+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Do Rift Have a Future ?

Default Do Rift Have a Future ?

I was wondering so many things are happening lately and CM and Devs are silent. Are you guys really thinking silence make things okey. Lets act like everythings fine and give player some very bad quality gift. That's all you guys gonna do ?

Every MMORPG out there throwing content. What you guys are planning to keep the population healthy do you guys really think throwing some Re-coloring mounts and Re-activating old events bring people back ?

What you guys are working on ? People's are leaving day by day is that what you guys want ?
    You guys are doing the same mistake what Trion did back then. This game deserve more attention than the other titles. I dont want to open these kind of threads but I wanna see something other than the BP things...

Do we have the beg for communication ? Times Roll On...

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Lots of good questions. Only time will tell, and remember Rift is still in maintenance mode, I believe. Gamigo purchased this mmo last October with the intent of what? Acquisition of a once very popular game that was in a year long death spiral, but kudos to the new boss for not immediately shutting it down and upgrading access to the cloud. A few rough spots here and there, a ton of dc's and massive crashes. One can always speculate on the future of Rift but, only Gamigo will decide on new content if any. The relaunch of WoW "Classic" will affect the population of Rift's player base in a minimal way and I doubt Gamigo will pay much attention to that might actually delve into rebalancing of character stats as they had mentioned through various CM's that have been brought on in the forums to communicate with the player base. All the moves Gamigo makes, does cost real money. Even though it's still in maintenance mode, and will be for some time to come, have faith, this is still the best looking mmo out there, and it's still fun to play. Game on.
    Just, comfortably numb....

If BoS remains the the only endgame raid then probably not. If you've gotten everything you want out of there you've essentially beaten the game and are ready to move on.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Do Rift Have a Future ?-34yx3j.jpg

Well, at least not a very bright one based on what we know.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I have had Rift on my PC since March 2011 and played it on and off up until last year. Two months ago I uninstalled Rift for the first time. I have lost all faith in those responsible for the game and all inclination to play has evaporated.

I still look in here from time to time, to see if anything is afoot but, now I no longer feel it is going anywhere and this saddens me.

In answer to the original question: Do(es) Rift have a future? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Every MMORPG out there throwing content. What you guys are planning to keep the population healthy do you guys really think throwing some Re-coloring mounts and Re-activating old events bring people back ?

Are you playing any of these other games that are "throwing content"? Or is your hat completely rested on Rift?
    Last edited by Sails; 08-11-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Every MMORPG out there throwing content.
    This isn't even close to being true. There are many MMORPGs strictly in maintenance mode. There are more still where new content is released at a glacial pace.

If you want steadily released content you must seek a game that steadily releases content. If it could be got here by request it would have long since been added.

Default Does Rift have a future?

Doesn't feel like it. Actually it feels like the game is going down fast. It shouldn't take 10 minutes of spamming XE to fill a TDez at 10 PM server.

It's only going to get worse when Wow classic hits.

Soulwalker

Vouchers for Rare Event Currency are no longer be available for purchase from the Planar Voucher vendors.
    Considering they're already starting to impliment mobile game BS restricting sending currency to alts? Yeah right...These losers are going to chop Rift into mobile-game-size chunks and charge $9.99 a pop or some ****. This game was dead the second it was purchased by a mobile game company.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Noncorp View Post
    Considering they're already starting to impliment mobile game BS restricting sending currency to alts? Yeah right...These losers are going to chop Rift into mobile-game-size chunks and charge $9.99 a pop or some ****. This game was dead the second it was purchased by a mobile game company.
    I am not sure what you are getting at with the quote you used in your post. It is about how they took out ingame currency exchange. That was something that was suppose to be in the game as a temporary thing to begin with. It was implemented for people who lost chars due to too many chars during the EU shard merger.

Several people asked for this as a solution for those who might have to delete their chars and would lose that currency in the process. Gamingo was at least nice enough to listen to people to put that in. IDK why you are throwing that back in their faces.
    Last edited by Skrell; 08-12-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Soulwalker

Default to answer OP's question...

... the way Gamigo is running it,

No.

Plane Walker

WoW Classic will be the next to final nail...
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    You know you wanna join Furleaf in WoW.

One of us...
    One of us....
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Most games will feel the drop for a few months for Rift not much will change. Maybe a few will try out WoW Classic but end up coming back or end up staying just any MMO. The Media push how great it's going to be, just never the case at the end.

I do wish Rift Team or the CM to keep us more in the loop even if it's not too much info. Never best for Gamgio to burn money just to keep up with WoW Classic just to be in the news at the same time.
    Last edited by Zaber; 08-13-2019 at 06:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast