+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maeloda

Thread: Battle pass 2 question

Default Battle pass 2 question

Since I bought the original battle pass, will I have to repurchase the second?

I believe each season must be purchased separately. Last season's rewards included credits, which were worth as much (maybe more) as you'd get if you bought credits with your $10 instead. So it kinda paid for itself, if you participated.

I'm not the expert, but I'm pretty sure you will need to purchase each season as it comes along. This gives the players the option to participate in events where they are around or interested in the rewards, but not pay for things they don't want or won't have time to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    I believe each season must be purchased separately. Last season's rewards included credits, which were worth as much (maybe more) as you'd get if you bought credits with your $10 instead. So it kinda paid for itself, if you participated.

I'm not the expert, but I'm pretty sure you will need to purchase each season as it comes along. This gives the players the option to participate in events where they are around or interested in the rewards, but not pay for things they don't want or won't have time to do.
    Season Passes are also intended to be a way to get money out of still-frequent players and potential payers as a layer of monetization on top of everything else. Its the mix of something being exclusive in time through timed exclusive, money through being largely unavailable to anyone F2P, and effort through regular quests to actually complete it.

I don't know how successful Season 1 was - and god I hate season passes - but maybe it was successful enough to warrant Season 2. Don't see this lasting long without new real content though.

+ Reply to Thread