+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Where is Rift's Xpac???/

  1. #16
    Rift Chaser Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    The ads were on glyph of defiance and archage. Both of these were purchased w/ rift by gamigo. The virtual marquee isn't just some non-gamigo irrelevant media. It belongs to them and if you launch through Glyph you will see the ads.

    Just to add to the reason for my grievance, if you weren't here during this time, StarFail was the last, incompletely released xpac here.
    There are portions of it that still remain unreleased. So even if they didn't promise anything at a minimum this should've been done. Instead Rift got Bp to remind players of all the old stuff that is here. Imo, some of it is fun to redo but lots of it is just mindless running around for advanced daily rewards.

    Anyway prior to rift's acquisition, xpacs were released every couple years, which is standard for mmos that aren't in maintenance mode. rift also released another part of Mathosia, Planetouched Wilds during its more active developing phase.

    Yeah they haven't promised anything but shouldn't they? Yeah finally it was admitted that the usual huge xpacs aren't happening. So basically players shouldn't expect anything. Yeah they say this but doesn't mean I'm smiling about it. Considering the last xpac was released over 2 years ago, this well, sucks. Can't they do something?

    If you pay for patron and Bp, it'd be nice to see some new content and better performance. Right now, if my money isn't going to making this game good, its sorta like paying their bills to stay open as if a charity for tons of broken, old things. Or what you pay is keeping the other games up and developed, which I have no interest in.
    I completely agree with you and I wanna add one more thing. The sad part is some of the people still paying money for literally nothing. That's what bothers me the most.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  2. #17
    Plane Touched BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    On the virtual marquee, I see two xpac ads. One on Defiance, the other on Archage. Neither of those interest me. Where is Rift's?

    Rift has been in maintenance mode for about 2 years now. Enjoy the game but expect NO NEW CONTENT PERIOD.
    Basna

  3. #18
    Plane Touched BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    I completely agree with you and I wanna add one more thing. The sad part is some of the people still paying money for literally nothing. That's what bothers me the most.
    I pay money even though no new content is expected. WHY? Because I enjoy the game and I'd like to keep it up and play it. If it wasn't for people like me, who still pay beside patron, You'd have nothing to gripe about as the website and game would be gone.
    Last edited by BigBeaver; 10-23-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Basna

  4. #19
    Telaran Catriana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default What's you're flavor of Rift?

    At this point and time i am playing Rift for pretty much one thing only, Dimensions. I have been an avid dimensioneer since their first inception years ago. Is there new raids? No. New Expansions? No. Occasional mini and world events? yes, but for old timers is pretty much the same ones that we achieves years ago. I join guilds for the social aspects, not the progression grind, which no one wants to do in MMOs anymore. My guilds have moved on for the most part. Rift is Rift. I enjoy Rift compared to other MMOs and have yet to see one to replace it no matter the current state of the game. I have paid for Patron long before it was Patron and will continue to do so as a supporter of a game i enjoy. People have been given the IMHO bad option of F2P in Rift, but to each their own. I support w/e avenues of revenue that is used to keep Rift open and will do so until they shut down the servers, no matter mine or other's opinions of the current state of the game. Sorry to disappoint ppl being one of those throws money at a game in decline. If you wish to lodge a complain to me, feel free to hunt me up in one of my dimensions, preferably the one that doesn't kill you in lava or other nasty things.....


    Dimensions by CATT - FB: "Underdwell of Val Argonax" by Cattrianna, "Elemental Wanderings" by Cattrianna, "The Crucible Pt1: Exodus" by One Cat Short of Crazy, "Three Sisters Water Temple" by Fancyfeast / GB: "Inferno's Respite" by Catastrophie / DW: "Crucible Pt2: Odyssey" by Cattails

  5. #20
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    I pay money even though no new content is expected. WHY? Because I enjoy the game and I'd like to keep it up and play it. If it wasn't for people like me, who still pay beside patron, You'd have nothing to gripe about as the website and game would be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catriana View Post
    At this point and time i am playing Rift for pretty much one thing only, Dimensions. I have been an avid dimensioneer since their first inception years ago. Is there new raids? No. New Expansions? No. Occasional mini and world events? yes, but for old timers is pretty much the same ones that we achieves years ago. I join guilds for the social aspects, not the progression grind, which no one wants to do in MMOs anymore. My guilds have moved on for the most part. Rift is Rift. I enjoy Rift compared to other MMOs and have yet to see one to replace it no matter the current state of the game. I have paid for Patron long before it was Patron and will continue to do so as a supporter of a game i enjoy. People have been given the IMHO bad option of F2P in Rift, but to each their own. I support w/e avenues of revenue that is used to keep Rift open and will do so until they shut down the servers, no matter mine or other's opinions of the current state of the game. Sorry to disappoint ppl being one of those throws money at a game in decline. If you wish to lodge a complain to me, feel free to hunt me up in one of my dimensions, preferably the one that doesn't kill you in lava or other nasty things.....
    No you're right, if people like you weren't around they'd actually make content and try to improve the games quality insted of pandering to your wallet and implementing new "innovative" monetization schemes for the lot of you to keep paying money.

    wake up already, Its people like you that got the game to where it is instead of where it should be, they devoted all that time / resources with the new mounts/pets just to get your dollar instead of fixing the core issues with the game and this excuse of yours, is only you rationalizing your bad spending habbit (yes that's exactly what it is) to make yourself feel better than what you really are. you're no better than the people that play this game for free and never will if anything you're just a fish that Trion caugh and they're doing their best to stop you from jumping of the boat so they can continue to fillet your wallet.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 10-23-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  6. #21
    Telaran Catriana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    No you're right, if people like you weren't around they'd actually make content and try to improve the games quality insted of pandering to your wallet and implementing new "innovative" monetization schemes for the lot of you to keep paying money.

    wake up already, Its people like you that got the game to where it is instead of where it should be, they devoted all that time / resources with the new mounts/pets just to get your dollar instead of fixing the core issues with the game and this excuse of yours, is only you rationalizing your bad spending habbit (yes that's exactly what it is) to make yourself feel better than what you really are. you're no better than the people that play this game for free and never will if anything you're just a fish that Trion caugh and they're doing their best to stop you from jumping of the boat so they can continue to fillet your wallet.
    Actually they spent all the money on trying to recover from their failures during the whole Defiance game/tv show concept they invested in. Trion then spend years trying to be a Blizzard clone and buying and producing up a library of semi fail games instead of investing wholly back into their flagship Rift, which they kept using as a bank to fund more failures. Hence where we are now and Trion isn't. However TY for being so knowledgable about people's motivations and gaming preferences. Enjoy FFXIV and WoW!


    Dimensions by CATT - FB: "Underdwell of Val Argonax" by Cattrianna, "Elemental Wanderings" by Cattrianna, "The Crucible Pt1: Exodus" by One Cat Short of Crazy, "Three Sisters Water Temple" by Fancyfeast / GB: "Inferno's Respite" by Catastrophie / DW: "Crucible Pt2: Odyssey" by Cattails

  7. #22
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catriana View Post
    Actually they spent all the money on trying to recover from their failures during the whole Defiance game/tv show concept they invested in. Trion then spend years trying to be a Blizzard clone and buying and producing up a library of semi fail games instead of investing wholly back into their flagship Rift, which they kept using as a bank to fund more failures. Hence where we are now and Trion isn't. However TY for being so knowledgable about people's motivations and gaming preferences. Enjoy FFXIV and WoW!
    Accurate but that's only a recounting of Trions history not what was/is going on in each indivifual game during that time, It's obvious Trion was catering to persons like yourself with all the changes its gone through, throughout the years, If this isn't enough of a sign I don't know what is.

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/item/C5F0C5A20501010101
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/item/FDADAFB10301010101

  8. #23
    Plane Touched BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    No you're right, if people like you weren't around they'd actually make content and try to improve the games quality insted of pandering to your wallet and implementing new "innovative" monetization schemes for the lot of you to keep paying money.

    wake up already, Its people like you that got the game to where it is instead of where it should be, they devoted all that time / resources with the new mounts/pets just to get your dollar instead of fixing the core issues with the game and this excuse of yours, is only you rationalizing your bad spending habbit (yes that's exactly what it is) to make yourself feel better than what you really are. you're no better than the people that play this game for free and never will if anything you're just a fish that Trion caugh and they're doing their best to stop you from jumping of the boat so they can continue to fillet your wallet.
    When your other ball drops, you may be mature enough to understand that if no money comes in for RIFT, they will just close it.
    Last edited by BigBeaver; 10-23-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Basna

  9. #24
    Plane Touched BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    No you're right, if people like you weren't around they'd actually make content and try to improve the games quality insted of pandering to your wallet and implementing new "innovative" monetization schemes for the lot of you to keep paying money.

    wake up already, Its people like you that got the game to where it is instead of where it should be, they devoted all that time / resources with the new mounts/pets just to get your dollar instead of fixing the core issues with the game and this excuse of yours, is only you rationalizing your bad spending habbit (yes that's exactly what it is) to make yourself feel better than what you really are. you're no better than the people that play this game for free and never will if anything you're just a fish that Trion caugh and they're doing their best to stop you from jumping of the boat so they can continue to fillet your wallet.
    Trion no longer owns the game.. the company that does, just buys games and keeps them going until they no longer produce an incoming income. I hope you quit the game if you are that unhappy. I can't imagine having such a pathetic life that I spend my time in a game I dislike just to gripe and chunder.
    Basna

  10. #25
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    Trion no longer owns the game.. the company that does, just buys games and keeps them going until they no longer produce an incoming income. I hope you quit the game if you are that unhappy. I can't imagine having such a pathetic life that I spend my time in a game I dislike just to gripe and chunder.
    They owned the game while all of the chagnes were happening though. which was relevant to the conversation.as for your pathetic life comment, I can't imagine that either.

  11. #26
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    The ads were on glyph of defiance and archage. Both of these were purchased w/ rift by gamigo. The virtual marquee isn't just some non-gamigo irrelevant media. It belongs to them and if you launch through Glyph you will see the ads.

    Just to add to the reason for my grievance, if you weren't here during this time, StarFail was the last, incompletely released xpac here.
    ArcheAge is the only up to date game on that panel. Defiance World Expansion was in 2014. Trove's Hero update along with Defiance 2050 Ultimate Class Pack were both 2018.

    I get the rest of what you are saying which are all valid points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    No you're right, if people like you weren't around they'd actually make content and try to improve the games quality insted of pandering to your wallet and implementing new "innovative" monetization schemes for the lot of you to keep paying money.

    wake up already, Its people like you that got the game to where it is instead of where it should be
    Can we stop with this blame game crap? Its inaccurate and is just biased frustration speaking with no actual facts. There are probably hundreds of reasons things didn't work out well, a lot of them we aren't even privy to but blaming a complete stranger who just plays the game that you have no clue about is what children do.

    Lets all wake up.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-23-2019 at 09:04 PM.

  12. #27
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

    Can we stop with this blame game crap? Its inaccurate and is just biased frustration speaking with no actual facts. There are probably hundreds of reasons things didn't work out well, a lot of them we aren't even privy to but blaming a complete stranger who just plays the game that you have no clue about is what children do.

    Lets all wake up.
    Actually It really isn't biased frustration speaking, since I started posting I've been doing a ton of research including reading legal documents relation to trions lawsuits/acquisition by gamigo and making a chronological list of events (what was happening inside the company and outside the company) since storm legion and how the systems changed in the game since then too.

    I've decided after a lot of consideration this game just flat out doesn't care about the playerbase and its.. well It doesn't matter anyway. I'm no longer playing Rift, Its not a hill I'm willing to die on but you're more than welcome to.

    Enjoy your mounts/pets/cosmetics/battlepass/patron/lootboxes/minions and the new features. and I did not mean that ironically, I really do hope you enjoy them. the game is not for me.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 10-24-2019 at 12:47 PM.

  13. #28
    Rift Chaser Sails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    ArcheAge is the only up to date game on that panel. Defiance World Expansion was in 2014. Trove's Hero update along with Defiance 2050 Ultimate Class Pack were both 2018.

    I get the rest of what you are saying which are all valid points.
    I appreciate you getting what I'm trying to convey. Also, I wanted to note that Archage Unchanied is a new release as of 10/16/19 which seems to be an improved or enhanced progression system that they changed over to: https://archeageunchained.com/
    https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...ens-its-gates/

    I think you are correct about Defiance though they appear to be getting new events: https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...0-99-problems/
    Last edited by Sails; 10-24-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    Actually It really isn't biased frustration speaking, since I started posting I've been doing a ton of research including reading legal documents relation to trions lawsuits/acquisition by gamigo and making a chronological list of events (what was happening inside the company and outside the company) since storm legion and how the systems changed in the game since then too.

    I've decided after a lot of consideration this game just flat out doesn't care about the playerbase and its.. well It doesn't matter anyway. I'm no longer playing Rift, Its not a hill I'm willing to die on but you're more than welcome to.

    Enjoy your mounts/pets/cosmetics/battlepass/patron/lootboxes/minions and the new features. and I did not mean that ironically, I really do hope you enjoy them. the game is not for me.
    That's what I'm doing atm. Current playerbase is no clue about what is going on and they are always everything fine attitude. This is a MMORPG game maybe they are seeing this game kinda RPG, House building game but it is not sadly.

    But I cannot only blame gamigo tho its all started with Trion now Gamigo doing Trion job after acquisition.

    I can understand you completely because I'm feeling the same Rift was my first big MMORPG experience but now leaved to death and no one sees that.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  15. #30
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I've decided after a lot of consideration this game just flat out doesn't care about the playerbase...
    And you really needed "a ton of research" to find this out? Uhm... ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Current playerbase is no clue about what is going on and they are always everything fine attitude.
    And why not? This is not politics, where you need to oppose your leaders when they're driving your country into a catastrophe. This is a game, so when people enjoy it, there's nothing wrong with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts