taerentym.html (new CM)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...am-letter.html (Team Letter)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...25-2019-a.html (announcement)

https://corporate.gamigo.com/wp-cont...rt_Q2-2019.pdf Gamigo Group Financial Report -(their next financial report is in november this year)

Go to Glyph launcher, click on "Store" on the ribbon across the top. There will be the games offered and their ads.
    if i click on store all i get, and have been for along time is: HTTP Status 401 Unauthorized
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    There hasn't been any new content for Rift in quite some time now, for this year at least they're not planning on making/releasing one and we don't know if they're working on one either. read these to get a good idea on what they want.

https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...ome-to-gamigo/

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...a-arrived.html (new CM)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...taerentym.html (new CM)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...am-letter.html (Team Letter)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...25-2019-a.html (announcement)

https://corporate.gamigo.com/wp-cont...rt_Q2-2019.pdf Gamigo Group Financial Report -(their next financial report is in november this year)
    I strongly suspected nothing is in the wotks. With the revolving door of Rift staff leaving, who would be left to create anything? I still wanted to throw the question out there. Its a reminder of the game being in maintenance mode.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 10-19-2019 at 03:28 PM.

It's been flat out stated already (even prior to the acquisition) that there would not be anymore expansions by the normal standard. The plan was to just release content as it was ready rather than holding it all for one single expansion. A key example of this is the Comet of Ahnket raid from Nightmare Tide. That was originally going to be the first raid released for this current expansion, but it was going to be another 6 months or so before that expansion would come out. People were already getting burned out on Mind of Madness so they decided to release it early and then follow it up with all of the new zones later down the road.

On that same note, making expansions takes a lot of time and effort. It's usually a years worth (at the very least) of work before they even announce something like that. Even if they had planned on doing normal expansion releases, the acquisition pushed that back with the entire team being let go of followed by the revolving door of people coming and going since then as someone else mentioned. I wouldn't expect any expansions going forward as we're still waiting for the rest of the content that should've come with the current expansion we're still in, including the final raid which was confirmed to have work started on pre-acquisition, but not to any real meaningful extent. Further rumors had plans for that work to continue until all of the server instability issues hit and that's been the main focus ever since.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    It's been flat out stated already (even prior to the acquisition) that there would not be anymore expansions by the normal standard. The plan was to just release content as it was ready rather than holding it all for one single expansion. A key example of this is the Comet of Ahnket raid from Nightmare Tide. That was originally going to be the first raid released for this current expansion, but it was going to be another 6 months or so before that expansion would come out. People were already getting burned out on Mind of Madness so they decided to release it early and then follow it up with all of the new zones later down the road.

On that same note, making expansions takes a lot of time and effort. It's usually a years worth (at the very least) of work before they even announce something like that. Even if they had planned on doing normal expansion releases, the acquisition pushed that back with the entire team being let go of followed by the revolving door of people coming and going since then as someone else mentioned. I wouldn't expect any expansions going forward as we're still waiting for the rest of the content that should've come with the current expansion we're still in, including the final raid which was confirmed to have work started on pre-acquisition, but not to any real meaningful extent. Further rumors had plans for that work to continue until all of the server instability issues hit and that's been the main focus ever since.
    I may have been triggered by the colorful ads pointing to the exciting things happening elsewhere. Its obvious that Rift isn't acting like a normal sandbox/theme park mmo. But hooray their other titles are. I suppose Rift could pretty much fall off and all would be well.

Last edited by Sails; 10-20-2019 at 03:27 AM.

I mean current state rift is like Wildstar MMO before the shut down. Loyal players are playing most of the zones are literally empty. New players are cannot even find a dungeon even they que because there is no new population like back in the times.

The sad part is gamigo knows everything and simply they dont care in my point of view.
    They told us we are moving servers and game gonna get stabilize like a months. I dont believe that thing any longer.

Currently rift has hardly 5 dev and yet we are not seeing anything new. I cannot blame them tho creating stuff with 5 people it must be hard for MMO.

I dont think we will get raid or dungeon soon and same for the new soul things as Hollyroller mentioned.

They should invest first if they wanna earn money from a mmorpg like the other companies did.

Lotro getting Minas Morgul xpac and other games are throwing new stuff what rift got was nothing for a long time. I really love this game but seems like gamigo is not caring as I do or as we do.

You can check gamigo's other games like fiesta, auro kingdom you will see the same result only royal players are playing and they are hardly adding new stuff to those games.

If they expand team maybe good things happen but I dont think that will happen as well.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I may have been triggered by the colorful ads pointing to the exciting things happening elsewhere. Its obvious that Rift isn't acting like a normal sandbox/theme park mmo. But hooray their other titles are. I suppose Rift could pretty much fall off and all would be well.
    ArcheAge is published, Unchained was in talks long before the acquisition and Gamigo don't have to develop anything.

The Defiance team took a hit decreasing in size and being moved to Austin also before the acquisition. I don't think there is an expac is there? Defiance 2050 happened already last year.

So the certainty for these two titles was secure.

Sharing this only to hopefully give you reassurance nothing else.

I'm guessing Gamigo need to have some return in investment ASAP after spending so much before making a ton of concrete decisions. Here's hoping AAU exceeds all expectations so it trickles down to save Telara.

Fingers and toes crossed.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-20-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    ArcheAge is published, Unchained was in talks long before the acquisition and Gamigo don't have to develop anything.

The Defiance team took a hit decreasing in size and being moved to Austin also before the acquisition. I don't think there is an expac is there? Defiance 2050 happened already last year.

So the certainty for these two titles was secure.

Sharing this only to hopefully give you reassurance nothing else.

I'm guessing Gamigo need to have some return in investment ASAP after spending so much before making a ton of concrete decisions. Here's hoping AAU exceeds all expectations so it trickles down to save Telara.

Fingers and toes crossed.
    I think he is mentioning recent events happening on Defiance 2050 and normal version.

https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance...ker-hell-2019/ this one I think. Trove is getting new stuff lately. Unchained is not a new project as kiwi mentioned Khrolan Executive Producer of Archeage Clarify that.

But the thing is Khrolan is responsible for other Trion games as well.

Where is Rift's Xpac???/-screenshot_1.png

I asked him some question regarding rift and such but he didnt reply tho.

Colossus

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Ahh ok, the event for Halloween. I saw the word expac and thought - what expansion?.... and yes you have mentioned before about asking Khrolan stuff about Rift.

Ahh ok, the event for Halloween. I saw the word expac and thought - what expansion?.... and yes you have mentioned before about asking Khrolan stuff about Rift.
    But Sail has right same point because 3 year passed since last expansion and nothing came out new as you know. They are not even giving answer about that question regards content and such, they cant clarify they cant give date bla bla.

Its sad to see game in that state.

Colossus

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Not sure what to say at this point because the OP asked where Rifts xpac was based on content on a website of two other games, I then saw them say they were triggered from it so thought I'd clear up about Defiance & AAU to help them not anyone else which is now altering this convo to "this person is right because there's been no expansion for 3 years."

That was never in question but it's Monday I have a cold and not in the mood to go in circles over all these years again, it won't help anything including my sanity lmao. I really do hope Rift (and its customers) gets some much needed love soon.

Have a good week Omerr!

Not sure what to say at this point because the OP asked where Rifts xpac was based on content on a website of two other games, I then saw them say they were triggered from it so thought I'd clear up about Defiance & AAU to help them not anyone else which is now altering this convo to "this person is right because there's been no expansion for 3 years."

That was never in question but it's Monday I have a cold and not in the mood to go in circles over all these years again, it won't help anything including my sanity lmao. I really do hope Rift (and its customers) gets some much needed love soon.

Have a good week Omerr!
    The ads were on glyph of defiance and archage. Both of these were purchased w/ rift by gamigo. The virtual marquee isn't just some non-gamigo irrelevant media. It belongs to them and if you launch through Glyph you will see the ads.

Just to add to the reason for my grievance, if you weren't here during this time, StarFail was the last, incompletely released xpac here.
    There are portions of it that still remain unreleased. So even if they didn't promise anything at a minimum this should've been done. Instead Rift got Bp to remind players of all the old stuff that is here. Imo, some of it is fun to redo but lots of it is just mindless running around for advanced daily rewards.

Anyway prior to rift's acquisition, xpacs were released every couple years, which is standard for mmos that aren't in maintenance mode. rift also released another part of Mathosia, Planetouched Wilds during its more active developing phase.

Yeah they haven't promised anything but shouldn't they? Yeah finally it was admitted that the usual huge xpacs aren't happening. So basically players shouldn't expect anything. Yeah they say this but doesn't mean I'm smiling about it. Considering the last xpac was released over 2 years ago, this well, sucks. Can't they do something?

If you pay for patron and Bp, it'd be nice to see some new content and better performance. Right now, if my money isn't going to making this game good, its sorta like paying their bills to stay open as if a charity for tons of broken, old things. Or what you pay is keeping the other games up and developed, which I have no interest in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast