+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Dear Gamigo- Please give me a reason not to quit RIFT for WoW Classic

  1. #1
    Telaran deathbybacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    94

    Default Dear Gamigo- Please give me a reason not to quit RIFT for WoW Classic

    I don't want to go. I love RIFT, once upon a time it was far and away the best MMO out there. I love the game, the community, the friends I've made playing. But it all feels pointless now. I have all 5 classes with great gear. Sure, I can tune things up a bit more, but for what? Another TDez run? More DRRs? To do my dailies faster? More of the same raids?

    You've made vague promises of upcoming content. We've all been looking forward, hoping you'll put something out. But to date it's been just that, vague promises. What do you have in the works? A new raid? About time, it's been 2 years since BoS came out. A new zone? New dungeons? Those won't make me as happy, but at least it's not the same old same old. Give us ANYTHING. Tell us SOMETHING about what you have in the pipes. In a few weeks you're going to lose a big chunk of your player base to Blizzard. That's inevitable. I really don't want to be part of that exodus, but I will be unless you COMMUNICATE. Give me something to look forward to or I'm gone as well.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple ce2flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I completely agree. Been here since the start. Been shopping other games. Coming back less and less.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    I don't want to go. I love RIFT, once upon a time it was far and away the best MMO out there. I love the game, the community, the friends I've made playing. But it all feels pointless now. I have all 5 classes with great gear. Sure, I can tune things up a bit more, but for what? Another TDez run? More DRRs? To do my dailies faster? More of the same raids?

    You've made vague promises of upcoming content. We've all been looking forward, hoping you'll put something out. But to date it's been just that, vague promises. What do you have in the works? A new raid? About time, it's been 2 years since BoS came out. A new zone? New dungeons? Those won't make me as happy, but at least it's not the same old same old. Give us ANYTHING. Tell us SOMETHING about what you have in the pipes. In a few weeks you're going to lose a big chunk of your player base to Blizzard. That's inevitable. I really don't want to be part of that exodus, but I will be unless you COMMUNICATE. Give me something to look forward to or I'm gone as well.
    Shh They will label you whiner stop..

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Well, Rift is F2P, so that's a big reason in my opinion.

    Also, Rift has years of balance changes behind it, while WoW Classic throws away 15 years of improvements. That's one of the reasons why WoW itself has been impossible to dethrone: as competitors try to catch up, WoW keeps advancing further ahead.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    That's one of the reasons why WoW itself has been impossible to dethrone: as competitors try to catch up, WoW keeps advancing further ahead.
    Ah, this explains why Battle for Azeroth is such an extremely good xpac - 15 years of experience on how to make the perfect MMO finally paid off.


  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    I don't want to go. I love RIFT, once upon a time it was far and away the best MMO out there. I love the game, the community, the friends I've made playing. But it all feels pointless now. I have all 5 classes with great gear. Sure, I can tune things up a bit more, but for what? Another TDez run? More DRRs? To do my dailies faster? More of the same raids?
    Well, why do you have to choose between the two games? Maybe just install both (as long as your computer can handle it) and play both for a while. Keep Rift as a back-up when you're bored of WoW from time to time, and to chat with the people you like. Pop in to say hi every now and then. ::shrug::
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Honestly, just go play Classic. Blizzard takes care of their game and their playerbase. It's amazing in the difference between Blizzard and whoever is running this game.

    I bought something mistakenly yesterday on the Blizzard shop; a 30 day card. It took me 3 minutes to get a full refund.
    I have an open ticket for RIFT asking about a promotion they had on their site that has not been answered in 10 days.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31

    Default

    "The grass is always greener..."

    I wouldn't measure Rift and WoW-C by the same standards. WoW-C is going to get you for the game purchase and then a sub fee monthly. I played WoW-Vanilla, it wasn't all that great, certainly not enough to go back and repay for it...

    Rift scratches all the itches, for me. You just see a shiny ball of newness and figure it's got to be great. Or, you are just trying to shove WoW-C in Rift;s face trying to get them to steps things up. Whichever, you should do what your gamer itch wants.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    No, Classic does not have a purchase requirement. The only thing you need is a subscription--and, you can pay for it with gold from retail.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    The fun thing is I can give you a reason to not play Classic with a single quote I know EVERYONE who plays it is going to see.

    "Your Unarmed skill has increased to level 2."

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    He asked between RIFT and Classic. Honestly, any Blizzard game, even Retail WoW, is better. Square Enix is also a good choice to devote money/time into. FFXIV is massive and continues to offer content every few months.

    Don't get me wrong. I have been with RIFT since the beginning. Shard first Perfect Akylios. Black Tier loyalty the long way. But, they are no longer trying to even communicate with the players other than vague, repetitive nonsense. My suggestion is if you're going to spend time and money, do it on something that gives back.

    I'll still log onto RIFT, nearly daily, but I always log right back off and into another game. Even SWTOR handles their players better, and that's saying something.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhaegys View Post
    Black Tier loyalty the long way. But, they are no longer trying to even communicate with the players other than vague, repetitive nonsense. My suggestion is if you're going to spend time and money, do it on something that gives back.

    I'll still log onto RIFT, nearly daily, but I always log right back off and into another game. Even SWTOR handles their players better, and that's saying something.
    The customer service sucks....and that is my major problem, not the bugs and lack of anything new. It's the crappy customer service. I am over half way through black tier loyalty too...The hard way also. And it will never get any farther.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    12

    Default

    If anyone here thinks that Blizzard's Customer Support and/or Communication is better than here your sadly mistaken (although it is a step up than here lol).
    Do as you wish, but I have gone back and forth between WoW, Rift, FFXIV, and other MMO's because frankly there isn't anything different, new or even worth playing anymore.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I'd agree with the "nothing new under the sun" sentiment above. You name it, I've played it, outside of FFXI and Bless Online. While I'm mostly playing Rift while waiting for the next expansion for The Old Republic to come out next month, it's still one of the few games I'm willing to invest money in, especially since at a time when lootboxes are getting stuffed into $60 games, knowing that Rift doesn't have any outside of a single keyless box that doesn't really have much use ingame is one of the few things that keeps me playing. :P

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Jubinibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Rift served me well as a virtual home. Maybe because it's ...errrrr... quite a "conservative" last few years. I am glad it still exist so I can return "home" from my adventures and spend there few hours or months until I feel the need to explore "greener grass on the other side" again. It's normal and it's perfect prevention from burning out.

    I think WoW classic might be a very good experience for you, it's worth for try to see how nostalgia works. And for first few weeks (or months) it will certainly deliver an unique experience of fresh start. It's chance to see original zones again, chance to meet many players in similar level or gear.

    Later on the player base will probably start to fragment and fall off. Vanilla WoW is, after all, a vintage game. World has changed since it's golden age. It's nice to see it, but there won't be too many dedicated players who will be willing to raid old fashioned way (through attunements , raiding in giant 40man raid groups with very tiny chance for loot). Something tells me, there will be way too many distractions from other games and players/friends/guilds/servers will begin to vanish.

    Few months later Rift will probably be the same as it's now. Hopefully Gamigo won't plug it out until then, but I don't believe they are capable to improve it and deliver new content.
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts