• 2 Post By mg83
  • 1 Post By MissGreen
  • 1 Post By Ranyssa

Thread: Casually Elite's Summerfest Dimension Contest 2019

Shadowlander

Default Casually Elite's Summerfest Dimension Contest 2019

Casually Elite Summer 2019 Dimension Contest
    (NA only)

Summer is well underway and to heat things up even more, Casually Elite is pleased to announce our Summerfest Dimension Contest and Summerfest Costume Contest! It’s time to come to the beach and enjoy the sun, and while you're there, there's a good chance you'll see a local shop right next to the water, so for this dimension challenge we want you to build that shop! It can be anything from a beach cantina to a surf shack, as long as it’s something you might find next to a pool or on the beach so use your imagination. But dont forget to come dressed accordingly! There’s nothing more awkward than a weirdo under the sun wearing a raincoat and you don’t want to be that guy do you? Costumes should be elaborated with the Summer season idea in mind meaning themes like beach, pool party or summer sports, but original ideas are also welcome so put your brains to work and show us something hot!
    If have interest in participating in the Costume Contest, please refer to this link: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5380471 and if you want to participate in the dimension contest, read below.

RULES

For this contest, only players from the NA servers will be allowed.
    Must fit the theme of a beachside or poolside shop.
    Must be a new build.
    Max item count is 1200.

Entries should be applied to the comments section in this forum post
    All entries must include the following information:
    - Home Shard
    - Character Name
    - Dimension Name
    - Dimension Key

It is also recommended to keep your dimensions closed until the judging date.

TIME

Dimension entries must be sent in by August 28th, 2019 at 11:59pm server, in the comments section for this post
    There will be no late entries allowed.
    Dimensions must be open for judging before August 29th, 2019 for judging or they will be disqualified.
    Winners will be announced on August 31st, 2019.

JUDGING CRITERIA

- Skill : Did you use only pre-made items or create ones from scratch? Do the edges of items fit together properly?
    - Theme: Can we tell that your dimension is within the contest theme?
    - Composition: How well does the dimension flow? How much space was utilized? Is it cramped up or spaced out?
    - Detail: Is it fairly simple or full of the little things that bring the dimension to life?
    - Creativity: How unique is the dimension and its use of items?
    Each of the five criteria will be graded on a 1-5 scale for a total of 25 possible points.

JUDGES

Kyela@Faeblight, Lexya@Faeblight and Caduto@Greybriar.

PRIZES

-First place: 1 REX (Rift Exchange) + 1 random Summerfest dimension bird
    -Second place: 2000 platinum + 1 random Summerfest dimension bird
    -Third place: 1000 platinum + 1 random Summerfest dimension bird

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by mg83; 08-04-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Shadowlander

*Reserved for updates*

I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you to your guild for holding two very fun contests for the community. Thank you!

I may get on board with this one, I am not sure yet. It is very tempting.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Soulwalker

Default Item Count

If we build in an empty dim with an item count limit higher than 1200, but adhere to the contest limit within the dim is that okay?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you to your guild for holding two very fun contests for the community. Thank you!

I may get on board with this one, I am not sure yet. It is very tempting.
    You're very welcome, we glad to be presenting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranyssa View Post
    If we build in an empty dim with an item count limit higher than 1200, but adhere to the contest limit within the dim is that okay?
    Yes, that's fine. The capacity of the dimension doesn't matter, only the total items used.

~Kyela

Soulwalker

only for NA? oh well.

Good luck! Always looking forward to the results of competitions ^^
    Fwob - Zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDominion View Post
    only for NA? oh well.
    Sorry. We would have liked to include the EU shards in the contest but unfortunately as a NA guild it's more difficult for us to award potential prizes on EU. It's something we are looking into though for any future contests we may hold, though.
    Last edited by Quillfire; 08-06-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Default Just checking in,

We post our Contest/dim info here in this forum before the 28th of Aug, and no where else?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Maybe PM Zyra/Mobi (or both) - I'm really not sure whose CM here in Rift anymore & ask if they can sticky this contest in the Dimension section as many dimensioneers only read that forum category.

Very cool, have fun!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-12-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Maybe PM Zyra/Mobi (or both) - I'm really not sure whose CM here in Rift anymore & ask if they can sticky this contest in the Dimension section as many dimensioneers only read that forum category.

Very cool, have fun!
    We did contact the CM's about making the thread sticky but haven't heard back yet. And thanks for the tip on the dimension category. The contest has been reposted there as well.

Shadowlander

Faeblight
    Mynxi
    "Stay Salty"
    Island Cove

+ Reply to Thread