+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Toons, names, tickets - gamigo, where are you?

Ascendant

Default Toons, names, tickets - gamigo, where are you?

Ah there we go. The 'merger' is 'complete'. So how do we get the names of our toons back, or back to the correct toons, and how do we get to our toons that are now missing.

Where is your plan A, 'Rift Team' [there is a team? please, it's only been ten months, introduce yourselves?]

Please show us the location for an easy manual to getting the right name for the right toon in those cases where we forgot to delete some placeholders and those now have the correct name.... [we already know it won't be of any use to create a ticket, right? since those don't get dealt with?]

And show us the way to request our correct names back where someone has just claimed them to troll people who've had those names for years already [AND had placeholders on all shards, but just had to go to bed because you, AGAIN, chose to not respect your own time lines for this 'merger' - after all, you only had three rehearsal sessions already, right? It was only gonna take two hours, right?].

Also, please finally have the common decency to be HONEST for once about the fact that there is no customer service at all? Since the tickets that have been filed in the last months have never been dealt with...

My last tickets in June and July have all been solved within 1-2 days. I hear same from guildies and friends.

So either you have very special cases or pre-gamigo tickets which they recommended to close and re-open.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    My last tickets in June and July have all been solved within 1-2 days. I hear same from guildies and friends.

So either you have very special cases or pre-gamigo tickets which they recommended to close and re-open.
    No, they are not very special [believe me, I am very well aware of that] and no, they are not pre-gamigo tickets.

I'm just one of the plebs, one of those who kept on paying and defended them for months after October.
    Last edited by Faerugue; 07-11-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Arora

Where's all Gelidra's characters gone?

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arora View Post
    Typhiria
    /10chars
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arora View Post
    On Typhiria now.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post

Please show us the location for an easy manual to getting the right name for the right toon in those cases where we forgot to delete some placeholders and those now have the correct name....
    You need a manual for this?

Here you go:

Delete/transfer placeholder toon with name you want
    Be prompted for name change (as it will of been taken by your placeholder)
    Change it to desired name

I mean this thread is just complaining for complaining sake really, you've had like 2 months to get your **** together and haven't bothered by the looks of it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    You need a manual for this?

Here you go:

Delete/transfer placeholder toon with name you want
    Be prompted for name change (as it will of been taken by your placeholder)
    Change it to desired name

I mean this thread is just complaining for complaining sake really, you've had like 2 months to get your **** together and haven't bothered by the looks of it.
    No, it's not complaining for complaining sake. I've got my act together, have had that for years, not months. I have bothered. I have bothered - and paid - for years.

You obviously have no clue as to what has been going for the past while. Then please don't pretend to have any insights in the current situation.

Last edited by Faerugue; 07-12-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Rift Chaser

My ticket in June was also solved within 2-3 days.

I transfered all my important characters to the save servers and they are all fine. I left some placeholders back in the hope to receive a title again for the deleted servers. But this is not the case. Instead these placeholders were transfered without names. It is no problem for me to delete them. I looked through all my characters and decidet to rescue eleven of them, but they are also not really important anymore (maybe five of them, so that I can play every class) because I could sent all of their event currencies to my main character. It is my first character since release.

And I deleted a character with my collected Stone and boulders Dimension, but that was my fault. The stones (maybe more than 1000 for future projects) are gone now.

Soulwalker

No, it's not complaining for complaining sake. I've got my act together, have had that for years, not months. I have bothered. I have bothered - and paid - for years.

You obviously have no clue as to what has been going for the past while. Then please don't pretend to have any insights in the current situation.

Well it kind of is. Do you think because you've paid you're some special snowflake too? I've paid too, since beta, what's that got to do with anything?

I had all my placeholders ready since the merge was announced and this morning I logged on, deleted them and logged my mains in to take the names. I was organised, you obviously were not. Insufferable.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    Well it kind of is. Do you think because you've paid you're some special snowflake too? I've paid too, since beta, what's that got to do with anything?

I had all my placeholders ready since the merge was announced and this morning I logged on, deleted them and logged my mains in to take the names. I was organised, you obviously were not. Insufferable.
    It's not - not sure why that's so difficult to understand. As stated, it's clear you haven't been around or haven't been paying attention - and that's ok, it's not what this post is about, at all.

Please don't put words in my mouth. You seem to be hung up on the 'special snowflake' thing, which also isn't what this post is about. Enjoy it, but please go do it somewhere else.

where did you get the 2 hours for merge?

It has been 6 to 8 hours for all attempts sofar... 2 hours was for the patch wednessday...

next to that.. you can always rename a char..

If you didn't have/take the time to set it up upfront, you can still fix it.

It will take time though.
    Create a char with the same name as the toon whose name you want changed, just do it on another shard. Use a 2nd account for this if you don't have that much transfer space. Then transfer your to be renamed toon to that shard... you will be prompted to give it another name. Give it the name you want.

With that option, you can rename any toon you have on any shard. I'm sure you're smart enough to work it out.
    Last edited by Aranka; 07-12-2019 at 01:57 AM.

What if another person also got that name for years just on diff shard? Most nicks arent special and original. WHat if another person who join rift long ago (or even 2 years ago but still long) but had to choose diff shard because his nick was on some shard already and now somebody moved because of merge and he should change nick? He got rights also to that nick, what now
    Last edited by TankGirl; 07-12-2019 at 02:15 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu!!@Typhiria

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    My ticket in June was also solved within 2-3 days.
    That's great for you, but that isn't the case for all tickets apparently. Nothing, no response, no updates, nothing.

I transfered all my important characters to the save servers and they are all fine. I left some placeholders back in the hope to receive a title again for the deleted servers. But this is not the case. Instead these placeholders were transfered without names. It is no problem for me to delete them. I looked through all my characters and decidet to rescue eleven of them, but they are also not really important anymore (maybe five of them, so that I can play every class) because I could sent all of their event currencies to my main character. It is my first character since release.
    If they would have given any option to do that, including guilds and vaults and connections and stuff, I would have done that too. I have tried several things in the past months - to no avail.
    Due to the fact that we never got any real information or answers for that matter on many of the questions asked in earlier threads, we have several accounts that are handicapped now.

Gamigo has clearly decided that we as customers [paying and not paying - but seriously, they've had months to actually sit down and see what this means for the playerbase, and they haven't bothered at all] and our toons aren't important. Guess that kind of sums it up. It just still hurts, which seems strange to say for a game. It's just that there's a lot of very good memories with this game...

And I deleted a character with my collected Stone and boulders Dimension, but that was my fault. The stones (maybe more than 1000 for future projects) are gone now.
    Ouchies - I guess they aren't willing to help there? I know that [not in the past year, but before that] Trion employees did help in such cases and restored stuff and toons ...

Soulwalker

Ouchies - I guess they aren't willing to help there? I know that [not in the past year, but before that] Trion employees did help in such cases and restored stuff and toons ...

So despite the fact they didn't say whether or not they'd even created a ticket, you automatically assume that they wouldn't help here.

You mentioned names and I answered it before but apparently because I don't pay (I do) and haven't been around or paying attention (I have also). You know a lot of people lost their preferred names, even to people who have been inactive for years (like me, again!) - You know what? It's just too bad. My main char has had to rename again but honestly it's not the end of the world. If your name matters that much then transfer to another shard and use it there.

You also moaned about customer service - I've seen mixed reports of this being either a lengthy wait or a quick resolution. If it was the former I'd just go straight to Zyra on Discord, she answers fairly quickly and will help however she can.

Of course you won't do that though, because I don't pay and I haven't been paying attention... despite having all my toons in order before the merge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast