+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: You need to LISTEN TO THIS, GAMIGO. Do NOT ignore this post.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default You need to LISTEN TO THIS, GAMIGO. Do NOT ignore this post.

    People will be very patient, when they are kept in the loop. They have no patience when it feels like they are being taken advantage of or that someone is yanking their chain.

    I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you are trying to improve the game. We have no way of knowing if that's the case, though, because you do not keep players informed. No one should spend a SINGLE DIME on this game based on the information you are giving the players. Will the game be here in a month? A week? A day? Nobody knows. The ill will you are generating is not going to be swept under the rug. Are you TRYING to run off the few players you have? You're doing a fine job of it.

    ANSWER. THIS. POST. Give your customers some answers. If you can't bother to keep your players informed, why should they continue to support the game?

    If you don't bother answering, then the logical conclusion is that you DON'T have any intention of improving the game, and that there is no sense in supporting the game monetarily. That's not harsh or extreme--that's what happens to businesses that keep their customers in the dark.
    Last edited by Phugly; 08-15-2019 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I understand your frustration, but you didn't really phrase a question in your post. I suppose doing so may make it more likely that you would get a response.

    However, generally speaking this game died many years ago. It is being maintained and sold purely for profit. It will continue to operate for as long as it is profitable to do so. That is just common sense, it's business.

    No one can predict a businesses financial future, it's completely dependent upon the consumers and other economic conditions. So, if that's your question -- whether or not this game is dead/dying -- I think the answer is/has been obvious. Players are leaving, more will leave with the launch of other more relevant MMO's this month. Many players who already left have recommended that new players not bother with RIFT because of this...

    So, think for yourself man... Geez... Quit raging at a company for not answering your unmentioned question when there's really no way to answer it other than saying, "Well, if the community continues to make purchases so that it's profitable to keep the servers running, sure we'll keep it running."

    That is already the unspoken understanding of ANY business venture in the gaming industry...

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    What an interesting first post in the forums, absolving Gamigo of the responsibility to keep their customers informed..

    The QUESTION, if it was too difficult for you to parse, is what the hell is going on with the game?
    Last edited by Phugly; 08-15-2019 at 02:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Well, actually, I'm just a returning player from 8 years ago. I started playing again on the 12th. So, idk what to tell ya.

    I'm not absolving anyone from anything, I'm just trying to share the general understanding most people have regarding gaming operations. It may be free to play, but it's not "Free-To-Operate". There are costs and there is the need for a return on those investments. When the venture fails to profit (hence, there's no room for growth/expansion/development") then it has to end.

    But seriously man, you need to get over this already. This game is essentially dead, okay? The player base is a fraction of what it was with more and more leaving. They're keeping it for the money for as long as they can possibly do so profitably. Just accept it and move on. Play it while you can until, like everything else, it comes to end. Otherwise, move on to another MMO of your choice.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Wow, the condescension.

    I'm not talking to you, chief. This thread is addressed to Gamigo. Not you.

    The issue was Gamigo's unwillingness to communicate with their customers. None of what you said changes that. People want some damn answers, that's what's being requested in this post. Do you have the answers? No? Then what are you contributing to this discussion?
    Last edited by Phugly; 08-15-2019 at 03:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I didn't say you were talking to me, but what prevents me from addressing an issue you raised publicly? Isn't it fair to say that certain things are self-explanatory? What is the probability of you receiving an answer to something that you did not clearly outline?

    More importantly, what are the questions you want answered that aren't self-explanatory anyway?

    I mean seriously, I'm trying to help you here. I want to answer your questions to the best of my ability because I don't think you'll ever get any answers with your current understanding or strategy. It would bring me a sense of joy and relief to relieve you of such anxiety and frustration.

    But may you don't deserve any answers... lol.. Not with an attitude like that.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phugly View Post
    Wow, the condescension.

    I'm not talking to you, chief. This thread is addressed to Gamigo. Not you.

    The issue was Gamigo's unwillingness to communicate with their customers. None of what you said changes that. People want some damn answers, that's what's being requested in this post. Do you have the answers? No? Then what are you contributing to this discussion?
    With the attitude you brought to this thread and treating the other guy who has responded like he's dim or something, were I Gamingo I'd ignore you on principle. Grow the **** up and stop making demands of a multimillion dollar international company like they owe you anything.

    Do you genuinely think they'll respond because you typed DO NOT IGNORE and came in hostility blazing? Would YOU? No. You'd likely say "screw you, jerkwad" and move on to more civil discussions.

    You are a stereotype. And a poor excuse for one, at that.

    Now go ahead and rage at ME, too. I'm a big kid. I can take it.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
    ...quality stuff was said...
    I love you.
    Last edited by Dornie; 08-15-2019 at 03:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    It's not going well is it!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
    With the attitude you brought to this thread and treating the other guy who has responded like he's dim or something, were I Gamingo I'd ignore you on principle. Grow the **** up and stop making demands of a multimillion dollar international company like they owe you anything.

    Do you genuinely think they'll respond because you typed DO NOT IGNORE and came in hostility blazing? Would YOU? No. You'd likely say "screw you, jerkwad" and move on to more civil discussions.

    You are a stereotype. And a poor excuse for one, at that.

    Now go ahead and rage at ME, too. I'm a big kid. I can take it.
    There was no hostility in the initial post. It was a request for information that any reputable business should be happy to provide to a customer. The hostility is yours.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I guess I will have to explain this to the peanut gallery, even though this thread isn't for you and your input is neither requested nor useful--

    Gamigo, like all businesses that offer a product or a service, has a responsibility to keep the consumer informed about what the consumer is investing in. There are expectations of what you are getting for your investment. You don't go to the barbershop, give them 25 bucks and say "do whatever you want"; there are expectations as far as the haircut you expect to receive. So yes, as a consumer, you DO demand that the business attempt to meet those expectations in good faith; without those expectations, a consumer has no reason to make that investment. That's not "hostility." That's doing business.

    At this point, Gamigo has no good will. I'd like to think that the hiccups in service the last few weeks has been due to efforts to improve service and the game in general, but there's no way of knowing, because they do not keep the consumer informed. So this post is giving Gamigo the opportunity to give the consumer a reason to keep investing. Without that information, there IS no reason to keep investing. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt--I haven't accused them of only fleecing players, which it seems you all are (and yet, you chose to attack me). I am asking for some clarification, but apparently that is unacceptable for you. And because none of you have the answers, only your speculation, I am not addressing you, because frankly you don't know. You can ride me as much as you want--you still don't know, and therefore, I don't care about your "answers."

  12. #12
    Ascendant Nuuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecko361 View Post
    I understand your frustration, but you didn't really phrase a question in your post. I suppose doing so may make it more likely that you would get a response.

    However, generally speaking this game died many years ago. It is being maintained and sold purely for profit. It will continue to operate for as long as it is profitable to do so. That is just common sense, it's business.

    No one can predict a businesses financial future, it's completely dependent upon the consumers and other economic conditions. So, if that's your question -- whether or not this game is dead/dying -- I think the answer is/has been obvious. Players are leaving, more will leave with the launch of other more relevant MMO's this month. Many players who already left have recommended that new players not bother with RIFT because of this...

    So, think for yourself man... Geez... Quit raging at a company for not answering your unmentioned question when there's really no way to answer it other than saying, "Well, if the community continues to make purchases so that it's profitable to keep the servers running, sure we'll keep it running."

    That is already the unspoken understanding of ANY business venture in the gaming industry...

    Maybe they could... say "Hey!, we're attempting to stabilize this game but yeah... we don't intend to put a lot into it (cost of investment in relation to a profitable return)." I think they said they wanted to make sure it runs and little things added over time. Where as the players "Why should we put money into to a game that gives a little?" Most of us are long time players who are just running out of things to do. Maybe they want to encourage new users. I sure don't want to commit until I see something of substance.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    It's up now, in case any one was wondering.

    I think everyone is a bit frustrated. I also think we handle it in different ways.

    "Screaming", foot-stomping, threats, etc, don't impress me at all from a customer service stand point. I would easily say to someone acting like that, "I'm sorry you feel that way. Have a nice day". That type of behavior doesn't impress anyone. Most likely, it just turns people off.

    For a lot of posts I've seen...and of course, no one behind the scenes would say this...but I can.

    "This isn't the airport...no need to announce (or threaten, lol) your departure"

    My fav. <3

  14. #14
    Champion MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phugly View Post
    People will be very patient, when they are kept in the loop. They have no patience when it feels like they are being taken advantage of or that someone is yanking their chain.

    I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you are trying to improve the game. We have no way of knowing if that's the case, though, because you do not keep players informed. No one should spend a SINGLE DIME on this game based on the information you are giving the players. Will the game be here in a month? A week? A day? Nobody knows. The ill will you are generating is not going to be swept under the rug. Are you TRYING to run off the few players you have? You're doing a fine job of it.

    ANSWER. THIS. POST. Give your customers some answers. If you can't bother to keep your players informed, why should they continue to support the game?

    If you don't bother answering, then the logical conclusion is that you DON'T have any intention of improving the game, and that there is no sense in supporting the game monetarily. That's not harsh or extreme--that's what happens to businesses that keep their customers in the dark.
    You read my mind so I made my own post about how I feel about it all, please read it and I'm with you and all the players but I have some good points in my post that I think may help us all, I hope.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 08-15-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    I mean it is so obvious they dont care about rift. They still act like everythings fine attitude. They will milk till it die seems like. They dont care about players feedback at all good for them easy way to earn money avoid your playerbase bring new store items $$$

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts