+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ADVERTISE FOR DIMENSIONS already!!!! Gamigo!!!

Default ADVERTISE FOR DIMENSIONS already!!!! Gamigo!!!

This game has the best housing of any other game out there by far....come on now. Bring some kind of player base in just by dimensions!!!

I play many games and people on everquest2 are trying to make housing work with what they have but have no clue what they are missing out on. I know because I play both games and see the advantage in Rift all day and everyday. This game takes the cake and cherries to those who want to build what ever they want, in most games you will be painfully limited with building or even decorating, this game offers a ELITE chance that is beyond all imagination that it blows even the minds of developers away. Start advertising GAMIGO!!!! Please! Trust in this part of the game that at least dimensions are a part of the game is SOLID and will prove it if you make it an effort to show it OUT LOUD!.I bet folks from eq2, ESO(Elder Scrolls online), even Lord of the rings online...any game that has some type of housing and decorating , you need to beat them down with Rifts superior housing. It is beyond one the best out there....Just saying and I hope you guys take my advice.

If you are not going to advertise the game in its state, at least take an opportunity to advertise for the great things this game DOES have to offer.

Also it is still the best free to play game out there, period.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 06-07-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Plane Walker

I'd rather them not advertise for a game that doesn't have servers functional for more than a couple hours at a time.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    I'd rather them not advertise for a game that doesn't have servers functional for more than a couple hours at a time.
    I thought they fixed that???
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

YEAH..DO IT GAMIGO! Im with you man. Congratulatione! fot that you create this topic!
    Yeah....Dimension is so awesome!. When i enter in one my friend list guy..i was amaized what he build in his all Dimensions!. ☺ Even i did suggest one great idea (wich is not something new).Search my other topic.
    And even dont stop adversing whole your game,but when you do that..focus in what present the game,cross check with all other MMO games. This is so important for adversining!

Rift Chaser

Rift has better fluff than EQ2 or ESO, but it doesn't have better fluff than The Sims or Second Life, because it is first and foremost a fantasy combat MMORPG and not a "life simulation" or "virtual world" title. That's why ignoring core elements like quests, dungeons, raids, souls, and combat in favor of focusing almost exclusively on cosmetics was a mistake for Rift. Rift doesn't benefit from failing in a second genre.

Rift Disciple

Rather them put dominos pizza billboards in the game and put the money into development again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotflashes View Post
    Rather them put dominos pizza billboards in the game and put the money into development again.
    I'm not sure Dimensions are a great draw for casual players, due to the obtuse nature of managing and acquiring materials. Not to mention limitations on draw distance that varies by material. SWtOR doesn't a much better job of offering player housing that's also manageable and doesn't require a ton of effort to make something remotely interesting looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post

I play for about 10 plus hours a day and the servers have not gone down on me.....Besides a scheduled maintenance/patch.

I think it is worth a shot to at least try...try to advertise dims. Because , like I said or if I didnt, those that sit in eq try really hard to make things and perhaps they like it that way but I doubt it. I have seen many players doing contests for housing...so again...if this part of the game is not worthy, forgive my post...But I doubt it. Also I can make a pizza in my dim, ya wanna see?

Rift Chaser

I'm just gonna say it:

Dimensions et al. killed Rift.

Trion set out to make a fantasy combat MMORPG to compete with WoW. That means combat in a fantasy setting, i.e. dungeons, raids, progression, quests, and other things to do, while you play as an elf or a dwarf in a vaguely medieval realm with magic or whatever. However, not only is it much harder to implement and maintain combat and actual content than it is to toss out the occasional recolored mount, but the former is also handed out for free with the F2P model while the latter has a price tag. The hope was that all the people consuming actual content would be enticed and encouraged to splurge on some silly cosmetics (actual animations for Paragon warriors would've been nice, but I guess they're not as easy to make as another recolored mount), producing more profit than an all-inclusive monthly fee.

Unfortunately, Trion lost sight of that notion somewhere along the way, and, like a crowd of simpletons, saw that content appears in the "money out" bucket but not the "money in" bucket, while cosmetics were nearly the opposite. So they ditched content and started focusing on the wardrobe options and the mounts and the dimensions, because people buy those, and Trion never saw a penny from Rhen of Fate because they never charged for it. Thus began years of neglect for the actual game while dimension items and costume pieces and mounts got a steady stream of "new" things (read: a dozen different colors of each item... thanks, paint bucket tool!), bug fixes, and promotions.

But guess what? Most players were more interested in content than they were in fripperies, and when the content dried up, they simply left. A player who quits the game has exactly zero chance of buying or even learning about the newest cosmetic items, or anything else offered for sale. Thus, the vast majority of the playerbase was stripped away until the game largely comprises people who absolutely adore spending thousands of dollars a year on cookie-cutter digital fashion but don't much care about fighting dragons (I'm not sure what brought them to Rift in the first place). Sadly for Rift, this doesn't result in as much profit as did a large playerbase of actual players buying the occasional knickknack. And here we are.

Advertising Rift's dimensions rather its actual gameplay and content would be an admission of failure.

Seriously though, I leveled my warrior as a Paragon after discovering that tanks in this game deal no damage, and the animations are trash. My dude looked like a ninny flailing around with sporting equipment in a locker room. Trion could've made actual animations and charged for them, say $5 for a 10% proc chance for the occasional spenders and $20 to get them all the time for the whales. Maybe something that's actually visible in a raid would've been an even more popular purchase than Fierce Mount #55941.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post

Trion could've made actual animations and charged for them, say $5 for a 10% proc chance for the occasional spenders and $20 to get them all the time for the whales.
    I think this is a good idea. Some of the other free to play games I have played do this as well, such as PoE. My husband ends up buying all those different effects when they come out on that game. The effects in this game have been a complaint since the beginning, I kinda figured maybe they were so blah was to cut down on lag with things like conquest. But those large scale battles are well behind rift now. So why not try to make the game look better with the effects, they are currently pretty boring.

I think this is a good advise as well, this could easily target all Sims players who got bored from
    same monotonous stuff they do on it, even would bring some Roblox players as well.

Maybe this will get in attention of Lego as well, so they can make new Lego products based from RIFT dimensions.

I mean who cares for slaying random monsters and conquering dungeons in an MMO anyway.
    Last edited by aileen; 06-22-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it:

Dimensions et al. killed Rift.

Trion set out to make a fantasy combat MMORPG to compete with WoW. That means combat in a fantasy setting, i.e. dungeons, raids, progression, quests, and other things to do, while you play as an elf or a dwarf in a vaguely medieval realm with magic or whatever. However, not only is it much harder to implement and maintain combat and actual content than it is to toss out the occasional recolored mount, but the former is also handed out for free with the F2P model while the latter has a price tag. The hope was that all the people consuming actual content would be enticed and encouraged to splurge on some silly cosmetics (actual animations for Paragon warriors would've been nice, but I guess they're not as easy to make as another recolored mount), producing more profit than an all-inclusive monthly fee.

Unfortunately, Trion lost sight of that notion somewhere along the way, and, like a crowd of simpletons, saw that content appears in the "money out" bucket but not the "money in" bucket, while cosmetics were nearly the opposite. So they ditched content and started focusing on the wardrobe options and the mounts and the dimensions, because people buy those, and Trion never saw a penny from Rhen of Fate because they never charged for it. Thus began years of neglect for the actual game while dimension items and costume pieces and mounts got a steady stream of "new" things (read: a dozen different colors of each item... thanks, paint bucket tool!), bug fixes, and promotions.

But guess what? Most players were more interested in content than they were in fripperies, and when the content dried up, they simply left. A player who quits the game has exactly zero chance of buying or even learning about the newest cosmetic items, or anything else offered for sale. Thus, the vast majority of the playerbase was stripped away until the game largely comprises people who absolutely adore spending thousands of dollars a year on cookie-cutter digital fashion but don't much care about fighting dragons (I'm not sure what brought them to Rift in the first place). Sadly for Rift, this doesn't result in as much profit as did a large playerbase of actual players buying the occasional knickknack. And here we are.

Advertising Rift's dimensions rather its actual gameplay and content would be an admission of failure.

Seriously though, I leveled my warrior as a Paragon after discovering that tanks in this game deal no damage, and the animations are trash. My dude looked like a ninny flailing around with sporting equipment in a locker room. Trion could've made actual animations and charged for them, say $5 for a 10% proc chance for the occasional spenders and $20 to get them all the time for the whales. Maybe something that's actually visible in a raid would've been an even more popular purchase than Fierce Mount #55941.
    You literally have no clue how development works and therefore your post is full of infactual nonsense. The 5 likes doesn't surprise me either considering the ill informed saltiness of the rest of the community.

Raids are dead, they're never coming back, the game is essentially in maintenance mode, and therefore you may aswell advertise for the only significant strength of the game. What blame can be put on dimensions previous to this (absolutely none) has no relevance to what should be done going forward.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    You literally have no clue how development works and therefore your post is full of infactual nonsense. The 5 likes doesn't surprise me either considering the ill informed saltiness of the rest of the community.

Raids are dead, they're never coming back, the game is essentially in maintenance mode, and therefore you may aswell advertise for the only significant strength of the game. What blame can be put on dimensions previous to this (absolutely none) has no relevance to what should be done going forward.
    Ad hominem isn't the greatest argument, so let's not go there.

I know raids are dead and they're never coming back and the game is essentially in maintenance mode. Where did I say otherwise? Advertising one of the game's tacked-on diversions that doesn't compare with those offered by services created specifically for such while abandoning even the pretense of treating Rift as what it was designed to be would indeed be an admission of failure at seeing that design through.

Producing the best mid-sized pickup truck in its class is great. Producing a mid-sized pickup truck with the best coffeemaker out of any mid-sized pickup truck (most of which don't even have one) isn't great when the vehicle can't make it up gentle hills and the coffeemaker compares unfavorably to actual standalone coffeemakers. Make a good truck, with or without a coffeemaker, or make a good coffeemaker. There's no market for a useless truck with a mediocre coffeemaker, and shoving the truck under the rug to advertise the coffeemaker means that you know your truck sucks, and consumers aren't gonna buy it for the truck or the coffeemaker.

Prophet of Telara

y'all are arguing as if any intense work was going into dimension. truth is, the load of items we got, went in because a dev put her FREE TIME into it. all work time went into other stuff. just because trion wasn't able to create more content and then advertised the load of new items as new content doesn't mean they focused on that ;)

also: NO. THERE IS NO GAME OUT THERE WITH A SIMILAR HOUSING SYSTEM. and even if there was anything remotely similar, it's usually single player, and doesn't include a community as it is here. for me personally, the community around it is really the thing that keeps me stuck to it. I would have left years ago without dimensions, so would others. when dimensions weren't around, I played a few months then left out of boredom. I reactivated for some raiding, and that then got on my nerves after a year. dimensions have kept me playing and subscribing for the last 5 years. that is an absolute record for me. no other game has ever kept my interest for so long. so YES. it's worth advertising for!

another point: without the game around it, most of the dimmers wouldn't build dimensions as well. so it's really not worth discussing, something needs to be done to keep players interested. I think we can all agree on this ;) but saying fluff killed the game is nonsense. we had extremely dedicated devs who were willing to spend free time on fluff. whatever went wrong in the office is on an entirely different page, and has probably to do with accountants focusing on money and efficiency instead on quality (that is my bet anyways).
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast