+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Failed to connect to the server?

Rift Disciple

Just logged in after reopening Glyph and installing an update... Servers still locked.

Soulwalker

Default Shard Status seems to have an update, and connecting now, but shards locked...

Earlier I was getting failed connect retry/exit. That stopped then servers were all down, now most are locked. I suspect they are working towards back up finally after a looooooooong day of update? loooooooooooooooooooongcat is loooooooooooooooooong JS

Looking forward to getting the new week going, guild/etc.. I need to get to my TP

Telaran

It says the shards are unlocked and sounds like we should be able to play, but after picking up the update and attempting to start up it gets to about 68%, slows to a crawl, and at about 74% or so cuts to a failed to connect error.

I guess I won't be picking up my daily bonus or doing anything before reset. Hopefully the weekly bonus will be there properly tomorrow... assuming we can log in and play some time then.

Default update ?

someone managed to connect to the game, it is written that I am not under the right version, I made a repair, try to install an update that is not there ^^, uninstall glyph , reinstall, I do not know what to do, ha if I also sent a request, am I the only one to have this problem?
    Sorry for my english, this is not my language
    kisses

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Hey hey,

shards are unlocked for me. Do you still experience this issue?
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Rift Chaser

Managed 74% max before getting the "failed to connect" message.

Thought I'd try one last band aid before uninstalling the whole game:

Set the launcher to "Run as administrator".

No idea why, but this enables me to play the game.
    Last edited by Fiftyish; 07-25-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Soulwalker

seems to lock up now when i click character to play...freezes and nothing.....will not load o.o

Shadowlander

It loads for me but none of the NPCs will load in and the game freezes when I try to swap shards

Soulwalker

"The last shard you played on is currently unavailable"

Soulwalker

Freezings, disappearing NPC, Auction house don't work ...

Plane Touched

Had to close and restart Glyph earlier to get in (kind of annoying because it only starts while Windows Explorer is running as admin, so it involves a lot of ending and restarting). Mass disconnection just before the server's daily reset, available again within a couple minutes. Now I've been disconnected from the server (along with everyone else, I presume), the shards showed as being online for a few minutes but choosing one gave an error message that they were temporarily unavailable, and now all the shards show as offline.

Soulwalker

And they are done yet again! I managed to play a whole 10 minutes! It's 7:45a, EST. Going to be another day of no Rift?

Telaran

Yeah, I hadda get outta bed around 5am EDT and was able to log in without a problem. I think I just needed to restart Glyph after the update, something that's usually not required.

I just logged into the game again now without a problem.... but I'm not holding my breath over it's stability just yet.

Gets to 74% and then "Failed to connect to server"
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Alizabeth View Post
    I have reinstalled Glyph, ran Rift update, ran Rift Repair - still I only load up to about 67% and I get a connect to server error.

This is pretty ridiculous.
    Has been the same for me all day. I had a bad system crash the other day, thought it was all my end. Reinstalled and patched up rift and still no luck.

it loads up to about 67%
    Status at the top left of the screen
    "Connecting to character selection server at alternate address 208.94.27.31:80"

And then Error
    "Failed to connect to the server"
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 07-25-2019 at 05:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast