+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Dear Gamigo- Please give me a reason not to quit RIFT for WoW Classic

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    By what account? That of the perpetual Whine and Moan Choir that endlessly clogs up game forums with negativity, or the much larger number too busy playing the game instead.
    I hated BfA before hating it became popular in fact I played this sh*tshow for full 30 days, then left in sheer disgust. The classes are gutted into uselessness, the whole game feels like some cheap asian Legion clone, and the storyline is like some ret*rded 12 year old's GoT fan fiction.

Though the WoW producer Ion Wazzhisname always comes up with excuses for anything they cannot deny or ignore (he's a former lawyer, so he has a both well worded and meaningless answer to anything), the whole xpac reeks of cutting down costs and prolonging time played metrics by all means. This might be ok for a F2P game, but for a B2P and P2P game it's just ridiculous.

Disclaimer: all of the above is my personal opinion, and based upon my personal experience. If you feel different, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I hated BfA before hating it became popular in fact I played this sh*tshow for full 30 days, then left in sheer disgust. The classes are gutted into uselessness, the whole game feels like some cheap asian Legion clone, and the storyline is like some ret*rded 12 year old's GoT fan fiction.

Though the WoW producer Ion Wazzhisname always comes up with excuses for anything they cannot deny or ignore (he's a former lawyer, so he has a both well worded and meaningless answer to anything), the whole xpac reeks of cutting down costs and prolonging time played metrics by all means. This might be ok for a F2P game, but for a B2P and P2P game it's just ridiculous.

Disclaimer: all of the above is my personal opinion, and based upon my personal experience. If you feel different, that's fine.
    Most that post about BfA dislike it. Most that post about anything on gaming forums do so out of dislike. That overwhelming trend in itself invalidates gaming forum complaints as a measure of overall player satisfaction.

How negatively (and ridiculous) it is seen by players overall is the telling factor and that isn't shown in forum posts but on financial statements.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    Most that post about BfA dislike it. Most that post about anything on gaming forums do so out of dislike. That overwhelming trend in itself invalidates gaming forum complaints as a measure of overall player satisfaction.

How negatively (and ridiculous) it is seen by players overall is the telling factor and that isn't shown in forum posts but on financial statements.
    The feedback in the Rift community, aside from the background noise, is generally on-point. The longtime players know the game better than the staff these days, and ignoring their complaints is what led to Trion's bankruptcy. Nostalgia for what it used to be still inspires a lot of thoughtful criticism, even if it comes across as negativity for its own sake. The real 'telling factor' is that community participation has declined to the point where the background noise is overwhelming the signal and doesn't get pushed off the front page of the forums for weeks or months.

Rift Chaser

Default Geesh Elayara- the Bliz is not that bad lol...

I agree BFA is not as good as Legion. Period. But it is better for the PvPers. The lore has some plot holes but keeps the ball rolling based on the books by Christie Golden. The raids are fun. I like the scalable mythic dungeons- the gear is good and you do not have to play as long as a raid if you do not have the time. You sound like a Classic player. The camps are definitely being divided. Anyway- it is busy - which is refreshing given the state of Rift. I miss busy here. I miss a lot of people, time spent tackling raids and mechanics. Rift actually had better raids than WoW- I think the original HK was the best. But Rift is not making new raids right now- and it is not busy. I will stick with a game that has a lot to do, and players to play with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3