+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: You need to LISTEN TO THIS, GAMIGO. Do NOT ignore this post.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseHermit View Post
    B**ching all the time does what? No one wants to see that every single damn day, and what does it really do? Nothing!

Who said I was defending the game, you are just assuming that. I and many other people are sick of seeing the same complaints over and over again. Yes we get it, the game is in a crappy state, people are leaving, they are cancelling their Patron status etc etc, But guess what, most people don't care about that, they are still here playing the game crashes or not.

So go play another game or find something else to complain about, the horse is long dead so stop beating it.
    Hahahaha This guy is golden man. Sorry man I love whining and bit.hing about every stuff I think I made you mad because you are the loyal white knights so sorry for that. I mean my first question is very simple man you have eyes right ? and brain ? if you have both listen well my friend let me help you very quick.

First = This game doesn't have proper content like years. Content brings people back. Oh you can say now go play another game if you dont like rift.. I tried already I love rift atmosphere and my friends are still here even if some of them gone already. I'm helping people to get geared all the time in my guild that's what I do lately because I want them to enjoy rift and see it has potential. When they reach end game content how can I hold them ? I'm asking you buddy nicely ? Do you really know the current EU peak ? Dont you see game is a Ghost Town on EU server ? Why people's are leaving ?

Second = Serverss ahhh the servers maann. Mail box is laggy as hell I dont wanna talk about character screen lag tho. What about NA downtime ? Isn't that bothering you ? They gave us compensation pack lately did you check what is inside ? I was thinking like that is some kinda joke.

I even see a guy said that server issue is not gamigo's fault etc. Why they move server the cloud thing than ? Who is faulty here hah ?

I mean rift community is becoming more dumb every day I'm just speechless. Game has tons of problem but some people's like you acting everything fine. Its like a f..ing joke...

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Plane Walker

No one is making you spend a dime, and no one is making you stay to play the game.

Either stay and play or move on, I'm sure there are quite a few people who are sick of seeing the whining, complaining and moaning about Rift almost every single day.
    No one is making you spend a dime, and no one is making you stay to read the forum.

Either stay and read or move on, I'm sure there are quite a few people who are sick of seeing the whining, complaining and moaning about the forums almost every single day.

Op has an interesting post history.

Ascendant

So go play another game...
    ...no one is making you stay to play the game.

Either stay and play or move on...
    It's good to see that Brasse's spirit still lives in these forums, long after she herself has left.

In fact, asking active players to go play something else has worked so well for Rift in the past, that it cannot be mentioned often enough. Keep up the good work here, I'm sure it will pay off soon!
    Last edited by Elayara; 08-17-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Maybe they could... say "Hey!, we're attempting to stabilize this game but yeah... we don't intend to put a lot into it (cost of investment in relation to a profitable return)." I think they said they wanted to make sure it runs and little things added over time. Where as the players "Why should we put money into to a game that gives a little?" Most of us are long time players who are just running out of things to do. Maybe they want to encourage new users. I sure don't want to commit until I see something of substance.
    This is my feelings as well. I thought Gamingo was pro at buying other games but it really does not seem they know how to run a game. It appears their business model is, buy a dying game, cut its staff and watch the money roll in.

I saw from another persons post where they heard that Gamingo was going to cut the staff even more if the players do not start buying things. Seriously, the player base is frustrated and want something that shows that the people who run this game care as much as the people playing the game.

You can't buy a game and be like... ok guys give us money then we will think about adding staff and content. You have to give us something to want to spend our money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    It's good to see that Brasse's spirit still lives in these forums, long after she herself has left.

In fact, asking active players to go play something else has worked so well for Rift in the past, that it cannot be mentioned often enough. Keep up the good work here, I'm sure it will pay off soon!

With a low population, each player that leaves has more of an impact. Are new players joining to offset those who are leaving?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoad View Post
    They have no such responsibility as it is not included in the TOS.

That may be your definition of doing business but there is nothing that states a company must communicate internal or external issues with customers unless it impacts their privacy which is required by law.

Most of the above is your feelings on the subject and other than the service issues has no bearing to anyone other than you. If you feel like you are, in your words, being fleeced, I suggest you take it to remediation as outlined in the terms of service.
    One last thought before I go and await your attempt to be scathing to my response to your post. Learn to write effectively, use punctuation properly, use spell check, and read what you write back to yourself aloud to catch grammar errors. The way your post is written, very few people will take what you write seriously. I do not mean this as a troll or an attempt to inflame you, just passing on what a lifetime of reading and writing letters as part of my work requirements has taught me.
    My my my, don't you have a lot to say?

For your "TOS" nonsense, you're right, they're not LEGALLY required to keep their customers informed--but then, we weren't talking about the legal obligations, were we? We were talking about good business practices. Theaters aren't legally required to have the volume turned up loud enough for movie-goers to hear, barbershops aren't legally required to have comfortable chairs, and Asian restaurants aren't legally required to supply chopsticks. But business will suffer in each of those cases, because that's what the customer expects. So no, this isn't about "feelings," it's about the relationship between businesses and their customers, all businesses, every day and everywhere. Nice pedantry, and nice strawman, but you didn't really address the issue as presented, did you?

And as far as my writing--well, if your comment is an example of your comprehension skill, maybe I should send your boss my resume; I am apparently more qualified than you. Your attempt to dismiss my post through condescension is laughably obvious--look up "ad hominem" when you get the chance, maybe you can add it to your "writer's vocabulary."
    Last edited by Phugly; 08-19-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Politics aside, all I ask is for the game to operate adequately and timely. Something it has often not done since Trion left the scene. I'm starting to wonder if that isn't like a hidden message from the new owners.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Politics aside, all I ask is for the game to operate adequately and timely. Something it has often not done since Trion left the scene. I'm starting to wonder if that isn't like a hidden message from the new owners.
    not on these servers apparently. that's why i asked on another thread what there plan is if this google cloud server idea flops but i never got a response on that either. i can already feel less people logging in, i was lucky to get a IROTP group on Monday (usually i would have found by Thursday or Friday) ... the only ones playing now are established peeps in guilds and maybe a few of the new peeps that are still interested in game, but it wont be long at this rate for the ones leaving to outweigh the news ones coming in. especially if Gamigo don't advertise the game ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

I just went back and looked right now and things are no better, 75-90 seconds to do anything (including enter). I don't think it's me. I'm at a loss. Sorry.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    This is my feelings as well. I thought Gamingo was pro at buying other games but it really does not seem they know how to run a game. It appears their business model is, buy a dying game, cut its staff and watch the money roll in.

I saw from another persons post where they heard that Gamingo was going to cut the staff even more if the players do not start buying things. Seriously, the player base is frustrated and want something that shows that the people who run this game care as much as the people playing the game.

You can't buy a game and be like... ok guys give us money then we will think about adding staff and content. You have to give us something to want to spend our money on.
    As someone that can and has spent between $40-80 a month, not one more cent will be spent until the servers are fully stable, as in only going down once in a while. To release fluff in the store for us to buy when you can't even stay in game is not the way to go. So I will play f2p off and on until the game dies. See, I have proven myself, as a paying customer, for years...Gamingo has proven so far they do not deserve my money. When they prove their selves, I will invest in the game again.
    Last edited by BigBeaver; 08-20-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    Basna

Soulwalker

When Trion sold Rift, every article on the subject said Gamigo is where games go to die. I knew from that moment on that Rift was in its last days. Who are we kidding? They'll keep it up as long as people spend money. So if we want a long goodbye - keep buying stuff. If you want your heartbreak to end, put away the subscription. They were always going to do the bare minimum, and expecting anything more is just wishful thinking.

I've hoped someone would buy the concept and make a Rift2, but I also knew that was unrealistic. I've loved this game since launch and it's sad to see it go. Until it dies you'll find me running around on my brown squirrel mount collecting shinies, but my personal support is gone. In my opinion there will never be another MMO as good as this one was in its glory days.

DeadSimon - thank you for the memories. Your projects and ideas were some of what made this game so enjoyable for me. I'll never forget playing Hide and Seek with you during the office move. Never have I experienced a game where the Devs were so involved in the community.

In 6 days, "Classic" will launch. Blizz has already warned that pvp servers can expect a que of 10,000+ players at the get go and additional servers are ready for enrolling subs. Unlike this company that is dragging a dead corpse around and dressing it up with old events while ignoring all the problems players are having just to interact with ghosting npc's. Rift's only hope is that Gamigo has plans to sell this "repackaged" cloud ready concept to a company of developers that are actually interested in relaunching this game. I don't see that happening. In 6 days, and the days that follow "Classic" you'll see fewer and fewer players in Rift. It is, what it is, a slow agonizing death spiral.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    In 6 days, "Classic" will launch. Blizz has already warned that pvp servers can expect a que of 10,000+ players at the get go and additional servers are ready for enrolling subs. Unlike this company that is dragging a dead corpse around and dressing it up with old events while ignoring all the problems players are having just to interact with ghosting npc's. Rift's only hope is that Gamigo has plans to sell this "repackaged" cloud ready concept to a company of developers that are actually interested in relaunching this game. I don't see that happening. In 6 days, and the days that follow "Classic" you'll see fewer and fewer players in Rift. It is, what it is, a slow agonizing death spiral.
    That's kinda good idea tho but I dont think they will sell that title. They will milk till die probably thats the plan and its obvious.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post

Go have a look at the forums for the games Last Chaos and Shaiya bought from aeria games by Gamigo years ago. While these were never massively popular games they used to have a decent population.

Both games have very low population with one, ONE CM jumping between EU and NA forums.

Gamigo has already shown as the playerbase goes down they condence there staff/forums and restructure forums to make them easier to be controlled by one person.

It appears their business model is, buy a dying game, cut its staff and watch the money roll in. This I agree with 1110%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast