• 3 Post By Ambrodel
  • 3 Post By TigerhawkT3
  • 2 Post By Andracleric
  • 1 Post By Captain Kremmen
  • 1 Post By Shadonet
  • 2 Post By Merlin666

Thread: State of the Game

Default State of the Game

Can any dev answer whats in store for the game? There hasnt been an expansion in years.

Is BOS the last raid rift is making?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post
    Can any dev answer whats in store for the game? There hasnt been an expansion in years.

They have actually, sort of, almost answered those questions.

If you take a look at the latest Team Letter that was posted, you'll see this piece of almost-useful information:

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Traditionally, we released large expansions once every 1.5 to 2 years; that is quite a long time to wait between releases. Going forward, we plan to release new dungeons, raids, quests, and levels more quickly, without having to wait for everything to be amassed into one large expansion. This also means that class balancing for PvE and PvP, addressing specific callings, souls, abilities and items, will happen incrementally.
    Interpret that as you will, but for now, this is all we know. Nothing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post

According to the recent RIFT Team Letter, instead of bundling large chunks of content into expansion packs they'll just release new dungeons, raids, etc. piecemeal as they're developed.

However, according to the same letter, their near-term and long-term plans include no new dungeons, raids, etc., only seasonal events, fragment revamp, and daily login stuff like the calendar and BP.

From what I've heard, the only actual new content we can look forward to is stuff that was basically ready before the layoffs (like Enclave of Ahnket, which I was pleasantly surprised to see). If this is true, then the chances of seeing anything new will diminish over time as the supply of finished but unreleased content runs out.

Plane Touched

Default Not enough staff Princess Toxic

The OP wants to know about new raids. The other posters have given you the only thing we know from Gamigo- that they intend to roll out content as it is developed. That said- there are not enough devs to make content as we love it. There might be a handful of devs struggling to keep the lights on, bugs ironed out in the spaghetti code, and a few fluff things to keep players busy. If there are more dungeons or raids in the future a larger dev staff would be necessary. Do not look for any raid any time soon.

Expect nothing, then you won't be disappointed and, if we do get something meaningful, i.e. not just fluff in the shop, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

PS, don't hold your breath.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kremmen View Post
    Expect nothing, then you won't be disappointed and, if we do get something meaningful, i.e. not just fluff in the shop, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

PS, don't hold your breath.
    well with the way you and everyone is making it sound here then i should just go ahead and uninstall the game and invest in some other meaningful game then. i mean if gamigo is not going to tweak whats left of the game soon to make it more enjoyable to play rather than play Trion's messed up vision of rift and do it somewhat soon then EVERYONE is just wasting there time here ... seriously IA'S need to be nerfed or restricted or better yet take out the one repetitive hammer-knell IA and replace it with 'ALL' of the old raids WITH FULL MECHANICS ENABLED! there is a whole range of content in this game that no one enjoys cuz no one has the balls to put there foot down and make people go thru it! class balancing still needs to be addressed badly cuz clerics dps specs just suck in this game. there should be no reason why anyone cant make ANY soul combo and then play it in very end game without being told there is only 4 or so soul combos you can play at end game or you wont be included with the big boys. not to mention all the pvp fans that want and have been waiting and hoping that low level pvp will some day be possible again. all you need to do is tweak intrepid like i said in first comment to start that ball rolling. im not gonna go into excessive detail on these things i mentioned because its all been talked about a TON of times in forums as well 1-29 and cross-events chat because EVERYONE cares about the game and EVERYONE eyes are on gamigo waiting for there next move!! but if they are just going to sit back and do nothing and keep all of Trions pathetic mistakes in tact and NONE of anything i mentioned is going to change at all then i think its time for the CM (or whoever) to tell us this straight up, rift owes the community that much at least ...

edit: was posted by merlin666, pointing that out cuz i was accidently logged in under different account that i dont use hardly ... not that anyone else cares but i do ...
    Last edited by Shadonet; 07-07-2019 at 08:19 PM. Reason: used wrong account (was ment as merlin666 post)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shadonet View Post
    ...take out the one repetitive hammer-knell IA and replace it with 'ALL' of the old raids WITH FULL MECHANICS ENABLED!

There are low characters upgraded to level 65 without all skills. Some are finishing their BattlePass Quest there. Why should Gamigo made the Instand Adventures unnecessarily difficult? If you want raiding, than built a group an do it. But instead you jump in here, and demands difficult IA because you like the old Raids. You simply force everyone into your interests.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    There are low characters upgraded to level 65 without all skills. Some are finishing their BattlePass Quest there. Why should Gamigo made the Instand Adventures unnecessarily difficult? If you want raiding, than built a group an do it. But instead you jump in here, and demands difficult IA because you like the old Raids. You simply force everyone into your interests.
    It's a very well known fact that the IA are [at least partially] to blame for a high number of high level toons where the players have no idea what to do with them, since they leveled from 10 to 65 or even higher through IA. That has been a frustration for years... There were supposedly once plans to do something about that, but like many other things, those 'changes' never made it to live. I can totally understand the frustration.

Ever been in a dungeon group where the healer doesn't know what abilities to use? Or a tank who doesn't know what a taunt means? I have....

As for the OP: this post that was labelled 'team letter' is all we have to go on... and to be honest, it doesn't bode well. We haven't been 'in' on anything since gamigo took over, and well, it's also visible in game with even less players than before.... and with the current 'course' [if any] it doesn't look like Rift is anywhere on any priority list. If there's any 'list' left that is...

Last edited by Faerugue; 07-07-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    It's a very well known fact that the IA are [at least partially] to blame for a high number of high level toons where the players have no idea what to do with them, since they leveled from 10 to 65 or even higher through IA. That has been a frustration for years... There were supposedly once plans to do something about that, but like many other things, those 'changes' never made it to live. I can totally understand the frustration.

Ever been in a dungeon group where the healer doesn't know what abilities to use? Or a tank who doesn't know what a taunt means? I have....

As for the OP: this post that was labelled 'team letter' is all we have to go on... and to be honest, it doesn't bode well. We haven't been 'in' on anything since gamigo took over, and well, it's also visible in game with even less players than before.... and with the current 'course' [if any] it doesn't look like Rift is anywhere on any priority list. If there's any 'list' left that is...

I only play world events and PvP. Raids and Dungeons are not interesting for me. I never queue up for Dungeons, at least not on NA servers.
    I queued up once on Prime-Server as healer and was taught about my abilities. The instructing player did not care that I had wrote about my very high latency before. He pulled all at once and it was my fault because I could not heal properly, in his opinion.

The problems you describe are also present in other games and will be there even without instant adventures, because the players can simply buy a character boost, or they level as dps and never switch on healer.

The best protection are own groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    But instead you jump in here, and demands difficult IA because you like the old Raids. You simply force everyone into your interests.
    um ya, the basically what i want. and so does everyone else that hasn't bottled themselves up in IA until there lvl 70 and there is countless ways to achieve this, some of which may not even involve removing ia itself. i guarantee that if they did this one change that brought 'ALL' of the old raids in there original as is format possibly auto-scaled to grp (or maybe not) in a LFR window which was talked about somewhere in the past several times, everyone one of the old raiders that left the game (if there not dead) would be back in a heartbeat. cuz as it is now its going to end up on a tablet as a artie hunting game only with dim housing and while there may be a market for this type of tablet game, without the rest of the player base raiding, dungeoneering and pvp'ing the player base simply wont be big enough to support or warrant the game ...

quick note: if they add all old raids to looking for raid window then they absolutely need to make it worth while for everyone to go thru that window using incentives such as gear and rewards of sort or dailies or whatever rift has at it disposal to use for such things ... same thing for low lvl pvp content ... gamigo just needs to figure out where all the gang valves are in the game and start using them to adjust the flow thru the whole game and not just silverwood/freemarch -> ia -> vostigar
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

For Gamigo top priority games are Trove and Archeage atm as you can see those 2 titles getting something new all the time and rift got a 1 dungeon and re-colored mounts + old events. Still there is no new raid like 2 years. They shut down atlas reactor and who knows which game is next.

Rift has hardly 5 or 6 devs atm and they are not hiring more devs. With 5-6 people expecting a raid, zone it takes maybe years. I can agree about that tablet, dimension game Merlin you can add artifact hunting as well in that.

https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/welcome/
    https://gamigo-corporate.prezly.com/...rough-archeage
    https://www.trionworlds.com/archeage...age-july-2019/

and 2023 soon.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Shadonet View Post
    well with the way you and everyone is making it sound here then i should just go ahead and uninstall the game and invest in some other meaningful game then. i mean if gamigo is not going to tweak whats left of the game soon to make it more enjoyable to play rather than play Trion's messed up vision of rift and do it somewhat soon then EVERYONE is just wasting there time here ...
    Yup. You should do just that. Things will not change for the better because Gamigo does not want things to change for the better. They have their own vision of how the game should be and they're going to make it like they want to. What the playerbase wants is irrelevant. We can choose to play or not. But we have to play it their way.

In my country ( EU Bulgaria) we had a proverb...
    "Fasty work is shame of master"..
    Or than mean more..the key is slowly and quality work!.

+ Reply to Thread