+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Shard Status - What happens with Zaviel ?

Soulwalker

Default EU Shard Status - What happens with Zaviel ?

Hello,
    Can you provide full info over the shard status ? You mention EU is up, but Zaviel is not.
    What is the problem and when will it become available again ?
    In general, the communication could be improved. Something more client-minded would be appreciated, as also announcing compensations for the time we pay for, and that we lose.
    And I don't speak about some useless in-game stuff, I mean like a free extension of the subscription by one month or something.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by belsoko View Post
    Hello,
    Can you provide full info over the shard status ? You mention EU is up, but Zaviel is not.
    In general, the communication could be improved. Something more client-minded would be appreciated, as also announcing compensations for the time we pay for, and that we lose.
    And I don't speak about some useless in-game stuff, I mean like a free extension of the subscription by one month or something.
    You might have missed 'all of the information' [almost none] about them deleting Zaviel and Gelidra. You have no other option but Typhiria any longer.

Also, if your toon names have been taken by someone else, tough luck. You're screwed. Also, if you have more than the now maximum allowed number of toons, you're screwed. And I could go on with some stuff, but I won't.

The 'communication' hasn't even started. We're still waiting for the 'soon to come more information' from last October.

From what's now on the gamigo website, it's obvious, as stated in other threads: Rift is in maintenance mode. There is no 'Rift team' besides a few who are pretending to be Community Manager [but can't do that job because there is nothing for the community at all to be 'informed' about]. And then there's Archonix somewhere in the background apparently....

Rift has been Trion's flag ship, it was the best. Now it has paid for things like trove and getting ArcheAge and paying the big bois. Gamigo wanted trove and apparently the support 'system'. Nothing more. Rift isn't even featured on their website [only when you look REAL hard you'll find anything on Rift].

Tickets have been going unresolved since last October as well. Oh wait, I was going to stop . Sorry. Enjoy Typhiria if you can.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by belsoko View Post
    Hello,
    Zaviel & Gelidra are dead now, Typhiria is the only remaining English shard on EU - it took them 4 attempts to do it, and yesterday they finally did it.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Aaah, thanks to both of you !
    I missed this indeed.
    Remainder of my comment about compensation remains valid though, but I understand that there are little chances to get a reply from officials on this. I have the same non-satisfactory experience with support reaction on this forum.
    I will just cancel my subscription, it does not bring any added value as the service behind it is non-existing, or pretty bad at best. Enough of throwing money out of the window,

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Assistant Product Manager

Hello everyone.

Isp already answered your first question.

The following shards got merged: Skelf (Hidden) / Refuge / Zaviel / Gelidra –> Typhiria

You can find more informations here: https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...-july-11-2019/

To follow up on that. We are planning compensation packs. They will be issued during the end of July or beginning of August as stated in our merge newspost.

Regarding unanswered tickets. Please contact CM Zyra with your ticketid. She can surely poke the CS team.
    Last edited by Acalos; 07-12-2019 at 04:47 AM.

You may not see the correct numbers for chars on typhiria, zaviel and gelidra in your shard list..

You can solve this by closing the glyph screen, visit the website, download glyph from there.. and run the download.

In the pop up, choose for the REPAIR option.
    that way, you don't run the full game download, only the repair bits..

When you run the game again and check the shard list, you should/will see the correct number of chars on Typhiria (the combo of zaviel, gelidra and typhiria) and the number 0 for Zaviel and Gelidra

There may be things not communicated well by Gamigo, but the shard merges are not one of them. If you missed all the news about it on the official site, forums, Twitter, and Discord over the past months that's on you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    There may be things not communicated well by Gamigo, but the shard merges are not one of them. If you missed all the news about it on the official site, forums, Twitter, and Discord over the past months that's on you.
    Besides the fact that there WOULD BE a shard merger and that everyone was SOOL if they had played the game to the full extent so far [as in toons], NOTHING much has been communicated AT ALL about this topic....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Besides the fact that there WOULD BE a shard merger and that everyone was SOOL if they had played the game to the full extent so far [as in toons], NOTHING much has been communicated AT ALL about this topic....

I was pretty informed. Maybe you just can't comprehend simple things?
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    I was pretty informed. Maybe you just can't comprehend simple things?
    Ah, another one.... not past bedtime yet? Then be so kind as to link the post where all the concerns and questions that were asked around this thing were answered.

Spoiler: you can't. Because they didn't.

Plane Walker

1. Shard merging.
    2. 13 max toon limit.
    3. toon limit is not being increased.
    4. People will lose toons.

What else do you wanna know?
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Well, the shard is still locked and my characters are still on it. Now what?
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Acalos View Post
    Hello everyone.

Isp already answered your first question.

The following shards got merged: Skelf (Hidden) / Refuge / Zaviel / Gelidra > Typhiria

You can find more informations here: https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...-july-11-2019/
    will NA be going thru same thing? if so what shards being merged? and what toon Caps should we be expecting? (so we can delete some of our toons if need be in self controlled manner)
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

@Proclus_Lycaeus This should only be a visual problem.
    Please try to log into Typhiria. Your characters should be shown after that.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    will NA be going thru same thing? if so what shards being merged? and what toon Caps should we be expecting? (so we can delete some of our toons if need be in self controlled manner)
    No plans for this as of yet. If we at some point plan to merge NA shards, we will inform you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast