+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Motherkhaleesi
  • 1 Post By Merlin666
  • 1 Post By Araziia

Thread: Latest changes

Soulwalker

Default Latest changes

So now the daily login will no longer award void stones. With all the other problems RIFT has, removing this award may be just another nail in its coffin. True it is a FREE reward but at this point in the games survivability, these login rewards may be one of the few things that helps retain players. Not a profitable move!

not sure what the complaint is? Void stones are useless arnt they? they replaced with celestial rem which is think is somewhat more useful
    <Victrix Mortalis> Valcury@typhiria Motherkhaleesi@typhiria Quetsyeah@typhiria

this aint a big deal , i barely use void stones except maybe to gear my toon at that lvl in pve but even then you can get voidstones by other means. so make sure your around for the zone events ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Soulwalker

Void stones are still used for under lvl 70 characters. The amount you need for gear depends on lvl. You can still buy gear at lvl 70 with them. It is a problem when you use them for such. If you don't use them....no problem. It was a once per month 1K reward...will it kill people to have to do events to get that many...no. Will it take that much longer to get enough void stones to acquire desired gear...yes. It's not something that takes away from the RIFT cash flow. So why remove it? Simply makes it a little harder for story/quest players to be able to actually lvl without a constant grind.
    Last edited by Araziia; 08-28-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Shield of Telara

This is a minor change that took them all of 3 min to do. Yes, it does not fix rift but they promised to update the reward calendar back in Jan. While these changes are not all that significant at least they did something.

I am totally good with getting upset at things or lack of things in game but this one seems like you are complaining just to complain. You attack them for any little thing they do then they are going to feel like why bother. You are damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Soulwalker

Actually, you couldn't be any more off point if you tried. The point is this, newer players, as well as most under lvl 70 characters, need void stones. So this is what they remove. There's a plethora of login rewards that are redundant or useless. They range from crafting material to charges. These can be gotten through different means without much effort. The void stones are harder to get without doing grinds. Void stones...useful. Other rewards...not so much. Maybe they should simply remove the login rewards altogether. Would make for interesting 'complaining.' ( This was an opinion on my part. But if complaining is what you want........!)

Getting Void Stones is one of the most simplest things to acquire ingame. ( after level 10) If you want to gear up your "Storyline" and "just questing" toons just make an alt for IAs. Before long you will have more Void Stones then you will know what to do with. Ive fully geared up several alts this way, and im pretty sure lots of other players have done the same. (that is and has been the way of MMORGS since their history started) Run the "Intrepid" IAs they are fast and provide nice coin as well. And heres another hint... *Points To The Door* Good Luck either way

all this stuff about the changes to log in rewards was all post here at http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-feedback.html for like months ... this was what everyone wanted, maybe you should have posted something there about it ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Araziia View Post
    Actually, you couldn't be any more off point if you tried. The point is this, newer players, as well as most under lvl 70 characters, need void stones. So this is what they remove. There's a plethora of login rewards that are redundant or useless. They range from crafting material to charges. These can be gotten through different means without much effort. The void stones are harder to get without doing grinds. Void stones...useful. Other rewards...not so much. Maybe they should simply remove the login rewards altogether. Would make for interesting 'complaining.' ( This was an opinion on my part. But if complaining is what you want........!)

Daily rewards is something you get every month. Yes, new people not yet 70 need different types of currency. But how long are ppl really under lvl 70? So if this is something you expect to get month after month why would you want something that you needed when you first started the game? So if you are playing the game after a year you are like, I am sure glad I am getting starter currency.

Shield of Telara

Also, I see your start date is relatively new. So I assume that you are still wanting void stones since you are low lvl. Where everyone else posting here has been playing this game for years and has been past void stones for a very long time now.

I am sorry if this change makes it harder on you now. But when you get to lvl 70 then you can have some higher lvl currency right off the bat.

I do have a massive amount of alts and have lvld them. During that time I never bought gear while lvling, it just does not really help when you are just exping. The best thing is to hit 70 and gear up then.
    Last edited by Manasha; 08-28-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Soulwalker

I have 1 lvl 70 toon. Have several under 50. Do not do IAs, PVP or any group events. I solo almost everything. This is the way I like to play games. The point was made...most players are old members. Which leaves newer players in a pickle. They can't play at that lvl and many that do try RIFT will probably leave. The void stones were the breadcrumb that kept me coming back. ( Yeah...I'm easy like that!)

So it sounds like either retain older players or get new blood into the mix. Don't know...but it sounds like they choose to retain. I played another game that did that. SkyForge..think they are pretty much history.

Oh well...........hope you get everything you ask for in the game!

Soulwalker

One last comment/thought....since they have other login rewards that are awarded according to the toon lvl, why didn't they just add that option? Just saying. Would have made much more sense.

Adios!

One last comment/thought....since they have other login rewards that are awarded according to the toon lvl, why didn't they just add that option? Just saying. Would have made much more sense.

Adios!
    I agree with most of the other people that Void Stones aren't really that useful, since spending them on equipment is a really bad idea since by the time you can use it, you're about ten minutes from finding something better. Outside of Minions and cosmetic items, which are account-level anyway, there's not really that much you need them for. It's not like they're Infinity Stones from back in Storm Legion where you needed tens of thousands of them to upgrade endgame World-level equipment...hell, now that I think about it most of the Void Stone transactions are also notoriety-locked, so there's a grind right there to get the useful stuff, and you get them anyway from Zone Events, so as long as you're Mentoring down while doing a Zone Event that isn't an Unstable event, the loss of a thousand Void Stones per month is minor at best.

Unlike everyone else here, though, I haven't been farming currency for months or years, so I have a slightly different viewpoint overall; I also agree it should be either level-based or a choice on the given day so you don't get something you stopped needing months ago or something you won't need for months from now.
    Shatterbone for life!

Rift Disciple

Getting void stones while question and running lower level dungeons is fairly straight forward. However, once you're full 70 and have done every quest in the game, it gets harder, unless you want to grind IAs.

I'm staring down the achievements in The Dendrome which require a ton of void stones, and after spending all the ones necessary to level a 65 nightmare essence, I'm tapped out. Fortunately, my care meter on finishing up those achieves is fading, and fast.

+ Reply to Thread