+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Longer Earning Infinity Shards

Default No Longer Earning Infinity Shards

Good Morning, It seems I can't earn towards the Shards of Infinity weekly quest. I recently completed a zone event at Droughtlands and one of the members was able to earn the loot. I am level 56 and could not.

Was a level cap added at some point?

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Didn't those have to "give exp"? Old Droughtlands is (out of the top of my head) somewhere between lvl 33-42 or so, so 56 would have been way too high.

Sword of Telara

Try being within 7 levels of the zones max level next time (e.g. if zone maxes at 42 mentor to at least 49). As stated above you probably needed to earn experience and by staying within 7 levels of the zones max you should get that experience.

Try being within 7 levels of the zones max level next time (e.g. if zone maxes at 42 mentor to at least 49). As stated above you probably needed to earn experience and by staying within 7 levels of the zones max you should get that experience.
    I always mentored down to the green level of the event and was able to play and earn Infinity Shards at Silverwood or Freemarch before.

Soulwalker

Was it an unstable event you completed? Because if so, they don't count.

Assuming you are referring to the weekly zone event quest..

You have to be on the quest.
    If you have turned the quest in for that week already, you will not earn the shards anymore till you have accepted the quest again after the reset on wednesday

Each level cap has it's own quest. with different name for the 4 shards you have to collect.
    You do need to be mentored down to the zone the event is in. I would suggest mentoring to the level of the boss

You need to have done enough during the event to have the event tagged..
    Usually 3 closed rifts of the correct type, Killing 3 invasions of the correct type or hitting the boss for 1 damage.

And be mentored to the correct level when the event ends

mech and budgie events may be bugged in rewarding everything.

If you miss out on any of these requirements, you miss out on stuff like the event quest shards, specific currencies, sigils of valor...

Telaran

Droughtlands is tough. It runs level 36 up to 44. as you can see being level 44 means some stuff will be grey and no XP at the low level. The boss commonly spawns at the lower end where XP is not granted. Many of the invasions and rifts are the same. So it's easy to miss credit.

+ Reply to Thread