+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Other MMOs Like Rift?

Quote Originally Posted by ZucchiniNoodles View Post
    This said, why spend my time (and money, albeit the $15 a month is peanuts) playing a game that obviously there is no concern for the player base. I like a good MMO like Rift, and it has been one of my favorites for many years, but I think I need to find a new one to play that at least appears to have a future.

Are there any good MMOs out there that are like Rift? (in gameplay/leveing/gearing up, I don't care about story/lore)
    This opinion will vary ofc. But Rift was largely formed after Wow. Who doesn't know that one? But you might want to try Neverwinter. Its is a bit different but to me is easy to get into like Rift. Only thing is cost after you advance a bit.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    This opinion will vary ofc. But Rift was largely formed after Wow. Who doesn't know that one? But you might want to try Neverwinter. Its is a bit different but to me is easy to get into like Rift. Only thing is cost after you advance a bit.
    Did they finally get rid of the goldscammers there?

Telaran

O god, Brasse is in Pantheon. She's probably gonna rudely tell the players to go play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Thanks. I am going to try Neverwinter. It looks pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    I have the ghost of a guild on Hailol. Most of my raiders left after SFP came out- which was an awful rollout- no raid, only 1-2 dungeons working, lots of bugs, and it was not free (it was 40.00 US dollars). Sure eventually it became free- but that was long after many raiders left. I started scouting other games to move what I could salvage of the guild. FFIV is a very good game- but I do not like the art very much. Tera is great for those who like open world PvP- I do not. Guild Wars is not exactly centered on progression- which I enjoy. I do enjoy lore- a good story gives me a reason to grind. All MMOs grind- but there should be enough reward in it to keep you interested. Black Desert Online is great- but it was missing heart. I ended up creating a guild in World of Warcraft. I- and the few guildies that came over with me- enjoy it. It is lively, has frequent content, and there is a lot to do. The interface reminds me of Rift, but the engine and customer service is better. It has its grindy issues- but there are those who think it is too easy and are eagerly awaiting Classic- which is coming out next month. I would throw out a cautionary tale about Pantheon. It lives day to day on crowdfunding and investors- and has been in the Alpha phase - that I know about- for 5 years. It is not going public any time soon. It does look promising- but the financials are not there.

Noted, the other option is to start an alt on the EU servers which seem to run when NA's down. I've downloaded WoW to pick up where I left off for Rift. I just can't seem to get into it.

i jump between WOW and GW2.
    None is like Rift, but its the closest i can find.

Personally I would be very, very wary of Pantheon. As someone who lived through beta and live Vanguard (the previous notable Brad McQuaid project) it had huge problems. Some of the ideas (and crafting in particular) were great, but the project as a whole failed badly. I would rather hitch my future gaming wagon to Ashes of Creation. Unfortunately that is still the best part of a year away, and probably end of year-ish for paid alpha 2/beta, but they seem to have the right attitude. Gamers building a game for gamers. It is a sandbox MMORPG, however, which will be quite foreign to those that have only played theme park style games.

There's also the DAoC sequel, Camelot Unchained, somewhere on the horizon, which is worthy of consideration, given their previous success with DAoC.
    Last edited by Linolea; 07-28-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Champion

Someone sent a video on Wildstar. Whilst i agree this was a awsome MMO the things is that it was, it is no more because Wildstar closed a while back.

As for what to play is probably more about what you are looking for. Imo and you are not going to like it. RIFT is VERY outdated and pretty much any decent MMO is better.

Well GW2 is my game since forever so i am a bit biased around it and why i have more info but here we go. If you want a game that offer you tons of PvE in terms of Open world, Dungeons (in this case it is called fractals), story (new chapters every 3-4 month), raids (very nice raids, but not hardcore) sPvP 5v5 and WvW (instanced open world PvP)
    GW2 is buy to play which means you pay for expansions. You pay 50 Euro/dollar for both (or buy them on sale and get them even cheaper) There is no subfee of any kind. If you are not logged in during a new chapter you will have to buy them too but you choose how many or none at all, up to you if you want to see the full story and the maps that comes with it.

This video describe pretty well what to expect.from GW2 https://youtu.be/e0yyRWZD2-0

If you want more hard core raiding i would say WoW or FF. Both are subs and provide more content then RIFT do in terms of updates. FF more so then WoW i belive.

I guess ESO is a option too. I am not able to like it at all no matter how hard i have tried because of the clunky combat. But if you come from RIFT then anything is better combat so might be a better transmission there for you . Regardless how i feel about it, it bviously is a MMO that are doing well and have frequent updates as well.

NONE! If you like Rift so much, play on the EU servers( who had problems for about 6 weeks and it's fine now). Some of us aren't worried or freaking as we expected a lot of problems because of EU. That is where I have been playing and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Noted, the other option is to start an alt on the EU servers which seem to run when NA's down. I've downloaded WoW to pick up where I left off for Rift. I just can't seem to get into it.

Everytime I open wow, I just sit there not wanting to play. I canceled my sub already.

Definitely giving wow classic a try. Played vanilla many years ago when wow first came out. Now to find a guild that enjoys all the old content and raids. So long Rift, it was a good run.
    Just, comfortably numb....

2013 Storm Legion was pretty gud

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    2013 Storm Legion was pretty gud

Think that's about it. Afterwards...

Rift Disciple

2010 or so I started RIFT. It was my first MMO. I played a lot because it was hard to find work during that time. Last few four years, work and family has grown exponentially. I'll forever have a soft spot for RIFT (and youse knuckleheads) for putting up with me and mine---three generations and assorted lunatics cycling through here---during that time.

I downloaded GWII and Dark-Something, but I'm really not into learning any more games and I basically wasted my money buying them. My kids are more into pvp'ing me and themselves than gaming.

Just sending love to RIFT in a kinda rude thread.....

Rift Disciple

WoW Classic is releasing Aug 28. If you ever played or wanted to try the original game when it still used actual skill trees and took a good amount of time to lvl up, it may be worth while checking out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast