• 1 Post By Aranel
  • 1 Post By Burnlogic
  • 3 Post By AsteroidX
  • 3 Post By Andracleric
  • 2 Post By Captain Kremmen
  • 2 Post By Sarasyn
  • 1 Post By Captain Kremmen
  • 2 Post By Xly

Thread: When will we see real Content or Communication ?

Default When will we see real Content or Communication ?

I wasn't sure about opening another thread but I can't simply stop myself because things are getting ridiculous lately. You guys are said we will merge server about 2 weeks ago. But you guys are failed twice about merge. I can understand the first one but that things happened again I think we need more explanation than something went wrong. Somethings smell fishy here that is so obvious and I'm sure about you guys know that.

I'm asking myself right now when you guys cant even done merge how you guys gonna give us fresh content ? You guys are thinking your playerbase happy because some of the people pampering you. But sorry I'm not one of them. You guys even said we will answer weekly faq questions 3 weeks passed there is still no answer there and I'm sure about we will not going to get answer about content question because I feel like the rift team right know focused on BP thing and some cosmetic stuff. Please that is not the rift we all want to see. As a team Get a hold yourself together guys and realize what kind of game you are working on....

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Plane Touched

I suspect that they do know what kind of game they're working on. What kind of game do you think Rift is?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    I suspect that they do know what kind of game they're working on. What kind of game do you think Rift is?
    I mean if you have a mmorpg game you should create content instead of focusing on cash shop stuff.

Colossus

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    I mean if you have a mmorpg game you should create content instead of focusing on cash shop stuff.
    Rift isn't just an MMORPG. It's an aging MMORPG with a depleted playerbase and barely any devs, owned by a company that specializes in maintenance mode. That doesn't mean content. It means cash shop stuff. We're lucky to get things that were in the pipeline when gamigo took over, like the new dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Rift isn't just an MMORPG. It's an aging MMORPG with a depleted playerbase and barely any devs, owned by a company that specializes in maintenance mode. That doesn't mean content. It means cash shop stuff. We're lucky to get things that were in the pipeline when gamigo took over, like the new dungeon.
    Lotro, everquest 1-2 is a aging mmorpg as well but they are getting content lately you can see it if you check their forum + sites. Afaik lotro have a small team as well turbine sold that game to daybreak games peoples were so scared about games going to be p2w but right now daybreak is doing great job they released new raid + they are working on a class right know they mentioned on Letter. As I said its all about if you want you can do it its clear that they have no intention to do that kind of stuff because I mention maybe 1000 times rift playerbase is always acting happy and pampering them if they should stop maybe ''one day'' maybe we can see the some changes from gamigo side. But you are right tho.

Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Lotro, everquest 1-2 is a aging mmorpg as well but they are getting content lately you can see it if you check their forum + sites. Afaik lotro have a small team as well turbine sold that game to daybreak games peoples were so scared about games going to be p2w but right now daybreak is doing great job they released new raid + they are working on a class right know they mentioned on Letter. As I said its all about if you want you can do it its clear that they have no intention to do that kind of stuff because I mention maybe 1000 times rift playerbase is always acting happy and pampering them if they should stop maybe ''one day'' maybe we can see the some changes from gamigo side. But you are right tho.
    You should move on, mate! Why bother with MMO which is dead by all possible definitions of the word?! I don't understand you guys!

See my signature? I started since beta-2, played all the way until that meteor nonsense got released. Moved from original RP shard of Argent, to Icewitch, to Zaviel, to Gelidra - and I hear yesterday's subpar Typhiria has become today's the only PvE EU shard. LOL. Move on...
    Last edited by Aranel; 06-13-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
    You should move on, mate! Why bother with MMO which is dead by all possible definitions of the word?! I don't understand you guys!

See my signature? I started since beta-2, played all the way until that meteor nonsense got released. Moved from original RP shard of Argent, to Icewitch, to Zaviel, to Gelidra - and I hear yesterday's subpar Typhiria has become today's the only PvE EU shard. LOL. Move on...
    We need to appreciate (right word, I guess?) that some people have dumped $1,000, $5,000, sometimes $25,000 into Rift over the years. I've seen someone mention 50k, or spending $1500 every single month on Rift.

So it's this massive, soul-crushing "buyer's remorse" that kicks in, with people doggedly determined to keep playing and convincing themselves all's well in Telara. Like anything that begins to crumble and fail, that people have invested a lot of money into, and they proceed to defend and prop-up, because they're justifying their investment (to themselves).

To paraphrase another recent comment re: the abomination that is the Rift Battle Pass:
    It's hard to respect game design that involves arbitrary progression for the sake of adding progression where it's not even necessary. And that feels like this is definitely the case with the Rift pass. In a sense, it is likely meant to prod at those most susceptible to it, pushing them with the mindtrick that ‘Hey, you’re doing dailies already, but since you don’t have our Battle Pass, you’re wasting time! If only you would buy a pass AND subscribe to us too, just look what you’d get by now!”

Even the Battle Pass UI/window is an abomination.

Rift is in maintenance mode now, and the most frequent new "content" addition WILL continue to be cash shop items.

Great news for the whales that can't shake their investment woes/microtransaction addiction. 'What makes me feel better? I know, I'll keep spending money on Rift!"

If you are having fun keep playing. Good news is that it is now summertime and there is a whole world of opportunities out in the real world one can pick up till a game or this game is enjoyable to you. It really is as simple as that. Gamigo is a gaming business.

Other then that i believe this topic has been hashed to death with not much new info incoming. So yeah please feel free to not post this topic and pick up one of the many already existing threads of the same topic instead. IMO one of the defining factors for RIFT is public perception and these forums are likely the first real info one might read about the game. So if you really want to be helpful then try to be constructive and a bit like an adult so that any potential players that stroll by these forums can see past the angry speech. I dont mean to direct that anyone in particular and is just a general statement not an attack on OP.

Plane Touched

Default Asteroid- hashed yes- but handled no....

Whiile I agree the topic of mishandling of Rift has been hashed and rehashed it is because Trion and now Gamigo never really addressed the hashing of concerns. I own a small business- but if I ignore customers, and do not address their concerns or their complaints, I do not think I would stay in business long. Most customers would just leave. The loyal customers would try to get their concerns addressed, especially if they have enjoyed my products. It is not just bellyaching. It is a red flag waving in front of a bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    We need to appreciate (right word, I guess?) that some people have dumped $1,000, $5,000, sometimes $25,000 into Rift over the years. I've seen someone mention 50k, or spending $1500 every single month on Rift.
    Some people have a lot more money than sense...

This game is barely in maintenance mode, it's dead. Last player stats have 6,510 players globally. I wouldn't look for an expansion ever. Maybe just a two minute warning just as they shelve this game.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    This game is barely in maintenance mode, it's dead. Last player stats have 6,510 players globally. I wouldn't look for an expansion ever. Maybe just a two minute warning just as they shelve this game.
    If there really are so few players, Rift is doomed. No way Gamigo is going to invest in new content, or even enough sufficiently qualified engineers to handle a server merge.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Yo, @Zyra @Gamigo (I know there's probably no monitor for @s :P) ... I've got one week left on my holidays.

Should I get back into playing FF XIV or is there anything being worked on, raid-contentwise with a tentatively, whatever, scheduled release 2019?

+ Reply to Thread