+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul changing

Soulwalker

Default Soul changing

questing when changing from 1 soul to another how are u able to keep the hot keys for that soul.
    every time i moving from 1 to the other i have to rest up my action bar any and all help would be nice

Rift Chaser

Settiings > Interface > Action Bars > Clear buttons for removed abilities, uncheck that box.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

thxs but i have done that and it still doesnt work sent tickey in to the game but that has been days since responded

Sword of Telara

I think what you might want to try is Settings>Interface>Action Bars>Shared Action Bar. The only downside is that you can't share the main action bar.

Soulwalker

YEP tired that too have to reload they my keys every time i change roles kinda lame atm

Rift Chaser

Settiings > Interface > Action Bars > Lock Ability Buttons, check that box.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 07-13-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

yep that didnt work either

Plane Touched

1) are you changing roles ?
    2) you need to change roles not just souls.
    3) to change roles so that you can have a saved build/spec on each role. Hit (n) that opens your soul window then click the "roles" button at the bottom. The roles button is what lets you save your specs/builds/roles and not have to reset your soul tree each time and it also saves the ability setups you have netween role changes.
    4) if you dont have enough roles click the "buy new role" button thats down at the bottom and it should be pretty cheap couple gold or plat, until you get to like 6+.

I am saying this because it sounds like you are changing your soul tree each time in one role instead of saving the tree and using another role slot for another soul tree save.

Soulwalker

You may also want to try an addon called roles which will give a drop down box for your different roles and swap gear for tank, dps ...

But it does sound like you are rebuilding souls rather than swapping

I think Sancin is asking a relevant question...

Changing roles means you have unlocked more role slots.. You can find the option to buy role slots in your soul tree window, in the bottom of the screen.

Changing roles means activating a completely different set of souls through the change role option.. In menubar > player > abilities, you should see a button with roles when you have more roles available.

Changing the souls in the soultree to create another role is not the same as changing roles.

You can set the actionbars for each role. Nothing should change those actionbars, unless you change something in the soultree or in the game-settings.

Soulwalker

thxs that alot of info i will try it out again thxs for this will put it to good use and let yall know if it works.

yes i am using differnt role but when i set up skill for that role and then change to another role all my set up icon for that skill doesnt change after i set them up to the way i want. i will try this addon see if this wil keep my hot bar in the set up i made them. thxs for the help
    Last edited by Gurgii; 07-14-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Soulwalker

i think you are almost there. what you now need to do is for each role toggle "do not share"
    certain action bars (like #2 and #3). for all your roles. (esc/settings/interface/action bars) now you will have two action bars for each role which stay with that role. likewise, bar #4 can be toggled for sharing by all roles (good for mounts/potions/etc). how many shared/nonshared bars is your choice. the main action bar nonshared.

Soulwalker

got it working had to un check the share boxes to have them saved for each role thxs all the help

+ Reply to Thread