+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: CRY FOR CONTENT

  1. #1
    Telaran Motherkhaleesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    84

    Default CRY FOR CONTENT

    Dear gamigo!

    Rift is slowly dying at a fast pace

    as a guild leader i see this hard we recruit we progress as players finish eternals left with nothing to do they either AFK in TB (Incl me) or just log on raid days to help players get eternals wich they also eventually just AFK or log raid days

    Eternals has been nerfed so much upgrading is a cake walk

    i get your working on QoL but cant you release a raid keep us busy a zone perhaps and then work on more QoL

    QoL means nothing without content to play
    <Victrix Mortalis> Valcury@typhiria Motherkhaleesi@typhiria Quetsyeah@typhiria

  2. #2
    Ascendant simpa1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    I think in the situation we are right now , a new raid with lets say 3 new bosses won't help much the game population. It will be played from a tiny portion of the players.
    I believe what we need asap is a new zone, with new quests,zone events,artifacts,achievements,mount rewards. And add later in this zone a dungeon and raid.
    People are bored staying afk at TB just a new raid wont do much, like the new dungeon they released a few months back.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Guys, do you believe gamigo can deliver new content in form of new zone, especially lore and art wise? I am grateful the game is still running but i can't imagine creating new content.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilasar View Post
    Guys, do you believe gamigo can deliver new content in form of new zone, especially lore and art wise? I am grateful the game is still running but i can't imagine creating new content.
    The main reason why rift is dying that kind of people who comments like that and pampering gamigo or trion devs all the time. Guys game is alive pls they are keeping server alive thats enough come on...

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherkhaleesi View Post
    Dear gamigo!

    Rift is slowly dying at a fast pace

    as a guild leader i see this hard we recruit we progress as players finish eternals left with nothing to do they either AFK in TB (Incl me) or just log on raid days to help players get eternals wich they also eventually just AFK or log raid days

    Eternals has been nerfed so much upgrading is a cake walk

    i get your working on QoL but cant you release a raid keep us busy a zone perhaps and then work on more QoL

    QoL means nothing without content to play
    They want us to beg literally it seems like. EU is literally ghost town lately but who cares. We dont even know what they are working on. They are not even answering important questions and they even opened weekly faq thing on discord 3 week passed still there is 0 answer as you can see.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    a new raid with lets say 3 new bosses won't help much the game population. It will be played from a tiny portion of the players.
    Yeah I think you're on to something, here.

    For me, I found out about Rift last year through a friend, and I like to play together, but he can really only play for a couple hours on the weekends. He's not a raider, so if a new raid came out, I'd of course want to try it but at the same time, it would probably be another thing in-game we couldn't do together. It would be fun to see a new zone we can do together (but not all that necessary, because we're leveling alts together at the same pace, so that's fun enough ).

    I guess it's not all that big of a deal to me, because the game still has a new feeling for me (I've been playing for a year and a couple months). but I can also understand for players who've been here for several years and have probably seen it all. We're human and we sometimes need variety and novelty in our lives, so I understand the cry for content. So for that reason, I hope o.p. gets new content!
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Omerr

    Why are you here? Maybe its a cultural thing but I am unsure when virtual strangers had to become beholden to you (and others who think like you.)

    Your attitude when someone shows the slightest amount of gratitude/happiness is psychology that goes beyond a game and I hope y'all get support for this because life isn't about a bunch of "let's force folks to think like I do or tell them they suck when they don't and this will help everyone" anonymous posts where the majority have no clue who you are or care to.

    I'm still here, hoping the best for Gamigo and Rift but if anyone really thought smoothing the wrinkles out of this game was going to be quick y'all are living in a hole somewhere oblivious of how some things work.

    You can come and go, play other games OR sit here sniping any positive comment so those whose wage this games life actually affects don't get to enjoy even a little something like a nice comment because someone is grateful even as they hope for more content.

    Whats your agenda? Do you really think if you force every good comment off the forums this will help change or are you trying to make sure the game dies?

    Genuinely curious.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    The easier the content the more people play it. It really is that simple. Look at TDEZ. Years later it still is the most spammed in cross events. And even though a lot of players disagree Instant Adventures brought players together early and fast but it was just too unrewarding in the long run it died off. One good thing they can do is up the experience gain and rewards for doing them. Make another 10 man that is easy for players to group up and do publically.

    I think the instant level boost and plat syncs was really what killed off a lot of game play. I know Trion wanted to make money but they ended up making it easier for people to pay to "not play" their game in the long run. The plat sync for planar fragments.. yes it is gruesome but some people came into the expansion with enough plat to get fully decked out level 15s. That is a crazy advantage in both pvp and pve. A new expansion should start you over fresh and people should be working more or less with each other in an even pace. The ability to bypass content from the get-go was terrible implementation and caused a lot of problems for guilds. The founding devs didn't see it that way. They eventually made a way for players to catch up later not like the newer devs who allowed players to fast track early on. This caused a massive division in the player base and guilds had to restructure since not all players were playing at the same pace. Quite a few players in my old guild spammed individual reward charges, trade rex for plat and then they had to wait for players to catch up. They eventually stopped playing and became raid loggers while others were still months behind them.

    I think we can also expand on the wardrobe system. I have played games that people just want the skin of the items. They are willing to farm for those skins but they don't want the hassle of forming a party to do so. A very old MMO I played had these cool skins that were only farmable in single player content. It was repeatable. What I think they should do is make single player content like this in Rift where players just go off and farm skins but the bosses are way harder to kill. Maybe add a hard mode to all the single player instances Can possibly be done with older dungeon revamps as well.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-15-2019 at 06:25 AM.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    The easier the content the more people play it. It really is that simple.
    Agree with this, when a game ages folks don't want to dwell in lower levels but there needs to be incentive still to go through old zones etc. Instant Adventure (like you said) were a good intro to this but needing more fleshing out - maybe a limit on how many per day with higher XP. Increasing XP on the storyline and mentored dungeons has probably been mentioned over the years also.

    Leveling in Rift isn't fun especially if you're new & on your own. Rift Prime eventually received a better system than live that included all levels accessing all warfronts.

    For there to be new content we need more people, so making the leveling experience more sublime might help increase the chances of both?

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Omerr

    Why are you here? Maybe its a cultural thing but I am unsure when virtual strangers had to become beholden to you (and others who think like you.)

    Your attitude when someone shows the slightest amount of gratitude/happiness is psychology that goes beyond a game and I hope y'all get support for this because life isn't about a bunch of "let's force folks to think like I do or tell them they suck when they don't and this will help everyone" anonymous posts where the majority have no clue who you are or care to.

    I'm still here, hoping the best for Gamigo and Rift but if anyone really thought smoothing the wrinkles out of this game was going to be quick y'all are living in a hole somewhere oblivious of how some things work.

    You can come and go, play other games OR sit here sniping any positive comment so those whose wage this games life actually affects don't get to enjoy even a little something like a nice comment because someone is grateful even as they hope for more content.

    Whats your agenda? Do you really think if you force every good comment off the forums this will help change or are you trying to make sure the game dies?

    Genuinely curious.
    It's not a cultural thing tho if you have a slight amount of brain you can share the same thoughts with me.

    This game doesn't have proper content like 2.5 years. I'm still playing time to time tho but that is a hugee shame. I cannot act like everything fine all the time I'm not a pamper guy. We are paying money and wasting our time for something right ? What we got was a Re-colored stuff and some shop items.

    I dont know are you still playing tho but can you log on the EU server 1 day and see what is happening ? Who is faulty here me or gamigo ?

    I'm asking you why peoples are leaving day by day ? Let me answer you, When there is no content, low population peoples are starting to say ''ded game'' and thats common.

    Of course some people can enjoy the game still but I simply dont because I'm doing the same raid like maybe 2 years and thats kinda suck tbh.

    They opened rift weekly faq things on HOTS discord and 3 week passed again still 0 answer.

    I mean the problem is indeed Rift community I finally realized that. Peoples were saying that and I wasn't believing...

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Omerr

    Why are you here? Maybe its a cultural thing but I am unsure when virtual strangers had to become beholden to you (and others who think like you.)

    Your attitude when someone shows the slightest amount of gratitude/happiness is psychology that goes beyond a game and I hope y'all get support for this because life isn't about a bunch of "let's force folks to think like I do or tell them they suck when they don't and this will help everyone" anonymous posts where the majority have no clue who you are or care to.

    I'm still here, hoping the best for Gamigo and Rift but if anyone really thought smoothing the wrinkles out of this game was going to be quick y'all are living in a hole somewhere oblivious of how some things work.

    You can come and go, play other games OR sit here sniping any positive comment so those whose wage this games life actually affects don't get to enjoy even a little something like a nice comment because someone is grateful even as they hope for more content.

    Whats your agenda? Do you really think if you force every good comment off the forums this will help change or are you trying to make sure the game dies?

    Genuinely curious.
    You hit 70 yet fam?
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    It's not a cultural thing tho if you have a slight amount of brain you can share the same thoughts with me.

    This game doesn't have proper content like 2.5 years. I'm still playing time to time tho but that is a hugee shame. I cannot act like everything fine all the time I'm not a pamper guy. We are paying money and wasting our time for something right ? What we got was a Re-colored stuff and some shop items.

    I dont know are you still playing tho but can you log on the EU server 1 day and see what is happening ? Who is faulty here me or gamigo ?

    I'm asking you why peoples are leaving day by day ? Let me answer you, When there is no content, low population peoples are starting to say ''ded game'' and thats common.

    Of course some people can enjoy the game still but I simply dont because I'm doing the same raid like maybe 2 years and thats kinda suck tbh.

    They opened rift weekly faq things on HOTS discord and 3 week passed again still 0 answer.

    I mean the problem is indeed Rift community I finally realized that. Peoples were saying that and I wasn't believing...
    Pretty sure she's never hit 70 on any toon.

    Also, the actual issue is management. They don't seem to understand how to run a mmo nor do they seem willing to hire more devs. Getting devs up to speed will take probably around 6 months to get them comfortable with rifts idiotic programming and dev tools. Yet, it is still better than have 2 known devs working on the game. The management also reads the questions brought forward by Zyra, but don't answer them or don't know how to answer them because it seems like they know jack **** about the game. I'm pretty sure management hasn't actually played the game and doesn't know much about it. Because if they did, some of the questions are easy to answer. You working on it? No? Okay, why not? Priority? Okay. You working on it? Yes? Okay, good. A 5-year-old could run things better than the idiots in management.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 07-15-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

  13. #13
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    It's not a cultural thing tho if you have a slight amount of brain you can share the same thoughts with me.

    This game doesn't have proper content like 2.5 years. I'm still playing time to time tho but that is a hugee shame. I cannot act like everything fine all the time I'm not a pamper guy. We are paying money and wasting our time for something right ? What we got was a Re-colored stuff and some shop items.

    I dont know are you still playing tho but can you log on the EU server 1 day and see what is happening ? Who is faulty here me or gamigo ?

    I'm asking you why peoples are leaving day by day ? Let me answer you, When there is no content, low population peoples are starting to say ''ded game'' and thats common.

    Of course some people can enjoy the game still but I simply dont because I'm doing the same raid like maybe 2 years and thats kinda suck tbh.

    They opened rift weekly faq things on HOTS discord and 3 week passed again still 0 answer.

    I mean the problem is indeed Rift community I finally realized that. Peoples were saying that and I wasn't believing...
    None of that has anything to do with someone saying they are grateful and has nothing to do with anyone sitting somewhere in the world and still enjoying the game, it's none of your business if they are that's what you don't seem to get.

    Just like its no ones business what level I am though I admit its entertaining that some folks think this gives them leverage of some sort in an intelligent way.

    Truthfully though I stopped enjoying the combat system in Rift as a Cleric when hybrids went out the window but you folks who kept supporting the class changes and kept leveling are the reason its all wrong - see how silly that sounds?

    Exactly.

    Edit: Differences aside I do appreciate your response though and mean that. I was wondering maybe I'm missing something because I bet you're a nice person really and I get how frustrating its been to watch such a cool game change so much over the years but why take it out on each other/hinder other peoples joy? That part will never make sense to me.

    Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    None of that has anything to do with someone saying they are grateful and has nothing to do with anyone sitting somewhere in the world and still enjoying the game, it's none of your business if they are that's what you don't seem to get.

    Just like its no ones business what level I am though I admit its entertaining that some folks think this gives them leverage of some sort in an intelligent way.

    Truthfully though I stopped enjoying the combat system in Rift as a Cleric when hybrids went out the window but you folks who kept supporting the class changes and kept leveling are the reason its all wrong - see how silly that sounds?

    Exactly.
    As a loyal player I've supported that game much more than you probably and you are trying to give me a lecture ?

    I dont care if you have a 70 toon or not but this game has some serious problems but you are not seeing that is so clear. As I said I'm not a pamper guy I'll talk the truths and I'll whine about all the time till I see something fresh and good.
    Last edited by Omerr; 07-15-2019 at 08:40 AM.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  15. #15
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    The easier the content the more people play it. It really is that simple. Look at TDEZ. Years later it still is the most spammed in cross events.
    i really cant believe you said that. that is soo sooo wrong and cant be any farther from the truth. the only reason TDez is as popular as it is still is because everyone needs the intel for one thing or another. if your not going for vostigar chests (any of them) then you are going for upgrade parts, if your not going any of them then your going for the jetpack that is 16k intel ... why do a vostigar zone event or whatever for 80'ish intel when you can get 450 on one TDez event? ... trust me, if for some weird reason intel wasn't needed anymore the first thing that would fall off the radar would be TDez ...

    EDIT: the easy peasy style in this game is slowly lkilling the game, all the peeps that were into the challange were the first ones to leave looking for more chalenge ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 07-15-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts