Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 6 hour update?

Soulwalker

Default 6 hour update?

A 6 hour update during daytime in EU..once again Zyra and Trion have outdone themselves in being totally and utterly stupid, its as if you never learn..DO UPDATES DURING NIGHTTIME.

It's not enough we have to endure all this downtime every other day, but now apparently we also have to sit around for 6 (yes unbelievable amount of time) hours all because Trion can't hire competent staff.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FourSeven View Post
    A 6 hour update during daytime in EU..once again Zyra and Trion have outdone themselves in being totally and utterly stupid, its as if you never learn..DO UPDATES DURING NIGHTTIME.

It's not enough we have to endure all this downtime every other day, but now apparently we also have to sit around for 6 (yes unbelievable amount of time) hours all because Trion can't hire competent staff.
    You will be lucky if it will be only 6 hours. Last attempt of merge took 12 hours and was unsuccessful anyway.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    You will be lucky if it will be only 6 hours. Last attempt of merge took 12 hours and was unsuccessful anyway.
    I mean, it's almost a joke right? If they are this incompetent they should just sell the game to someone who can run it better..

Shadowlander

Well, as bad as it is, it's good that this happens from the morning, and not during prime time. Also you could just do something else during this time? Words of wisdom!
    Mage

Keep in mind, they are now working from Germany... EU time zone..

So 9 am CEST is 9am in Germany... The start of a working day... Should give them the time to do this in normal hours, when other people tend to work, go to school, get up, do groceries... regular daily stuff..

With 6hrs (hopefully) The game should be back online at 1500 hrs, when people start to get home from work, school, normal regular things...

And if things should go wrong, they still have relatively normal daytime hours to fix stuff, instead of having to work through the night to fix it...

Let's just give them the chance to fix this before prime time EU...
    You can always yell at them after those 6 hours when things aren't fixed then or if the downtime lasts way longer....

What Aranka said.
    After all, they need to be awake to do this, it's not just an automated process. Unless you expect them to do night shifts for it, which would be ridicolous.

Also how is 6 hours an unbelievable amount of time for server merges?
    Hell, some games when they do major updates keep the servers down for 48h+.
    Last edited by Amaltheae; 06-12-2019 at 12:56 AM.
    [Faeblight] Yareen Amaltheia Mongke ... [Typhiria] Aiadiyima

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Keep in mind, they are now working from Germany... EU time zone..
    The only Rift people working from Germany are CMs which are not involved in this process. People who doing it are in US. But there are very few of them, they even cannot do patches separately, so currently EU servers patched during the day too and not during the night like it was in Trion times.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Im happy with time of that *update* and I hope it will be ALWAYS LIKE THIS since this is the time they are at work - and not while its EVENING when we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    The only Rift people working from Germany are CMs which are not involved in this process. People who doing it are in US. But there are very few of them, they even cannot do patches separately, so currently EU servers patched during the day too and not during the night like it was in Trion times.
    if its like that than *update* should be VERY EARLY MORNING (EU time) as usuall. For us it was around 3am. Trion changed that for f** evening
    So early morning or morning or very late night but NEVER evening. :P
    Last edited by TankGirl; 06-12-2019 at 01:11 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu!!@Typhiria

Update, merge, changes..

it's all a bit more than just pushing a button to run a programm...

And since gamigo is now the owner and the EU server is based in Europe, I would assume any stuff on that server is now for a big part if not entirely done from within EU..
    And since we are in the cloud with the EU server, you most likely can't compare it with updates/work on the NA server..

Or didn't you notice.. when both servers are up, you can play both your EU toon and your NA toon at the same time... Which was impossible in the past...

Soulwalker

The timing of the update is perfect for me, as I have a regular day job.

Just got on in time to send my minions out this morning and by the time I finish work the shards *should* be back up and all merged. Can't please everyone though can you.

Drop the plan, guys, we have to please the entitled jerks of the world.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 06-12-2019 at 04:32 AM.

I'm glad its early morning, i hope they treat NA the same way if it ever comes to it. Gamigo is doing the best they can with what they got work with ... seriously, all these bashing threads are getting a bit annoying, especially when it comes from 'someone' that has only contributed 2 other posts. i haven't looked nor do i want to but it makes me wonder if you found something to complain in them too?
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    I'm glad its early morning, i hope they treat NA the same way if it ever comes to it. Gamigo is doing the best they can with what they got work with ... seriously, all these bashing threads are getting a bit annoying, especially when it comes from 'someone' that has only contributed 2 other posts. i haven't looked nor do i want to but it makes me wonder if you found something to complain in them too?

You sir are correct!

Dear players,

We ran into technical difficulties and instead of having a longer downtime we are opening the game back up to the players.

More info will be coming soon.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...12-2019-a.html

I Am and always will be a Murphy's Child....

"totally and utterly stupid"

Right.. Firstly you call the community messenger stupid, like they're in control of the decisions being made, good one. Secondly they're not going to do all-nighters to please a few no lifers like yourself, particularly with the budget they're running on. Thirdly, Wednesday has always been like this, so please get with the times. Fourthly, get a dam hobby you pathetic being, or find a game with a budget large enough to please your privileges.

And ye, they failed again, it's annoying, but I'm sure they're embarrased themselves and will be working their *** off to figure out the problem once and for all. Maybe you should learn a thing or 2 from them rather than staring at a screen for 6 hours waiting for something to happen.
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-12-2019 at 08:01 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast