+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Aranka

Thread: Rex

Default Rex

How much is REX going for on an average price now a days? I've seen 4200 a while back but looking at the AH its like 6k plat? what are people actually paying for them now?

depends on EU or NA

EU is freaking insane

NA is still around 4500

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    depends on EU or NA

EU is freaking insane

NA is still around 4500
    Thank you very much

but count on prices being around 9k and 5k in a month or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Less people selling them or what?

why would it go up so much? ... its been 4k'ish for a long time

edit: ... who dictates these prices anyways?
    Last edited by Merlin666; 07-23-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

For long time? On EU? How many years ago and in what parallel universe? rex since many years is euRex=naRex*2. I was buying rex on eu till it hit around 4k (3 years ago and it went up soon) then i made alt on NA and buy rex there (was for around 2k). It goes up on NA and on EU and always NA*2=EU. Most items, arts, mats etc are more expensive on EU. I only saw bags that were more expensive on NA.

Who dictates priceson EU? Sellers
    Who on NA? Sellers and buyers.
    On EU if i say "nope" dont want for 9k, somebody else will buy fast and you shall wait long for next rex seller. On NA i can say nope and shall buy for less soon.
    Last edited by TankGirl; 07-23-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu'@Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    For long time? On EU?
    ... no I'm on NA so anything i speak of is NA ... there are people trying to push it now to 4500 but i wouldn't pay it cuz you can get it for less. its just that most people that jump to answer prices in forums are usually also the ones trying to sell it as well so they push a higher price cuz quite frankly its the American way, not to mention no one one really wants to give a low ball price at risk that the one buying it aint patient enough to get it at that price. I'm also talking about private trade not AH, AH is always high ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com

Shield of Telara

Just before the event on NA on my shard the Rex prices in AH were about 4.4K to 5K. They had like 12 for sale. Within that day I checked the AH and all the Rex were gone. So prices usually go up during an event because of demand. I have friends who offer 4K all the time for Rex and in some cases they can just be going around farming dailies and stuff and usually just acquire the rex off the AH for the extra plat rather than waiting for someone to sell it. Some players are willing to wait, others simply can't be bothered and would rather get it as soon as possible. Some people will gladly spend an hour or two to get a 4K price on REX. I have seen some people offering 4.2K for instance on Crossevents just because others are trying to buy 2-3 REX at a time for 4K each. And since it is sparse they are willing to sacrifice the plat to undercut the ones who are trying to buy a lot of REX at a time for the usual 4K price.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-23-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    why would it go up so much? ... its been 4k'ish for a long time

edit: ... who dictates these prices anyways?
    Supply and demand I guess....back in the day, they were running 800-1000, some even lower than that. Not sure when It changed but it kind of sucks now. I think if I wanted something that badly I'd just pay the cash and buy the credits myself.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    Who dictates priceson EU? Sellers
    Who on NA? Sellers and buyers.
    On EU if i say "nope" dont want for 9k, somebody else will buy fast and you shall wait long for next rex seller. On NA i can say nope and shall buy for less soon.
    You have to look at it in reverse as well. If you are seller you can buy the rex for cash and sell only 2 Rex and you basically have enough for a decked out Fragment inventory all leveled to 15 and the helm and range weapon. That is a fast track that would take an NA player 2x the investment in real money. It is just better to spend the money for EU players than it is for NA players.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-23-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Rex have a tendency to go up some 250 to 500plat per event...

As goes, people don't always have the time to get the game currency to buy what they want from store.. mounts, bis gear item, dimension stuff...
    So people farm the plat to get the rex.. higher demand.. which ups the price..
    And that's not counting the resellers, who bought the rex cheaper before the event and sell at higher price..

If you have the plat, you can control the rex market...

Rex have a tendency to go up some 250 to 500plat per event...

As goes, people don't always have the time to get the game currency to buy what they want from store.. mounts, bis gear item, dimension stuff...
    So people farm the plat to get the rex.. higher demand.. which ups the price..
    And that's not counting the resellers, who bought the rex cheaper before the event and sell at higher price..

If you have the plat, you can control the rex market...
    you cant actually say that's gonna be the case going forward, i mean the ball is really in gamigos court, if the content they release in future aint worth the credits cuz its either recolored worthless junk OR the community simply don't feel it worth it given the total content that is out at that time then that will effect the price of rex cuz the demand will go down ... i mean you cant sell high if there aint a demand for it ... er well actually you can try but you will wind up getting undercut cuz there wont be a demand ... i hope i made sense there ... look at the seals in this summer-fest, people are already questioning whether there worth pursuing for various reasons which i wont get into here cuz that's not the point of this thread ... I'm just trying to say that large content expansion's and Trion aint here anymore and in spite of everything that has been mentioned surrounding Gamigo in other threads we still really don't have a definitive knowledge of there intentions or if they can pull it off (to be fair , they probably don't even know completely yet) or even what the people playing rift will think of those intentions. all of this will effect the price of rex ...

sadly, the past years have shown my point...

About one year ago, the rex on NA was doing some 3300p. We're one year and 4 world events further and rex is doing 4k and at times more on AH. And the promo events did their bit too.. Enough people who didn't want to wait 3 years for an event to pop again to finally be able to get the currency for the mounts..

As for your thought on demand dropping... it's more likely supply will be dropping faster.. and the balance between supply and demand... welll.. there will always be players with (more than) enough plat to buy a rex.. so demand is not likely to drop that fast.

Besides.. if you don't buy it for 200p more in ah then it would be through trading f2f, then somebody else will before it's gone and the next auction is higher in price because people want the compensation for the ah fee back too...

+ Reply to Thread