+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Dear Gamigo- Please give me a reason not to quit RIFT for WoW Classic

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    The customer service sucks....and that is my major problem, not the bugs and lack of anything new. It's the crappy customer service. I am over half way through black tier loyalty too...The hard way also. And it will never get any farther.

I actually ran two patron accounts one's halfway through red and the other like you is 1/2 black. Like Gamigo, I'm in a wait and see before I invest any further. Stability first, I understand. Content is important. But yes, customer service is prime with all the other factors determining QoL these days.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Ah, this explains why Battle for Azeroth is such an extremely good xpac - 15 years of experience on how to make the perfect MMO finally paid off.

Yes, yes, I know, I agree, they make stupid decisions all the time and pretend they're geniuses, e.g. "let's innovate and uncap Vengeance, oh whoops, level 80 prot paladins are now soloing raids two xpacs ahead of them, we better innovate and cap Vengeance again" over and over again. But at least you no longer have to level up weapon skills (was so fun getting that one dude in a dungeon who decided to use us for that and contribute no DPS), you can now actually level as a holy paladin because Exorcism no longer has a CD, paladins are more than Seal buff bots, there are no more fire bosses that are immune to fire mages, etc. They're even keeping the original bugs in Classic, like multiple quests offered by a single NPC not displaying correctly, no text wrap on long quest objectives, and so on.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Yes, yes, I know, I agree, they make stupid decisions all the time and pretend they're geniuses, e.g. "let's innovate and uncap Vengeance, oh whoops, level 80 prot paladins are now soloing raids two xpacs ahead of them, we better innovate and cap Vengeance again" over and over again.
    My personal favorite is "we took PvP vendors out of the game because our players would not find them in game". I really loved that one, tells you a lot about the studio's mindset (both towards their customers, and towards their own ability to meaningful place things within the game).

And I honestly totally forgot that you had to level each type of weapon on its own; this was a real PITA back then, and rightfully went the way of the dodo. Luckily not the kind of surprise I'm going to run into, as I'm not going to play WoW classic - been there, done that, and understand perfectly well that the past cannot be relived.

Hey I'll have you know I was max rank on staff and hand2hand on a caster! What can I say punching things to death with a priest made me giggle.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    I don't want to go. I love RIFT, once upon a time it was far and away the best MMO out there. I love the game, the community, the friends I've made playing. But it all feels pointless now. I have all 5 classes with great gear. Sure, I can tune things up a bit more, but for what? Another TDez run? More DRRs? To do my dailies faster? More of the same raids?

You've made vague promises of upcoming content. We've all been looking forward, hoping you'll put something out. But to date it's been just that, vague promises. What do you have in the works? A new raid? About time, it's been 2 years since BoS came out. A new zone? New dungeons? Those won't make me as happy, but at least it's not the same old same old. Give us ANYTHING. Tell us SOMETHING about what you have in the pipes. In a few weeks you're going to lose a big chunk of your player base to Blizzard. That's inevitable. I really don't want to be part of that exodus, but I will be unless you COMMUNICATE. Give me something to look forward to or I'm gone as well.
    SO much truth here.

I mean EU is suffering atm Current peak is hardly about 300 people I can clearly say. but EU is fine you know. Communication is very bad lately and they dont care it looks like. They opened Rift weekly faq thing on HOTS discord but they didnt answer like 1.5 month after that Clowd shut that thing down. I mean I just dont understand like when you have 3 CM but none of them answering any question in forum. Just strange isn't it ? They are like acting everything fine attitude and that bothers me. I'm not a white knight I cant act like everythings is fine all the time this is a MMORPG game you know. If you not willing to create content and such just shut it down man whats the point ? But Its true milking is the easy way to earn profit from white knights and they are loving that I can clearly say.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Champion

hell im playing guild wars 2 and it still has a lot of people playing . and more new content to do . they got the idea right with buy now , get expansions + full game unlock to do whatever . with the ability to trade credits for coin/vice versa (once the purchase is complete.... sort of like rift... anyways im rambling you get the idea. even weird games still got more people playing than rift..... and rift could have been awesome

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by rhaegys View Post
    Honestly, just go play Classic. Blizzard takes care of their game and their playerbase. It's amazing in the difference between Blizzard and whoever is running this game.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Acti-Blizzard doesn't "take care of their player base", they take care of their bottom line at the expense of the player base.

Rift Chaser

Default Blizzard answers their tickets and email though Bri Bates

The Bliz has its issues. Customer Service is not one of them. There are a lot of people excited for Classic- I am not one of them. I have no desire to relive what was- any more than I was interested in Prime. That said- my retail sub will get me Classic should I choose to play. I can make gold in game to pay for my monthly sub if need be- and my guild will help out with gold from the guild bank if I cannot make my sub fee. There is a LOT of activity in WoW- Classic or BFA. It is not perfect. Pugs are pugs. Grinding is an MMO feature. But there is a decent balance and good lore. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scabbz67 View Post
    If anyone here thinks that Blizzard's Customer Support and/or Communication is better than here your sadly mistaken (although it is a step up than here lol).
    A step up from here literally means it is better than here, making your mistake in your claim others were mistaken even sadder.

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Acti-Blizzard doesn't "take care of their player base", they take care of their bottom line at the expense of the player base.
    Every for profit company puts the bottom line first.

When I called their customer service and spoke to a person directly (a rarity in itself for gaming companies it seems) my issue was handled quickly and professionally.

Quality customer service maintains customer satisfaction which maintains a solid bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    Every for profit company puts the bottom line first.

When I called their customer service and spoke to a person directly (a rarity in itself for gaming companies it seems) my issue was handled quickly and professionally.

Quality customer service maintains customer satisfaction which maintains a solid bottom line.
    Wow has the best customer service of any mmo I ever played. You got a new game and figured you'd never play again, so you delete all your toons, even after 4 years( my experience) they bring them back from the dead, no problem. With Wow they have done that twice for me. One time I deleted and an ex did the other. So far GW2 and Rift has the worse I ever experienced. Age of Conan is in maintenance mode and has better CS then those two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Ah, this explains why Battle for Azeroth is such an extremely good xpac - 15 years of experience on how to make the perfect MMO finally paid off.

By what account? That of the perpetual Whine and Moan Choir that endlessly clogs up game forums with negativity, or the much larger number too busy playing the game instead.

Forums always over represent dissatisfaction, because people are more prone to complaint than compliment. The comparative revenue it drew in to the last expansion would be a better representation of player satisfaction than forum angst.
    Last edited by KnightFalz; 08-11-2019 at 10:35 AM.

I'm pretty sure if gamigo devs did not want to see us leaving then they would have tried a little harder to make appearance online to minimize the fallout of all this negativity in forums ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

I'm pretty sure developer forum presence would make virtually no difference as to the level of forum negativity. I have seen very few forums that aren't perpetually laced with it regardless of the surrounding factors. It is just a handy excuse for negativity trotted out in cases where it can be applied, which is replaced with a different excuse when developers are present.

Reasons for negativity will always be found or contrived whole-cloth, simply for the pursuit and presence of negativity. For some that is their whole reason for posting, as would be shown by a history filled with biting remarks without even a trace of constructive critique.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast