Soulwalker

Default The Cirrostratus Rewards Cache - Bare handed slap in the face

The Cirrostratus Rewards Cache

-Captured Intel box
    Very little uses unless your a newbie
    - 10 Individual reward charges
    Probably the most useful thing here
    -6500 Celestial Remenants
    I myself have over 350k of these and ive only been playing for two months therefore another useless reward
    -1 Summerfest bracelet.
    Considering we can only get 7 and the seals are 6 while all costumes and deco's are another 3-4 bracelets each. 1 bracelets wont go very far especially when it speculated they will be redundant come next event? And we cant even transfer bracelets across characters so another useless reward.
    -2x 25merit badges
    Seriously why is this even here?
    -2x Token upgrade Bags
    Useless out of date content that we don't even use anymore - I don't need more marks of prophecy

Based on the above and the recent server instability I will not be renewing my Patron in a few days time.

Gamigo is bare handed slapping it's consumers in the face with outdated content, terrible server stability, little to no communication and outdated "rewards". The monthly rewards is also a ****ing joke. 1000 void stones really? I don't think ive ever used a void stone for ANYTHING since returning 2 months ago.

You guys are seriously losing touch with you player base.

Change my mind.
    Last edited by PieGuy; 08-06-2019 at 04:31 PM.

At least they tried....

I admit, the badges were a bit low in amount.. considering I lost days and can easily make 1k daily
    1 bracelet.. oh well.. saves me finishing a hunt I wasn't going to do anyways.. but the minions have given me more already

I'm not an intel farmer, so I'm still happy with that.

And I'm sure there will be players happy with some of the other rewards as well.. it's just they are in general not that useful for those who have already grinded out their stuff.

But I know at least one player that will be over the moon with the bracelet, since he needed it for something from the store ;)

sidenotes..
    it was mentioned, that the bracelet vouchers will be temporarily available after the event.

we have had older currencies in the past that were made redundant and could be replaced at a merchant during the event they came from. so that may happen next year as well, if gamigo decides to make current summer event currencies redundant for next year.
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-07-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Right there with you Pie. I don't think anyone at Gamigo even knows enough about the game to realize how little use most of the stuff in this cache is. They just threw some random crap in to try to appease the peasants they can't be bothered to talk to most of the time. My patron is running out soon and I also will not be renewing even though I have the credits/REX to do it in game - unless, as I said in my last post, they can be bothered to show they have ANYTHING planned as far as new content. But I don't think they do. I think they're just gonna run the game as is until they paying players all quit, then pull the plug.

-Pork

Well, technically it's a gift. But it's also an apology present. Maybe dev who prepared it didn't have an insight most of it is outdated content.

It's like to receive a pack of noname VHS tapes, box of cheap bath salt, voucher for one hamburger, promotional sample of the toothpaste and a pair of green socks. Well, it's a token of a good will, thank you for that. But, sadly, I don't know if I will find any use for it.
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

Rift Disciple

The cache should have contained at least one full event phase worth of bracelets. Even the event maximum wouldn't be out of line given the huge downtimes and frequent server instability when they aren't outright crashing and requiring emergency maint.

What about patron extensions? I bought patron specifically for this event and ended up unable to take advantage of it for an entire week. When people are paying you money to use your service and they cannot do so due to technical problems outside their control you shouldn't need to be asked to provide proper compensation. This box doesn't cut it, and the lack of a thorough public address on this is unsweetened lard icing on a concrete cake.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by PieGuy View Post
    especially when it speculated they will be redundant come next event?
    Hi, is there more information about this? I bought a couple items and was holding onto some bracelets and badges for next year, but there might be a chance that next year it will be earning a currency from scratch, not be able to carry over bracelets and badges from now til next time to get anything? Thanks.

Hey my stash of celestial remnants is about 2.5 million now /wootage.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Champion

"what we have here is ... failure to communicate"

I have to agree with the op here. The reward for all the patience the player base has endured during the summerfest nightmare is dismal. Why not put up a fully powered Eternal Weapon to purchase with all those Celestial Remnants or other useless currencies from a World or raid Gear vendor. That would certainly put an end to all those LFG to 25 expert dungeons problems. Time to create another new toon and relive the glory days of getting to level 60, Still having fun though.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by PieGuy View Post
    The Cirrostratus Rewards Cache

-Captured Intel box
    Very little uses unless your a newbie
    - 10 Individual reward charges
    Probably the most useful thing here
    -6500 Celestial Remenants
    I myself have over 350k of these and ive only been playing for two months therefore another useless reward
    -1 Summerfest bracelet.
    Considering we can only get 7 and the seals are 6 while all costumes and deco's are another 3-4 bracelets each. 1 bracelets wont go very far especially when it speculated they will be redundant come next event? And we cant even transfer bracelets across characters so another useless reward.
    -2x 25merit badges
    Seriously why is this even here?
    -2x Token upgrade Bags
    Useless out of date content that we don't even use anymore - I don't need more marks of prophecy

Based on the above and the recent server instability I will not be renewing my Patron in a few days time.

Gamigo is bare handed slapping it's consumers in the face with outdated content, terrible server stability, little to no communication and outdated "rewards". The monthly rewards is also a ****ing joke. 1000 void stones really? I don't think ive ever used a void stone for ANYTHING since returning 2 months ago.

You guys are seriously losing touch with you player base.

Change my mind.
    its called pandering to the new faces, they know us veterans have burned out from our 100% negativity in the forums and are trying to appease newer players with plenty of catchup left to do knowing that keeping them in the game is harder than bringing us back when we see new content finally release

we are all upset because we dont want to go do anything else, we are committed and thats why we are still here but if they only ever get negativity from us they give up trying to make us happy and focus on the needs of those fresh to our reality upon whom it has not yet sunk in

Well don't bite my head of for the suggestion: I already got called greedy ingame for the thought below. (shrug lol)

How about 2 weeks of Patron time for all?

It is a real nice gesture right? Even for us Patrons?

It would be for f2p players too and you never know, it might draw in some patronage for Gamigo. Sort of unintentional marketing.

Okay, just my two cents.
    Last edited by Talgal; 08-08-2019 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typo

Rift Master

I see a whole lot of entitled whining going on here...

They could quite easily (and legally) have done absolutely nothing. That they chose to give a number of items, whether you think they are irrelevant, useless, etc. or not is still more than they have any sort of legal or moral obligation to do.

Rift Chaser

Default Too little too late

So- if ya'll think this is whining you are mistaken. I know Gamigo tried to do something- anything- to make up for all the downtime- but it really is like getting a bag of useless party favors. The intent is appreciated- but the content was lacking. Look- for all of you who think we veterans are just Debbie Downers consider how much we have had taken from us... over years. Some of us have moved on- but still have guilds or friends or some tie to Rift and we do not want to see even more people leave it. If we did not care- we would not say anything. We do care. And in most situations- squeaky wheels get the grease.

We were told we would get some sort of compensation for all the down time and instability issues.
    There is a huge difference between getting socks or ties again for Christmas, all accepted in the same (but a little bit bored) festive spirit, or a genuine compensation.
    Just saying.

I appreciate what they did give, but it still falls really short of any sort of compensation for the loss of time and doesn't come anywhere near the amount of potential rewards that were lost.
    Overall, I'm severely disappointed.
    There are 3 types of people in this world...
    1. People with buttons
    2. People who like to push buttons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast